on 5 January 2011
This live recording is a great showcase for two stalwarts of the blues and for some classic songs.
It is the first recording I have ever bought (apart from a Manfred Mann EP in the 60s)of either, despite admiring them both for a long time. I expect I shall rectify this oversight after listening to "Live at the Ram Jam Club".
Both are on great form vocally and there is some virtuoso guitar and harmonica playing from Kelly and Jones respectively. Whether they combine on numbers or play and sing as soloists their devotion to the blues shows throughout this CD.
For me, the highlights are Kelly's version of Blind Lemon Jefferson's "Please see that my grave is kept clean", Jones' own composition "Sonny Boy Williamson" and their combined talents on Robert Johnson's "Come on in my kitchen", but every one of the 13 tracks is a real pleasure to listen to.
Now I just have to keep checking their tour schedules to see when they are in my area!
on 10 September 2012
I have been waitin for somethin like this to come out from somebody in the blues scene.
After Rory Gallagher passed away live blues has been more or less played with electric guitars.
This is great release so every blues fan should have it on the shelf or rather in the player.
on 28 January 2013
My husband was well pleased with this album and has played it a lot. He is a big music lover and likes a CD and we tend to buy all our CD's off Amazon as they are reasonable and you can browse at your leisure to purchase them.
on 3 April 2013
Great record of a live performance by two masters of the British blues scene. A lot better than volume 2 I reckon.
on 29 March 2014
Caught a live Blues Band concert a couple of months back and felt I had to buy this album afterwards.
on 16 January 2014
I saw these two live last week, great CD if you can get to see them live do
if not buy this CD.