4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been double !
Still not good enough, this compilation falls short to portrait the man s' best songs. Of course the cd includes some of the best, but, there was enough songs left for a double CD.

Even some big or minor hits are not included like the following :

Bangla Desh (the original studio hit single)
You (hit single)
Crackerbox Palace (hit...
Published on 11 April 2012 by Luile

3.0 out of 5 stars more gaps than a shopping mall
First off, which no one seems to be saying is that the sound quality here is top notch with songs like "cheer down" and "got my mind set on you" sounding blisteringly great; but what's the latter doing on a collection called "songs of George Harrison" anyway? He didn't write it.
Published on 23 Jun 2009 by philip freeman

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been double !, 11 April 2012

Even some big or minor hits are not included like the following :

Bangla Desh (the original studio hit single)
You (hit single)
Crackerbox Palace (hit single)
Dark Horse (hit single)
Cloud Nine (single)
This Guitar Cant Keep from Crying (single)

Some great songs included on his solo albums:
Beautiful Girl (a forgotten song)
Dear One (a great song)
Your Love is Forever (one of his best songs)
Love comes to everyone
Here comes the moon

Some singles that were not big hits:
Faster (single)
Teardrops (single)
Wake up my love (single)
Life Itself
Ding Dong Ding Dong (received a lot of airplay)

Some B Sides:
Miss O'Dell (single B side)
Deep Blue (single B side)
I don't care anymore (rare B side)

4.0 out of 5 stars If new to Harrison - good stuff! For others...meh..., 26 May 2009
Ian Armer (Lancashire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
Fair enough, for those expecting a comprehensive 'best of' this is a bit of a let down because it's the same old, same old - very good 'same old' mind, but there you go!

I think this is a great place to start if you're new to George Harrison. There's loads of great songs here and it gives you a real taster to go explore his other albums. Many of them are superb.

If you like this, snap up the 'All Things Must Pass' album and 'Brainwashed'. They top and tail his career and are both excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars George Harrison - let it roll, 8 May 2009
R. G. Bell (Ascot, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
Well the track listing has been released (May 7th 2009) and whilst I am still looking forward to a long overdue release I have to say I am disappointed at the lack of imagination in the song selection. One wonders which "focus group" came up with this all too predictable collection.

It seems there is no place for "Your love is forever" from the 1978 "George Harrison" album; a solo Beatle classic and a fantastic demonstration of George's open D tuning and vastly underrated, slide guitar technique.

In addition there is no room for "Life Itself," "Run of the mill" "Tired of midnight blue" "Cockamamie Business," the Philly inspired "Woman don't you cry for me" "Unknown delight" "Awaiting on you all" "Beware of darkness," "Stuck inside a cloud" and many many more. This might have been an excellent opportunity to release one or two tracks that have been lying in the vaults - "Lay his head" is the one that immediately springs to mind.

One can only hope that Olivia Harrison, who hitherto has managed George's not inconsiderable legacy with a dignity and a grace which has been truly inspiring, will persuade the powers that be to re-visit this project and add another disc which will do justice to a talent that for so long has been overlooked.

All of the above being said I will still order a copy - from Amazon of course

Roger Bell - Ascot, Berkshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to George Harrison's solo work, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
Like many people my age (early thirties) I expect, I grew up with 'The Beatles' from my fathers old LPs. They were just kind of always there. As I grew older, I learnt to appreciate them for myself; and with that in mind, I decided to check out some of their solo works.

I personally found this a really good introduction to George Harrison's solo stuff. I can appreciate more hard-core fans picking out tracks that they feel have been wrongly omitted from this compilation, but I think whatever they picked, they would never please everyone.

Just about every track is good, and it's stood the test with me of being played quite a few times - often I'll buy a CD, listen to it once, after which it will sit on the shelf gathering dust. But with this one, I find I can listen to it again and again.

