5.0 out of 5 stars THIS MAN CAN SING !
Donny Osmond has a great talent, his voice.
This album is polished and the arrangements demonstrate that OSMOND has become a mature vocalist capable of rephrasing a classic broadway melody and rendering it into a soulful pop song.
Published on 7 Mar. 2002 by frederic white

1.0 out of 5 stars Great voice - lousy songs
I was a major Donny fan in the 70's and he still looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. I bought this CD with great anticipation having rediscovered him on the sound-track of Disney's 'Mulan' cartoon where he sounded great. Unfortunately these songs just don't do it for me. They are drab, tuneless and don't do his voice any justice. If you like the songs, you'll love...
Published on 3 Jun. 2001 by Schneehase

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS MAN CAN SING !, 7 Mar. 2002
frederic white (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
Donny Osmond has a great talent, his voice.
This CD is refreshing in the selection of material and it provides hope to all the BOY BANDS that wonder if there is a career after the MTV cameras stop !

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For All Donny Fans Past And Present, 9 April 2001
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
The album is fantastic, showing depth in his voice and a maturity that has come from years of his experience. An absolute must for all fans old and new young and old. The bonus track takes you down memory lane, but the tracks are re mixed in line with the 20th century.....but it's still Donny Osmond. I truly recommend anyone and everyone to buy the music of this talented artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donny Osmond at his best., 18 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: This Is the Moment (Audio CD)
This is the moment shows just how Donny's voice has developed over the years. He has chosen some knockout songs. My favourites are, This Is The Moment and No Matter What, but it is difficult to choose. They are all fantastic and the selection of guests show how Donny's voice blends in with duets. I would recommend this to all who enjoy the songs from musicals. Don't be cynical, give it a listen I know you will enjoy the music as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of music, 20 July 2002
This review is from: This Is the Moment (Audio CD)
I love this CD, play, This is the Moment, our kind of Love most, Donny's voice is everything I dream of in a singer, pure,
strong, sends you into another world, where you can believe everything good. Not many singers would tackle CD of songs from shows, Donny's voice is so versatile .

4.0 out of 5 stars A More Mature Donny, 21 April 2006
Karen (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
I only bought this as it had updated versions of some of Donnys old classics 'Puppy Love, Young Love etc on CD 2 but I was pleasantly surprised by the songs Donny sang on CD 1.

All from various musicals, I loved Donnys renditions of these show-stoppers especially 'This Is The Moment', which seems to be about Donnys recent and overdue success, 'Not While I'm Around' dueting with Vanessa Williams and 'I Know The Truth' from Aida, just because he sings it so well.

Maybe I'm biased, being a Donny fan of old, but long may he continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donny can be proud of his new CD, This Is The Moment., 9 April 2001
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
Well, I am hardly surprised! The man with the golden vocal chords has done it for me! This is such a superb album. If you've not had the privilege to hear it yet, it's a collection of current Broadway hits with a contemporary feel, and I think Donny's has done a superb job stamping his own mark on them. Some tracks are so soulful, especially his version of 'Not While I'm Around', a duet with Vanessa Williams. There is also a 'contemporary pop' feel to tracks like 'Seasons Of Love', which I feel would make an excellent single. It's also great to hear Donny's new, soulful renditions of his old classics like 'Puppy Love' and 'When I Fall In Love'. I have a feeling I'm going to be playing this album to death! A must for any music lover, young or old! You won't be disappointed if you buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY, 22 April 2001
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
I thought the album was by far one of the best I've heard this year. After seeing The Beautiful Game in London, I was suprised to hear the wonderful song, Our kind of love from the show, Donny sings it so beautifully, it truly moved me. Every track had something special so I really advise you to make this CD a MUST BUY.As a massive Donny fan from the 1970,s you will love the bonus tracks Puppy Love, The Twelfth of Never, Young Love etc.... just one word FAB!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Donny displays up his Broadway/West End credentials, 7 April 2001
C. A. Grundy "Cliff London" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
If you're looking for a male lead who can actually sing look no further than Donny Osmond - and on this showcase of new/recent/old musical standards he displays all that you would want. Power and emotion. The song mix is strong - 2 x Andrew Lloyd Webber / 1 x Sondheim / and a few from the current/recent Broadway seasons - Seussical/Aida/Guys and Dolls/Jekyll & Hyde. There's even one from Little Jimmy Jones (which managed just one performance - with Donny - back in the early 80's). Can't really explain why there's a song from Toy Story - but hell, it's Donny's Album - so why not. All old Osmond fans and I'm one) will be pleased as punch with this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Moment for mellow moods and marvellous melodies, 11 April 2001
Linda M Welch (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
Donny Osmond's voice has lived up to its youthful promise, mellowing and maturing over the years between Puppy Love and now. He gives a depth and richness to the various show tunes - all of which can stand alone as songs in their own right, instead of being too obviously part of a show - but you certainly don't have to be an ex-teenybopping Osmond fan to enjoy this album. Its appeal is far wider than the 40-somethings who grew up with the Osmonds as a backing track for their teens. This is an album for anyone who likes smooth, rich vocals, and mellow, jazzy melodies. A must-have for die-hard fans and new listeners alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, beautifully sung, 28 Jan. 2002
This review is from: This Is The Moment (Audio CD)
Donny takes the Broadway classics and makes them his own. His style is wonderful and the choice of songs stunning. I look forward to more Donny releases in the near future.