on 17 November 2010
Recommended to anybody looking for a 19" white TV. I have always found Panasonic products to be of very good quality and this is no different. The set arrived within 48 hours of the order being placed.

The sound is very good for a small set and in no way "tinny". I recently heard the Samsung equivalent and was struck by the poor sound in comparison with the Panasonic. Given that you may also be using this set as a radio, this is worth bearing in mind.

As for the picture, it is also very good although as with all LCDs you have to get the optimum viewing angle. Both sound and vision can be altered to individual tastes and surroundings.

This set allows you to view your photos on SD card easily, which is convenient if your computer takes as long to boot up as mine does!

Both the on-screen guide to programmes and the user manual are clear and easy to use if you spend a little time getting used to them.

The off-white colour of the set is slightly unusual but not a problem unless your room is brilliant white, in which case it could clash! Unfortunately, the (good) remote control and power cable are both black, whereas you might expect them to be in white. The set is supposed to come with its own cleaning cloth, but didn't in my case. Overall, though, only very minor issues.

In short, a very good purchase.
on 10 August 2010
The pictures this set produces are excellent. Mainly because the new generation of screens are so shallow it's difficult to find a set that reproduces good rounded audio. So I deliberated long and hard before deciding to pay the extra money to get this set. The audio reproduction is not full range, but is certainly better than I get from a much larger LCD made by another manufacturer.

All round this a great buy.
on 11 February 2010
On the lookout for a replacement for our 19" Samsung white tv/monitor, (used in same room as a Samsung plasma their remote switches other one on when changing channel!)spotted this tv in the window of a Panasonic store on new years eve for £199.99 with 5 year warranty. Went in to buy the black and came out with the white version.

As another reviewer has pointed out, it is not glossy white, more like a cream, which I think looks nice and neutral in a kitchen or bedroom for example.

My use for this tv is as a computer monitor, occasional tv, editing recordings
from a Panasonic hdd recorder (the remote is the latest 'viera' enabled for other Panny equipment if you have any).
It does all this marvelously, and a bonus is the sd card slot as we have two Panny digital cameras.

Although this is a 19", it looked smaller than my Samsung LE19R71.
The reason for this is the Panny is a'proper 16x9' shape, the Samsung is taller so overscans (crops) more of the picture. I do not know if later Samsung small lcds are sized this way.
There is also a menu option for 'overscan off' which is welcome and uncommon on such a small hd ready tv. All this helps toward a noticeably sharper and better defined picture than the Samsung.

There is a proper power on/off button (on top) along with some odd controls...
AV button cycles through the inputs as you would expect, +/- changes tv channels when in tuner mode. However, each press of the 'F' button allows you to use +/- to change volume, contrast, brightness, bass, treble.
I think a separate +/- for volume would have been easier, as the other adjustments are purely 'set-up', hardly useful on top of the tv.

Like all modern Panasonic tvs, there is no way to power up the tv from standby (or put it into standby) other than using the remote. If it was on when power button depressed it will come on when pressed again. A minor inconvenience really (if the Samsung had this I probably would have kept it, as many Samsung owners have found, it's 'power button' is actually standby only).

The menu options are not straightforward, 'picture settings'/'other settings' etc., you tend to keep finding what you require by trial and error. I use a 42" Panny too and have not got used to this yet. The manual is there but some logic would have helped. Again, a minor gripe.

The av inputs are pretty good, 1x hdmi,1x component,2x scarts(1x RGB capable, 1x 'S' video capable), and a d-sub pc input.
I question the inclusion of component inputs in the 'hd ready' tv spec. these days though. There is no commercially available UK high definition hardware (bd players/sky hd etc.) without hdmi, so another hdmi (or dvi for digital graphics cards) would be more useful.

