5.0 out of 5 stars Immersion Taken To A New Level
To put this review in context, I've been looking forward to Red Dead Redemption for a long time: it's the only game I've ever pre-ordered. And I am glad I did, because not only is this one of the strongest contenders for Game Of The Year, but it may even be one of (that's 'one of', for the Ocarina fans) the greatest games ever made.

Graphics - Incredible,...
Published on 24 May 2010 by Carl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting.
I`m old(ish). I`ve played a fair few games over the past 25 years. I am quite hard to please (I admit that), but I think the following review is honest and fair.

RDR was highly anticipated, and got some great reviews. I`m not a fan of cowboy films or the Wild West theme, but the prospects for this game sounded good, so I took the plunge. Earlier today I...
Published on 1 July 2010 by Derv

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 437 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY NOW!, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
One of my all time favourite games on the XBOX! If you are only considering this game, just buy it and you will see how good it is!

4.0 out of 5 stars red, 29 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
red dead redemption good game just wot you need for long winter nights in when you don't want to brave the cold. your not going to completed it in one week

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Theft Redemption, 27 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Gameplay: Okay, this game. THIS GAME, can keep you entertained for hours on end, the game simulates real help situations, there is poker, liar's dice, shoot-outs, gang wars, bounties, train robberies, think of anything in the old west, this game has got it. It's just awesome. The massive map is of course no surprise coming from Rockstar, when have you seen anything of theirs done small?

Display: I've seen better sunsets on here, sitting on my old stead upon Pike's Basin, then I have in real life. That's how amazing this display is. The sky and the dirt and just.. everything is amazing. If you suddenly stop your horse, or if you go extremely fast, there'll be a cloud of dust behind you, that's how detailed it is. The shadows in this game are some of the best also, by far a stunning show of what Rockstar can do with just an Old West setting.

Sound: The voice acting is stunning too, eispecially John Marston. He explains what's happened to him throughout the story, not in cutscenes, but while you're riding next to someone, or in a bar, it's just great. Listening to everyone else too like Bonnie Macfarlane, or just the local drunks is amusing. The amount of conversation you can overhear that's so funny is endless. There's just so much sound and music and it's just flat out stunning.

Multiplayer: Multiplayer, as you can expect, is also awesome. There's shootouts, free-roam, gang-wars with your posse and other posses, you can form alliances, do anything! Have a horse race, play Poker, share a drink, kill another player. The choice is yours! Multiplayer really is one of the best things Rockstar can do, and it does it in this so perfectly.

Plot: Only problem is with the plot, don't expect to finish it quickly. Like Rockstar always do, they make a good and long story. I won't give any of it away, nor the ending, but I must say I was glad to finish it and play all of it through, learning about John and feeling for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Red the Dead and the Redemption!, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This type of game only comes around every now and then, a game so envolving you just can't not have it; its like all the best westerns rolled into one and in video game form. Brilliant! A must buy for any YOUNG OR OLD cowboy! Even when the credits have rolled there is still some much to explore; you will be playing this for probaly years! my score:9.5/10 HE YA indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars doesnt disappoint. definitely recommended!, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
well had the game a while and as a casual gamer I like a game that I can complete in my own time not rush through it. red dead redemption is perfect for this. not only does it have a vast amount of main story missions, there are plenty of side missions, activities and places to explore to keep even the tiniest attention span constantly occupied. From quests to help others to poker, blackjack and of course the obligatory getting drunk (which is hugely entertaining). In all honesty I wasnt sure I was going to get on with the game before I bought it but now I dont know what I'd do without it.

Music is extremely well chosen, particularly the Jose Fernandez song "far, far away" about halfway through the game which makes the journey to a new area quite emotional. But not as emotional as the ending and if you haven't heard about what happens I wont spoil the surprise but there is a twist.

With the music and surroundings and constant interaction with other characters, you really will feel as if you are part of the game. you can truly get attached to the characters.

The whole story line is executed excellently in a very believable and plausible manner. You will meet many new characters along the way, each crazier and more interesting than the last. There's plenty of humour to go along with the tragedy and you'll never know whats around the corner guaranteed.

