5.0 out of 5 stars My introduction to a new genre
This album hooked me from the first track. I was never really interested in country music and then heard Pat Green... after buying a few of his CD's this one popped up as a 'recommendation' on Amazon.

Published on 15 Jan. 2010 by Geordie

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not as good
for me not as good as the two previous ones l have,but still good
Published 2 months ago by David Flight.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My introduction to a new genre, 15 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)

I have to say that I must now have listened to the CD 1000 times and it gets better with every listen. It has a balance of meaningful ballads, up tempo country pop and also some crazy and funny real country tracks.

I cannot recommend this album enough - a really great band and a great listen! cant wait for the next album

4.0 out of 5 stars The Foundation, 1 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
I consider this to be a great traditional Country Music cd with modern qualities performed by excellent musicians. The recordings are excellent and anyone who enjoys excellently recorder and performed real Country Music will enjoy these tracks.

Some are very danceable for the modern line dancers, but still retain that very listenable quality. Almost something for every one.

I am very pleased with my purchase.

Eddie Moulsley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Foundation, 16 April 2010
R. J. Whitmey "drbob44444" (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
I didn't knon much about this guy until the release of his country hits such as 'Toes' in 2009. It's a very unusual album in that it covers mainstream pop/Tex-Mex country and several tracks which are bordering on bluegrass. I like the album a lot. The tracks are very melodic and for once doesn't cover the usual country subjects trucks/dogs/gettin' drunk/grannies/ex-wives. I rate as one of the best albums I have heard in 2009.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 of the BEST holiday songs ever, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
We were on holiday in March when we heard the track 'Toes' being played in a bar. Found out who the band was and as soon as we got home tracked it down on Amazon and bought the CD. Then found that 'Where the boat goes from' was an equally fabulous holiday song (especially if you like crusing!), and then realised the rest of the songs were awesome. Listen to 'Toes' and be back on the beach!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
One of the best albums I've bought in a while. I'm a die-hard heavy metal fan but every now and then something else grabs my attention. This is one of those cases. Beautifully written and performed. Zac has a great, emotional voice which draws me in every time I listen to the album. Well worth a listen for fans of 'good' music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Mar. 2011
HH (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
Brilliant. If you think that you don't like country music, listen to Zac Brown. The second studio album, You Get What You Give is even better than this. Both are superb with clear, crisp vocals and production that is polished but still makes it sound if you are there.You Get What You Give

5.0 out of 5 stars Zac Brown, 15 May 2009
B. Goldson (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
A line dance has been written to the track Toes. So I bought the album. Had not heard of Zac Brown before but he has a great voice. Love the dance and the album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Music as it should be!, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
Came across the Zac Brown Band, by chance. What a stunning debut album. This restores my faith in country music, as so much now is manufactured and forgettable! Standout tracks are the opener Toes, a true classic. The reggae tinged Where The Boat Leaves From and Free. However every track is good, making The Foundation a great album. Essential purchase if you like country music played and sung the way it should be!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
I think this band are the best around in this particular genre of music. Zac Browns voice is superb, the harmonies are fantastic, the musicianship is excellent and not overdone and most importantly there is great variety in the musical styles. There are ballads, up tempo rockier numbers,reggae and humerous songs. In all there is not a duff track on the CD and I need to go and see them in the USA!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 24 Oct. 2010
Christopher Daren Clough "bookworm73" (Galicia, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foundation (Audio CD)
Really good album, like a breath of fresh air to the country music scene. In the same way "The Mavericks" were when they first came on the scene. That's not saying Zac Brown Band's music is simular far from it. But there impact on the country music scene. Personally I like it much more than their first album. Money well spent. I would recommend this album to anyone, country fan or not.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›