4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a bit of DIY.
A good purchase. The base came away quite quickly, it was only held in place by headless tacks, so I just put some wood glue in the recess and it is now fine.
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by Kitte

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.
This is a bit disappointing, but the lesson is you get what you pay for!
Published 21 months ago by z v candlin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Bread Chopping Board with Crumb Catcher and Removeable Slots 40cm x 25cm in Natural Wood
This is a bit disappointing, but the lesson is you get what you pay for!
I doesn't clearly tell you / or show you by photo in the product description that the reverse side has a stapled in base of thin ply. It is not something that can be used on the reverse, nor can it be properly cleaned, or used as a serving platter without the grid, which is what you can do with the solid wood version on the market, which is a much more multi functional durable item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a bit of DIY., 28 Jun 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Crumb Catcher, 16 May 2010
R. Wiltshire "Ray" (England) - See all my reviews
I use this all the time as I have a bread machine (Panasonic) so need to cut my bread. It is useful and catches most of the crumbs although not all. Saying that I would definately puchase another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bread board, 5 Aug 2011
IanW (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We have had a similar boards to this for about 20 years. It is now wearing out, so we looked for a replacement, and found this one.
It is actually much better made than the existing board, which was purchased from a rural French market, so I would expect it to last even longer.
Boards such as this are particularly good for French, and other crusty, breads as they catch the crumbs. The slats can then be removed and the debris tipped into a bin.
For us, this is the perfect bread board and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good at what it does and great value., 26 April 2011
H Frewer "frewer5" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I looked at all the reviews for bread boards with crumb catchers and bought this one (before they reduced the price, irritatingly). It is made of rubberwood, so I don't think it will warp - it certainly hasn't so far, and it is very neat, and catches all the crumbs. I make my own bread using a breadmaker (Kenwood) and previously crumbs were going everywhere. I really recommend this board - it is way cheaper than most of the others and very effective.

1.0 out of 5 stars not built to last, 10 Oct 2012
Bought the chopping board approx 3 weeks ago and initially was very pleased with it however tonight whilst washing it the base started to detach itself in one corner and eventually fell off altogether, the hot water appears to have melted the glue causing it to fall apart. a visit to homebase for some small nails beckons.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, 15 May 2012
This bread board is much smaller and lighter in weight than I was expecting. The depth could be a little deeper too. It does the job still.

4.0 out of 5 stars breadboard valuation, 8 Feb 2014
the board is perfectly adequate but a bit lightweight and not as sturdy as our old one.works ok but slides round a bit

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 2 Feb 2014
C. Shinn - See all my reviews
Gift -
Of course I like it

Nobody would tell me it was no good

I bought it didn't I

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present ever, 26 Jan 2014
Excellent.This is such a good design,catches the crumbs and washes well.It is one of the best presents I received from my sister Mary and I use it every day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›