5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY COOKTASTIC!
My cooking coach isn't really a game but a selection of well over 200 healthy recipes for you to munch your way through - 250 I think in total if you have the new DSi console.

Better than a traditional recipe book and here's why:

Published on 5 July 2009 by Crafty Marie

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
I wanted something that I could just find a recipe and cook but this had an odd feature of playing in a virtual kitchen. I just don't get that bit at all.
The recipes are OK but there doesn't seem to be many of them and it would be nice to be able to search for them under different categories for eg calorific.
Published on 22 Mar 2010 by Shell

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY COOKTASTIC!, 5 July 2009
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Cooking Coach: Prepare Healthy Recipes - Includes DSi Compatibility (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

Better than a traditional recipe book and here's why:

1) TAILORED TO YOU: When you first load the game, it asks you your preferences on food. You can specify how many people you normally cook for as well as ingredients which you like or dislike. This means that you don't need to waste time looking through recipes that you couldn't eat anyway - say if you had an allergy or food intolerance.

2) PLAN AHEAD: A calender is included so you can easily plan what you are eating for the week or month ahead. Add your recipes to the shopping list tool so you can see what you need to buy at a glance. This has made shopping online an absolute breeze for me because the ingredients are all listed out for you. If you were going shopping in store, just take your DS along. With recipe books, I end up scribbling out lists on dozens of post-it notes which takes forever.

3) EASY COOK: To cook a recipe in your kitchen, I turn off the option for voice recognition (it works very well but I like to go back and read the screen for myself) and place my DS in a clear plastic food bag. You can then tap your DS screen even with sticky fingers! The step-by-step instructions are very easy to follow (technical terms are always explained further without having to click out of the recipe you're cooking) and ingredients for the recipe are easily accessed at any point. If anything requires timing, a timer is provided for you with the correct time already set up!

4) GREAT FOR THE HEALTH CONSCIOUS: I've tried many of these recipes now and haven't had a single one which has turned out wrong. They might be healthy (the calories for each one displayed) but they taste really nice and have given me a much more varied diet. While there are plenty of starters and main courses - there aren't very many desserts to choose from. I don't eat puddings so this isn't a problem but if it's puddings you're after, look elsewhere.

5) SPEEDY SEARCH: With a daily suggestion for you and a quick search function so you can look up recipes with certain ingredients (handy when you're limited to what you have in your cupboard) as well as a favourites section - choosing meals becomes a breeze.

As a digital recipe book, this is great. I also have What's Cooking? with Jamie Oliver on DS which is also very good but has about half the recipes available here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 22 Mar 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing but still worth it, 16 Jan 2014
product was ok but nothing to write home about. It is annoying when the nintendo needs charging half way through cooking. However the price of the item is low and worth buying, even for the odd recipe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Recipes., 26 Oct 2013
Brilliant to be able to make good use of my Nintendo 3 DS. I have tried quite a few of the recipes and they went down quite a storm with the family. Would definitely recommend. Easy to use, can store favourite recipes. Many hand features. Worth looking at My Cooking Coach if you like cooking and want some new ideas.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but not very specific., 21 Jan 2013
Charlotte Hall "RPG nerd" (Derby, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It works, but it's fiddly and not particularly open to the potential of users having intolerances or suchlike in the recipes it provides. It'd be better if it had a broader range of recipes that could be tailored more specifically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for my son, I think will be a chef, 16 Jan 2013
Great fun for my son, I think will be a chef.still trying to prepare something to eat
I would recommend for small cooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and a good memory jogger for recipes, 24 Mar 2011
Mr. K. Hall "Keith" (Gosport, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I got this due to a review of my health in general and found my diet needed revamping. I usually had the food in the house but didn't necessarily use them well. This program lets you look at options with your raw ingredients and come up with some method of cooking it. Useful and helpful.
The simulated cooking is annoying and apparently pointless so I would have preferred the manufacturers expand the database and offer recipes based on a wider base of foods.

1.0 out of 5 stars game, 3 Jun 2013
Rubbish save your monkey and spend it on something like chocolate. I gave mine to the dustbin and it enjoyed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 23 Sep 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Despatch was quick, considering it came from Canada but the game only worked twice then my DS refused to recognise it. Ok it was cheap but not worth the money and it was going to cost me more than it was worth to send it back.