on 24 December 2009
Got the pad yesterday only 3 days from ordering, with standard delivery so very pleased

Pooface my 20 year old cat even happier, having spent the last 2 months bonded to anything with a heat source, sadly that usually involves my groin at 3am.

Put this down and she was asleep in minutes, and she's normally a fussy bugger.

Got the 1st good nights sleep in ages without my man bits getting plucked or over heating

Buy you wont regret !
1313 comments|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 September 2009
I bought this pad for my small heat-hungry Staffie/Whippet cross, who has a thin coat and really feels the cold. He would always settle next to a radiator and I'd feel bad turning the heating off at night, to find him curled up into a tight ball in the morning. This little pad is perfect. Gizmo sprawls across it, clearly relishing the heat. The size of the pad suggests that it's intended for cats, but I'd definitely recommend it for small dogs as well.
on 22 November 2010
My cat's got arthritis but prefers sleeping on the floor so this is perfect for her, she started purring and claimed it as her own the second I plugged it in. I've bought numerous cat beds/blankets that she's just turned her nose up at but this got her approval instantly! Result!
Wish I'd have thought about buying one years ago..would definitely recommend it!

-A week later, I'm amazed by the improvement in my cat's walk, she looks less bow-legged and can walk much faster than she has in years, quite surprised by how beneficial this heatpad is.. if anyone has an arthritic pet this will be the best money you can spend online!
on 4 February 2010
I like the product as does my elderly cat, comfortable heat setting and soft cover my only reservation is that I spend a little time making sure that it is not rucked up as this could cause overheating.
on 23 September 2012
Our cat Misty, is 21 years old and we thinks suffers from the signs of old age in the night by waking up and howling very loudly. Despite putting extra food down in case she was hungry, the howling has continued for many months. I read an article online recently, about the benefits of keeping older cats warm to help their legs/pains in joints etc.

I was really pleased to find on Amazon this heated pad listed, so my husband ordered one, along with a spare cover. It arrived within a couple of days about 3 weeks ago. My cat is quite fussy and in the past we have brought various blankets for her to sleep on on the sofa, so I was a bit worried that she wouldn't take to this mat and we would have to return it.
I didnt need to worry at all- from the first time we put it on her favorite sleeping spot on the floor- its barely been unattended! (apart from visits to her toilet box and to feed)

Misty didnt wake up once during the first nigh'ts sleep which was great for her and us!! Its lovely to see her all stretched out nice and warm and cozy, rather than curled up tight in a ball, which cant be good for her joints.

We are so glad we brought this and I can only echo the great reviews already for this product. Its been left switched on constantly since we have got it, the plug does get a bit warm so we make a point of unplugging it for an hour or two once a week. You can feel the wires through the mat, but as my cat is very fussy I suspect it cant be that bad for a cat.

A fab product for cats of any age but particularly older cats.
on 22 August 2010
First one did have to be replaced but otherwise ideal for old arthritic dog, would recommend
on 2 February 2010
In November I purchased a Petnap heat pad for my cat - who loves it!Last week I noticed that the adaptor was misbehaving. I emailed Petnap on Sunday not expecting a reply,However, I received one the same afternoon, asking me a few more questions about the fault.On Tuesday morning, and delivered by first class mail, I received a new replacement adaptor.The cat is happy, I am very happy - what great service Petnap - THANK YOU
on 15 January 2011
Impressive product and approved by the cat! The cover is robust and practical enough, and about the right thickness to protect the pad element and to distribute the heat. The pad warms up quickly to a comfortable temp. I use mine under a folded cotton sheet and enough warmth passes through for the cat to enjoy. Two gripes - (1) the pad was first delivered with a faulty transformer which screeched when powered up, but replacement transformer supplied quickly and 100% OK - (2) I'd prefer a longer 12v cable from the transformer to the pad, or the option of an extension cable for the 12v section. Reason - I'd intended to also use the pad in a sheltered/dry outdoor location as the cat sometimes sleeps outdoors, but can't because the 12v cable length is too short (there's enough length on the mains 240v section but not on the transformed 12v section). Overall, a worthwhile product with all important customer service backup from Petnap.
on 7 December 2009
arrived quickly and in one piece heats up fine I only wish the cover was in different colours!
on 31 October 2010
Our cat quickly learnt where the heat pad was and loves to lay there rather than anywhere else. Not a cheap product, but appears well made, and perfect for an elderly cat like ours. The car plug is not required by us but a thoughtful addition, for anyone with a motor home or caravan.