5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Contagious - Catch It While You Can
Let's start with the name.

I love it....love it to bits in fact.

It's nuts how no-one thought to use it before.

(I didn't research the above assumption and will
doubtless now receive an almighty slap on the tail
from a Harry or Sally far cleverer than me for
my ignorance).

Noisettes have given us a cracking little...
Published on 27 April 2009 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars wild young hearts
I heard these on the radio , and looked for the album on amazon , have not played it much , but is a good album.
Published 7 months ago by Mr NJ Newboult

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Bought there first album and got hooked. Slight less raw than the first but still as powerful. And at a reasonable price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Really Nice Album, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I took a chance on the Noisettes as I hadn't heard of them before, nor did I have a clue what `indie music was, although, I guess that really has little significance on the `sound' of the music. This is very commercial and poppy but different enough to make you stop and listen.
The first time I listened to it I felt there was something fresh about it. After several plays I can honestly say I find it a very enjoyable. This album reached number 7 in the UK charts, with the single `Don't Upset the Rhythm' reaching number 2.
Shinga Shoniwa's voice is clearly a highlight and it fits like a glove to these very catchy tunes. This is the type of album that most people would enjoy without too much effort - enough said!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice album, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Love most of it, but the hits do tend to grate a bit after a while.
Think they are so much better when not aiming for commercial success.

5.0 out of 5 stars feel good music, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I love the noisettes their music really helps me feel good. A great CD whichnow lives in my car -

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuck On Repeat, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Received this album a few weeks back as a birthday present. Having loved the singles, I knew I wasn't going to be disappointed. In fact, this band are far more deep than the singles let show. This album varies a lot, whilst keeping the amazing factor cranked up.

This veritable feast kicks off with an appetiser, a sweet quirky little track which also shows off singer/bassits Shingais vocal talent. Next is Don't Upset The Rhythm, their big, famous single. On a powerful stereo this song really comes to life more than the radio could ever catch. Other hit Wild Young Hearts follows, which is a real toe tapper, lively as well.

After 2 very bouncy songs, 24 hours tells the story of Shangais relationship which has just finished "24 hours ago". Every Now And Then will stick in your head for ages. Beat Of My Heart is upbeat again, Atticus slows it down again. Never Forget You is full of Retro Chic.

The rest is also amazing, however I could go on for ages. In short, this album is a real achievement in music, set to be a modern classic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Something different, 29 Aug 2011
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I bought this for the only song of theirs I knew but like it lots - upeat and different for me anyway

4.0 out of 5 stars better live :-D, 3 Jun 2011
Jen_x (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I haven't actually got this album yet, but. I think it was 2009's isle of wight fetivals that was shown on tv, and the noiettes came on, and sang "never forget you" live in the studip, and it was amazing!. So much i always remembered it, and downloaded the vid/song from youtube :)

So i recommend everyone check out youtube for that vid, listening to the samples here, se doesnt sound that amazing, but listen live and you'll be amazed :)

I dont like the never forget you version on this album now, as the live one is perfect, and puts this album version to shame :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Only purchased this CD for the DFS track 'Never Forget You' - cheaper to buy than the single!

4.0 out of 5 stars A quite superb album., 14 July 2010
Mr. A. Thelwell "thellers" (Chesterfield, Derbyshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (MP3 Download)
From start to stop, this album is full of really superb music. Off-kilter enough to avoid being too mainstream, but poppy enough to stick on in the car and tap your foot along to. There's a great combination of retro-sounding melodies and song forms with modern rock/pop/electronic instrumentation, and the lead singer has a pretty great voice, certainly good enough to belt out the material on here and sound like she really means it.

Honestly, I haven't heard a better album in a quite a while. It definitely has a summery, light-hearted vibe and is possibly a touch 'girly', but there's enough substance in their to make it enjoyable by just about anyone.

Really, it's a very, very good album indeed and I would recommend it thoroughly. I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Review, 11 April 2010
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Great cd from one of today's up and coming stars.
Great tunes and highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›