Where this tv really excels is in it's superb picture quality, standard or high definition, and good overall functionality, which is why I give it 5 stars.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 April 2010
I bought this TV for a bedroom after seeing it recommended in "Which". The colour - a sort of off-white shade - means it blends into the background more when not on. The picture is very good, sound good and the set up was easy. All in all, a good buy and I'm pleased with it.
on 29 June 2010
I bought this television in white for my kitchen. It is a little large for kitchen use as it is certainly not small but I balanced that against quality. Small televisions seem generally to be poor quality and this one is certainly not that. The sound lets it down a little but is better than some I reviewed and is not a problem for the kitchen. The menus are easy to navigate and give clear information. "Which" rates Panasonic Viera very highly. I doubt if they looked at the 19" version but it obviously comes from good stock. I've got nothing negative to say about it. Great service and price from Amazon as usual.
on 3 November 2010
Yes I know its not as white as the illustrations, but it fits well enough with my bedroom colour scheme so for me this is not an issue! As a fan of Panansonic products (although not that keen on lcd screens in general)I was expecting the usual quality build and ease of use to be present. This TV does not disappoint and is easy on the eye and ear once you have played about with the picture and sound options. This size of lcd screen will never match the picture quality of a big screen plasma or led (or even an old-fashioned tube!), but for its size, the convenience factor in a bedroom environment with limited daily use, means that the compromises are acceptable. Very happy with this purchase and the speedy delivery from Amazon. Highly recommended for use in a bedroom or kitchen ... just docking 1 star for the lcd picture limitations.
on 21 September 2010
I ordered this product because of the manufacturer.
I have struggled with the phones in my home for years, trying one system after another, until, two years ago, I bought my first ever Panasonic product: a dual handset system. It has been superb in every respect. So, at a time when we were thinking of buying a new TV, I decided to go for a Panasonic.
My wife and I do not like big-screen TVs, the largest we'd had before was a 17". We bit the bullet and ordered a 19", the largest TV screen we've ever owned and we like it very much. We cannot even imagine some of the sizes we see advertised!
It was simple to set up, though I would have preferred some clearer headings in the instruction manual. For example, although it has built-in Freeview, no single page was titled 'Freeview', or 'Setting up Freeview Channels', nor was the word 'Freeview' in the book's index.
We did suss it out but, both being beyond retirement age, clearer headings would have helped.
Picture quality is very good.
Our only criticism would be the sound quality on playing back video tapes. It is echoey! I've adjusted the setting for distance of speakers from the wall but it has not improved. Altering surround sound from OFF to ON makes no difference. I've adjusted bass to some effect but it really does not sound right.
If anyone out there can help we'd appreciate it.
on 25 August 2009
If your considering this set its probably that you want a white one or that you fancy the SD card slot facility.
Please be aware the white finish on this set is not a high gloss (piano ?) white. Its quite matt and the makes the white colour quite 'warm'. That suits me fine (it matches my calico emulsion wall) but it may not be what you expect. On reflection this finish might weather better than some of my other white hi-fi items (I have a nice digital radio that has yellowed quite badly in the sun).
The SD facility works OK but it has few programmable options (I havent even found a way to manually advance or pause the slideshow). Its a useful facility but nowhere near as flexible as a digital photo frame. Oh and Macintosh users beware - albums set up on the Mac will display additional unreadable files - a common problem.
Apart from that its an OK product - although I prefer the higher contrast on my Sony TVs
on 10 April 2010
I purchased this TV as a bedroom TV.
Delivery from Amazon - Good
Set up and tuning - Easy
Picture - Good (using "Which" recommended settings which were only marginally different to the default)
Sound - Not HiFi but perfectly acceptable for dozing off to.
Not tried DVD playback yet, but quietly confident.

In summary, a good workman-like set at a good price. Time will tell if it deserves the 5th star for reliability.
on 31 July 2010
The off-white shell fits well into the bedroom. The picture is almost HD quality, with excellent quality reception of multiple digital channels, from a simple aerial hooked over the curtain rail. The twin scart input allows a wireless link from my main video recorder two rooms away and a personal DVD player in the bedroom should the need arise. Exceptional picture quality and an excellent range of additional extras in the system. I just can't believe how good this Tv is for £[].