5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to connect a MacBook Air to your HD TV
Published 9 months ago by Asphodelia

3.0 out of 5 stars Second one
Had to buy another one as the first one broke within 6 months of owning it. otherwise it is a good product.
Published 1 month ago by Matthew Aspell

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to connect a MacBook Air to your HD TV, 4 Oct 2013
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Monoprice Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support (Personal Computers)
I purchased this lead to connect my MacBook Air to my Samsung Smart TV set. I am glad to report that it works absolutely fine - all I had to do was to connect one side to the Thunderbolt port, and the other to the Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A which in turn plugs into one of the HDMI ports on the TV. This set up carries the sound as well so no need to use a 3.5mm audio cable.

One note for Mac users: remember to go to System Preferences/Sound to select the correct sound outup (I think it shows as HDMI). Initially I didn't do that and thought I needed an audio cable after all. Luckily I then realised my obvious mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Monoprice mini design port to hdmi adapter., 6 Aug 2013
I bought this to connect my 47" Samsung to my 27" imac 2013 and I'm grad to say it works a treat. Good build quality and very easy to set up with the audio just needing swapping to samsung in the audio settings in system prefs. Very happy ideed.
B0025V2VO0

3.0 out of 5 stars Second one, 10 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars MACBOOK TO TV, 4 April 2014
Works perfectly. Plug it into the thunderbolt bit of your macbook, plug a HDMI cable into your tv and the other side into this port, and you can display your laptop screen in glorious HD onto your telly (assuming it's a HD compatible TV). Perfect for watching movies/streaming sports. Audio comes through your telly, and I suggest fiddling about with the display settings on your mac to get the most desirable dimensions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Mar 2014
Very good quality and work perfectly fine. Voice & Video both works as specified. Good value for money. Will recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy., 21 Mar 2014
Excellent product, does exactly what I'm looking for, really clear, crisp picture, I would definitely recommend it at that price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much hassle to send back., 20 July 2014
My fault again, second wrong one I've bought...

Can't be arsed sending back aint worth the fiver in stress.

Never mind .... Given up connecting TV to computer.... cost me too much...

Got some spares for just about every apple computer ever made.

Apart from mine.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Vision fine, Audio not

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly with current range of Mac Minis 1080P goodness, 8 July 2014
Works a treat for connecting two 1080p HDMI displays to any of the current range of mac Mini's (one via the built in port and one via this adapter).

5.0 out of 5 stars Check your sounds settings!, 4 July 2014
Perfect, lets me use my macbook to connect to my HD tv. As many people have said make sure to change your sound setting so it outputs via the HDMI.

Monoprice Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support