It's hard to pick out the best tracks, as nearly all of them are of high quality. For those who feel that key tracks have been missed, well... personally I'' like to see a second volume, and maybe they'll be included there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't disappoint, 27 May 2013
Mrs. C. Franklin (bournemouth uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
A lovely collection of songs by the lesser known member of the Beatles. In my view he was the most accomplished and certainly the most spiritual.
I have played it over and over again. Most of his best-known material is here. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent- buy it!, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
This CD contains some well known and some unfamiliar tracks.

I have been playing it in the car for over 8 weeks- nearly continuously- and find it helps me cope with the traffic and the days frustrations- I just listen to George and chill!
Especially moved by 'All Things Must Pass' and 'Isn't it a Pity'.

The Quiet Beatle and the BEST Beatle in my humble opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars It could never keep everyone happy, 18 Jun 2009
Tried and Tested (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
From the start it needs to be understood that this isn't a best of album (that has been available for some time), it's a collection of songs chosen by Olivia Harrison, George's widow. As a fan of George Harrison everyone is going to find that there are songs that they love which are not included on this album, indeed with the amount of music to choose from there is no way that everyone was going to get their particular choices catered for. We need to appreciate that Olivia will have chosen these songs for a reason, presumably because they all mean something to her - which in my mind makes this album far more special than if it was chosen by a focus group, as suggested by another reviewer. The songs in themselves are obviously worth 5 stars and I can't mark it down because it doesn't have the particular songs I want to hear on it. There have been calls that this should have been a double album, maybe it should but it should also be considered that with 19 tracks, for most recording artists today this would be a double album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Moaning....and let it roll, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
I really don't get all the moaning and negative reviews of this complilation....Yes the man wrote enough songs to fill a triple double super dupper album but that is not the point of the album...You will notice it is not a best of...it is a collection of songs chosen by family and friends based on his solo albums....Everyone would have their own setlist and to be honest if you want that go and make up an album on i tunes on your own....

As for me i loved this...Lovely photos..great writings great cd cover....As for the songs....Theyu sound great having been cleaned up etc..Can't wait for The Beatles albums to come out in september if they sound as good as this....They sound fresh and like they were recorded yesterday...It would be easy to go with listing the songs in order of release but i love the fact they are mixed up...Brainwashed material sits well with All Things Must Pass and it shows what a timeless act George is and always will be....

Buy the cd...take time and chill out and enjoy it....

3.0 out of 5 stars more gaps than a shopping mall, 23 Jun 2009
philip freeman (cambridge, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
I think one live version would have sufficed, or how about the stunning "Old brown shoe" from his "Live in Japan" cd? My big quibble though is the omission of some of Harrison's best single releases, especially "Bangla Desh" and its great b side "Deep Blue"
Have to agree with others - should have been a double with the addition of the following :
Bangla Desh (single)
Deep Blue (single B side)
Cloud Nine (single)
This Guitar (single)
You (single)
Pisces Fish (from "Brainwashed")
Life Itself
Crackerjack Palace (single)
Love comes to everyone
Here comes the moon
I don't care anymore (rare B side)
Dark Horse (single)
Faster (single)
Teardrops (single)
Wake up my love (single)
Miss O'Dell (single B side)

mind you, it was great to hear the Bob Dylan song from one of the Porkys movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars OK I see your point....but come on it's George!!!, 14 Jun 2009
An Avid Rock Fan (South Wales. U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison (Audio CD)
I do agree with many of the sentiments of the other reviewers regarding this album. Yes it could have been so much better and many favorites have been ommited which has frustrated many....but hey come on it is George Harrison we're talking about...one of the greatest musicians/composers of all time and I just think it's great that almost 8 years after his death we still can have a George album doing so well in the pre-order chart and the fact that we're all here still debating the tracklist...well it's just fab.

Thank you for the music George...we still miss you....sleep well you beautiful man.

Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison
Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison by George Harrison (Audio CD - 2009)