If you havent got this game already, get it. you will not be disappointed. I have only one complaint and that was that it ended. Although you never can end truly as once the main storyline is complete you're free to roam the vast surroundings gambling and drinking your life away (on the game of course)

Of course thats only the single player, I havent even tried the multiplayer yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best game on the 360, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Where to begin, this game is epic. The story is amazing and keeps getting better the more you play. There are so many side missions and tasks to be done, challenges to complete and animals to be hunted. This is basically grand theft horse as the mission structure of the game is the same as GTA, but what's wrong with that! Online is also great fun with co-op missions and a variety of other team based game modes as well as a levelling system to make everything seem worth while. The Undead Nightmare DLC is also worth getting. It is by far the best DLC I have ever played.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple. The best game ever made., 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I will attempt to keep this short by breaking up the review into 4 sub categories

Story - Truly fantastic. The story is the best ever to feature on a videogame. I like to think I am a manly man most of the time but the ending had me CRYING! I have never experienced such a masterpiece.

Gameplay- If you were let down by GTA 4's lack of activities you're in for a treat . After my 3rd play through I am still encountering new things to do

Graphics- The landscape is exquisitely pretty along with the night sky.

Well I could review the Multiplayer or Sound but as I type my face has melted from boredom and Red dead has drawn me away from my laptop, so I will make this brief. The multiplayer can be repetitive after 24 hours or so but still fun (in my opinion this games single player is the jewel in the crown). The soundtrack is great.

Unfortunately I fear that this will be the best game that I will ever play as I am "growing up" and out of video games, but as I have been a loyal gamer for 14 years I can think of no better game to end it with.

P.S The reason for the one star ratings is most likely due to the fact that the reviewer, bless him, got stuck on that one mission where you had to stop some cows from leaping off a cliff. This is silly it is not that hard (16 attempts :P).

5.0 out of 5 stars red dead, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
this game is amazing it has one on the best story lines i have ever seen in a game and the multiplayer is so amazing it gives you so much freedom to do what you want

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game in the world!, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game is the most amazing game of all time! The graphics were stunning and could not get any better. I loved the parts with the horses as theye were so realistic, and the accuracy was bang on. It is educational on what happend at that time and what the government were like back then. My sisters did not approve of me playing this game as they thought it was a mans game.
Too critisise this game is offensive asi dont think there is anything wrong with it. There are a few glitches but most of them are amazingly funny. e.g. Myhorse skjidding all the time, or, you suddenly shoot miles into the air and comes crashing down again. Even after you have finished this game there is still loads of remaining stuff to do, breaking horses, poker, blackjack, robbing, bounty hhunter, and loads of hunting! I brought the game at least 9-10 months ago and i still play it for hours on end. The only little problem about it is that there is no co-op. you have to be on xbox live to do multipkayer and the downloadable content( DLC) youu have to pay at least 20 pounds for it. I DONT HAVE XBOX LIVE!!!
P.S If you have any questions, go to RED DEAD WIKI. They will have a LOT of your questions there. BUY THE GAME!!! Your missing out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the greatest game I've ever played, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Ok, so it's Red Dead Redemption- everyone's heard of it and it's classed as one of the games of the last 5 years that must be played. There are reviews out there that say this is not for everyone, but I challenge that, and believe that it really is.

This game is free roaming at its best, story mode missions at there best and characterisation at its ABSOLUTE best. Without spoiling the phenomenal plot, you play through the main story mission until completion and then any stranger missions/ outfit unlocks/ area missions or general roaming are free for you to complete in your own time, when, where and how you want to.

Interracting with characters in your spare time will unlock new weapons, cash or achievements which can be used throughout your travels. Money will buy you food, clothes, guns, maps and horses which can enhance your performance as a western icon.

Nothing in Red Dead Redemption is there just for looks. Everything from a passer- by in the field to the animals running around as you ride can be used to your advantage, or just to have a little fun. I can't stress enough that this game is truly exeptional, and should go down as the one of the best console creations in history. It's historically acurate, fast moving, stunning to look at and the gameplay is without so many usual niggles that there are many out there, including me, who call it perfect.

And, on top of all its perfection, Rockstar have created a varied level of difficulty that isn't overly frustrating but still gives gamers enough to keep them interested. The campaign is a joy to play, with just the right amount of challenge to excite us for ten or so hours, but the real challenge is getting to the games 100% completion mark. The campaign itself gets the figure to about 55%, the stranger missions around 20%, and little things like mini-game and outfit completion will finish the job. But it's not an easy ride!

So, overall, as you can tell if you've been good enough to read this far, I LOVE this game. Many pleasant nights have been spent (not wasted) playing this glorious creation as best I can, and for under £20 its an ABSOLUTE STEAL! Buy this, now!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 437 | Next ›

Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) by Rockstar (Xbox 360)