Published on 29 Sept. 2010 by pkx166h

1.0 out of 5 stars Download doesn't work
I have been a subscriber to the paper edition for 30 years and for the Kindle version for five days and have yet to be able to read a word. None of the issues will complete downloading - and yes, I have a strong wi-fi signal, that's not the problem. So all I have is the greyed-out name every day in the Archived items. Not good.
Published on 23 Feb. 2011 by iChas

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best English 'international' newspapers out there, 29 Sept. 2010
pkx166h (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The International New York Times Asia Edition (Kindle Edition)
I picked up a paper copy of the IHT a few months back more out of curiosity than anything else and found the articles to be very varied, well written and more importantly for me without 'comment', while I realise that it is almost impossible to report 'just the facts' without being dry, compared to many other periodicals it really is just nice to read about events than have to read about what these events 'might' mean or 'could' mean or 'should' mean.

It is a 'bit' US-centric (which is to be expected considering which paper it is a derivative of) but still far less parochial than my local press with regards to its reporting on international news. Perhaps the Financial Times comes closest, but I found myself (when on the trial subscription) to be skipping most of the FT whereas I would read pretty much all of the IHT.

I found myself buying more and more of this paper over the weeks and this is what decided it for me to get the Kindle as I would normally have to be in a specific place to get the IHT in its paper format which was not always convenient. The Kindle subscription works out much, much cheaper than the 1.50 for the paper issue. Yes you don't get all the pictures, but I could care less.

Recommended. Try the 14 day free trial.

1.0 out of 5 stars Download doesn't work, 23 Feb. 2011

The International New York Times Asia Edition
The International New York Times Asia Edition by The International New York Times