4.0 out of 5 stars hand master work out
I think this treatment for hand weakness works well. the only downside for me. the finger straps are very tight on my large hands and cut in to my fingers, so i'm unable to uses for more than ten minutes at a time.
Published on 10 Aug 2009 by A. Higgins

1.0 out of 5 stars Just really, really poor
Published on 2 Nov 2011 by worldofjimbob

1.0 out of 5 stars Just really, really poor, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports)
This is a good idea for product apart from the finger loops being too small (and I don't even have big fingers) but, like others, I found that the elastic is rubbish and after only having it a few days the the thumb loop has snapped. Also, though I have only been using this for about a fortnight the ball is now starting to split and disintergrate. Really very poor. Don't bother. I want my money back.

4.0 out of 5 stars hand master work out, 10 Aug 2009
A. Higgins - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool but short-lived product, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
I have bought two of these almost a year ago. I have to say that it feels very comfortable in hand and its quite unique compared to straight forward stress balls. I would have rate it much higher if they would last a bit longer. First one (firm) literally fall apart (ball has split, rubber strings broke) after few months of using it. I have only been using it 5-6 days a week for about 5 minutes a day. I would expect it to last at least one year. Second one (medium) followed shortly after but only because I have been using mostly the firm one at first (I have realized that medium was too soft and decided to buy firm one next day).
Bottom line is this, if you are going to use it frequently for long period of time (like myself) I would advise you to give it a miss. If you will be using it sporadically for short period of time go for it, its a nice gizmo.

BTW, I have rather small hands, I dred to think how long these gizmos would last otherwise;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped off, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
A WASTE OF MONEY. Ripped off like the small holes that are supposed to accomodate the fingers/thumbs
Basically, the holes for the fingers and thumb are FAR TOO SMALL. The circumference of my fingers are THREE times larger than the five holes supposed to accomodate them. Beside that, the price is astronomical given the poor quality of the goods. Reading the quotes from other similar customers buyers, I cannot understand that this product is allowed on the market , and certainly at the price. It would probably suit a 10 year old child [as a toy]and, at a cost of no more than £1. Please broadcast my reply.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok...., 23 Jun 2010
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports)
I've bought one of the alternative egg shaped one's as well, which I find to be a much better type of material to squeeze...this one isn't very pliabe, which means it fatiques my hand much more quickly - which results in poor work-out/conditioning etc. However, the rubber band type contraption that you put your fingers through (my hands are about medium/large and even they're a bit tight) is a great idea, previously I'd just used normal rubber bands to strengthen hand/wrist extension. The ideal solution would be drill a hole in the other squeezy one and use the rubber bands from this one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handmaster Firm Plus, 14 Mar 2010
Claire Quinn (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
I bought this for my partner to aid with her rehabiltation from hand surgery.
After having used the soft and medium versions at physio, her hand has shown great improvements and continues to grow in strength now using the firm version. Well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handmaster Medium Review, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
I bought this product to complement my training programme for climbing and am already feeling the difference. The great thing is I can train my fingers and forearms during my spare time and feel less guilty about slacking off from a proper workout! Useful product to take to work for those stuck behind a desk all day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
I have used this item for less than a month and the rubber loops have started to perish. I intend to return this item for a replacement as it is either old stock or defective.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, when used as instructed., 27 Aug 2013
Mr. N. S. Matthews (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports)
I bought this product at the medium rated resistance. It came with two different sized rubber inserts to allow for varying sized hands. It was recommended to me by a friend who rock climbs and uses it to significantly increase grip strength. I dislocated my thumb at work and it was rested for 5 weeks in a splint before i started using this. When I started out I found it difficult to use as i had lost almost all the strength in my thumb due to the dislocation. Within a week of careful use I noticed a significant improvement in the strength of my thumb and also the swelling in the joint reduced significantly also. I am an active person and I needed to get back to up speed asap with my thumb as it was stopping me from doing all sorts of activities. Now, 4 weeks into using this product daily for 10 mins at a time, my thumb is at around 90-95% recovery. I have been using it on both hands so that I don't get an imbalance of strength on my injured hand when compared to my well hand. It has significantly increased my overall grip strength and has actually given me greater forearm muscle definition. It's aided me overall in my gym resistance training and my cycling. I don't understand the other reviews saying this product is useless. My experience of it is quite the opposite. I am now looking to buy the highest resistance one to further improve my strength. The elastic loops need to be carefully applied to the fingers and not over stretched and snapped. Other than that, it weighs virtually nothing and it fits in my rucksack, so i can take it to work and use it when i am on my break, or sat reading work documents. I can't recommend this product highly enough. If you only get a year's use out of it then the bands snap, it's still a tenner well spent for the gains you will receive.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea but...., 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Handmaster Plus (Sports Apparel)
The manufacturers need to field test this some more.
Using the larger of the finger and thumb holes supplied I was still very limited as to how long I could bear the constricting pressure from them. (I take womens small in gloves).
Got the same effect for extension (but more comfortable) from some ordinary rubber bands but needed the squeeze power this provides as well, to repair a muscle injury

Handmaster Plus Medium