Style Name: Black Ink-50mlChange

on 9 March 2013
I don't know if it is just me but the ink seems thicker than Quink and has a weighty feeling. The bottle and case are lovely designs for shelf objects and there is a useful pool in the middle at the bottom. The blotting paper is a useful thought and sits neatly as a cummerbund. My sister gave me a bottle 20 years ago and I have just used it up.
on 17 May 2015
This is a nicely designed bottle of ink, I bought this to go with a Lamy Joy and Al-star as I'm new to fountain pens. Doesn't block the pen, flows smoothly and keeps up well with normal writing pace. Good drying time (20 seconds approx.), tends to feather ever-so-slightly on more coarse paper but not non visible at reading distance and is absolutely fine on better quality sheets.

Knocked a star off because it's not the darkest ink. Close-up inspection reveals it to be a little faded when writing at a normal pace. Good price though, and I like the blotting paper underneath. The well at the bottom is also a nice feature.

I feel a bit harsh knocking off a star for such a well-designed product, but the ink quality is the focus here for me.
on 5 April 2013
Great ink, very nicely designed bottle. Especially with the blotting paper.

My only irritation is that the photo suggested it was blue ink rather than black, which is what I was expecting! I guess I should read more carefully.
on 22 June 2013
I like the shape of the bottle, using bottled ink is much cheaper. The color is a little bit light to me.
on 16 March 2013
dries fast, looks nice, cheap and ships fast, was expecting it later

on a side not the image is of the old bottle while i got the new one, no problems at all.

really like the blotter paper
on 13 March 2013
Exactly what it says - fine unless you use cartridges! If you want ink you can buy a fitment to use just ink which seems to work as well and is loads cheaper/
on 26 November 2015
Much more economic than cartridges when used with Lamy Safari Converter Z24. Ink flows well. Can be a bit messy to use and it is worth taking care when removing the lid. The inner seal can dry onto the top between fills and splatter drops of ink when prised off. Opening bottle on a sheet of kitchen paper or similar is a simple but worthwhile precaution.
on 9 January 2015
The Lamy fountain pen does seem to use ink at a fair rate but thankfully refilling is easy enough. This ink is very densely black and flows well and dries reasonably quickly. The blotting paper is perhaps a bit of a gimmick and a tissue or paper towel is just as useful to soak up any excess ink on refilling.
on 30 January 2016
Lovely black ink, nice and dark. Leaves a lovely wet line then dries very quickly with my Lamy F,M and 1.5 nibs. The reel of blotting paper is a nice touch and hides a depression in the base that helps you to draw up even the last drop of ink.
on 30 September 2013
Good quality ink (unlike Parker ink which blocks up the pen) with a smooth flow. Blotting paper strip (to wipe excess ink) is handy because it is fitted onto the bottle.

See one answered question