5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight and Very Agile
I am not interested in giving a full review, but I will say that the Mobile Mouse 6000 is very light weight. Normally wireless mice tend to be a little heavier than wired mice because of the radio receiver and battery, but this (with battery) weighs just 91 grams on my kitchen scales (digital).

Driver install was painless, just plug the USB receiver in and you...
Published on 2 July 2009 by B. Grewcock

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size and weight, but scroll button terrible
Published on 12 April 2010 by L. Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight and Very Agile, 2 July 2009
B. Grewcock "Brook G" (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)

Driver install was painless, just plug the USB receiver in and you are away after a quick automatic driver install. When I tried it with windows 7 (Release Candidate 7100) that didn't even happen, it just worked!

This is a portable wireless mouse so it doesn't go to sleep. There is an off switch on the bottom of the mouse. For laptop users on the go this is good, but for desktop users this could be irritating.

And despite all the promotional pictures having a blue ring around the mouse, the real mouse doesn't have this. For me this is a plus, but anybody expecting a neon blue effect while using it, is going to be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse, 29 Oct 2009
John Rothlisberger (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
This mouse is exactly what I was after: small, light and highly responsive. The optical tracking technology is very forgiving and smooth, and the tiny USB receiver just lives in my laptop all the time, whether I'm using the mouse or not -- it's *very* small.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Mouse, 2 Nov 2009
Mr. T. Robinson "Tom" (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
I required a new mouse as my last Microsoft Mouse reached its 4th Birthday and thought it was time to call it a day!
I have been amazed at the quality and responsiveness of this mouse. The micro reciever is a welcome addition for laptop users and the mouse is equipped with an on/off slider switch which is excellent for energy conservation, particularly when travelling. I use this mouse on both my laptop and my PC and havent had a single problem with it. My experience with Microsoft Peripherals has and continues to be positive.

All in all a great little mouse with a lot of buzz!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty darn good, 10 Jan 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
got this for my netbook after getting two wired mice with retractable cables, which both broke due to the usb plug bit of it breaking- annoying after just 3 months...so I went wireless- after wasting some money on a rubbish one made by case logic(and returning it almost immediately...), i went for this one - brilliant decision.

The mouse works as well(in terms of sharpness of movement), if not better, than a wired mouse, and is comfortable to use, quite light, but not anything that's even close to an issue, and small enough to be mobile but not uncomfortable for me, an 18 year old boy/man-never sure which one... (I've not got small hands)

The only slight minor is the wheel doesn't have click bits on it so you cant use it for accurate scrolling(i.e. zooming on google maps)but this does enable you to use it for side scrolling with a sort of click, so for normal browsing and office work its great

The software with it is your token Microsoft stuff- easily good enough for your average user, with which you can customise all the major buttons- including the two side buttons which are turning out very nicely for me as track changers in itunes (only scrolling up, down, left and right is unchangeable). It also works plug and play so I frequently shove it in other peoples laptops - I'm a touch pad hater...

Another plus , and its a big plus, is the nano transceiver, which is well good- range of absolutely miles- if I can see the netbook, it will work(great for presentations), tiny, and not going to break however badly you treat it (bear in mind I'm a boy...) and stores really well in the mouse.

Finally, the battery life appears to be rather good- 2 months in and the battery from the box is still(according to the mouse anyway) not running low, which it tells you with a light as you turn it on. I'm never one to believe in estimates, but I reckon it should do me for at least 6 of the 10 months estimated...

Oh and the bluetrack stuff is good too- I'm currently lying on my bed with it beside me and its as quick as ever...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you want a discreet, precise and sleek mouse, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
The looks, bluetrack and nano transceiver were behind my decision to purchase this. Got it today and was further impressed. Especially,

- Wheel is simply awesome. You know that horrible clicking and grinding sound that you get with some mice, as though some mighty axle were being turned? Well, you can forget about that with this mouse. It's really a gliding motion and at first, it feels like nothing is moving at all! Sort of like a 'touch' wheel! And no sound at all! This is definitely a winner for me because I couldn't live with firefoxing without a comfortable wheel.

- Third (middle) button [pressing wheel] is really easy to 'activate' as well, unlike other mice where it requires a noticeable effort and flex from your finger to depress the wheel [cf. Logitech V220].

- Left and Right buttons have a sort of 'muffled' clicking sound to them [again, cf. V220 which has a sharp clicking sound that is more liable to be overheard some distance away].

- Provided software also makes it easy to customize the left and right side buttons (or whatever you call them) with useful functionality e.g. going to the previous page in your browser, copy, paste etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse. A little expensive, 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
Starting up the mouse initialises a warm blue glow beneath the mouse and the free led turns on at the top. The green Led eventually fades to leave you with a glossy black finished mouse with 2 main buttons, 2 side buttons and a wheel button working at 1000dpi resolution which is precise and as accurate as their previous mouse which I owned, the Notebook optical mouse 3000. The main difference being the size and wire there.

This is slightly larger than that mouse, but still appropriate for notebooks. It feels full in the hand and the glossy finish does pick up some dirt and dust, but is easily wiped off with clothing or a microfibre cloth, as the surface is the same as that used on the PSP. Heavy oil marks require a microfibre cloth or "window-cleaning tissue or newspaper soaked in a little water. This said, it doesn't really require that much maintenance, unless you want it to look brand new all the time.

It's not the most comfortable mouse. Extremely large hands are better off with a standard sized mouse such as the Microsoft Explorer.

The bluetrack really does work on anything apart from glass and I've tried carpet, metal, marble and skin. The wireless nano-receiver spring-loaded into the mouse is a nice touch as in some notebooks, the receiver does still stick out and could get damaged so storing it under the mouse is ideal. It could be improved by allowing the same push to insert it being used to remove it much like a DS game cartridge. At present there is a small button you press to "pop" the received out the mouse.

The only addition I would recommend with this mouse is a nice case for it if going travelling with it as you do with notebook mice to protect it's cosmetic glossy finish above all. I've found the small foam or leather compact camera cases available any digital camera store appropriate.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great multi-button ambidextrous mouse, 24 Aug 2009
L. Monroy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
As a left handed user I found this to be one of the best mice I've used for quite a while. There are very few decent multi-button (5+) mice that can be used by both left and right handed people. This mouse is not tiny like some mobile mice, and works fine for everyday use. The receiver is tiny, so you can leave it plugged in all the time without fear of knocking it out, very handy.

Having the tilt AND 2 buttons on each side of the mouse along with the middle mouse button means there are 7 buttons in total!

It works well without a mouse mat on all the surfaces I've tried, battery hasn't gone flat after over a month of 9-5 daily use.

Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size and weight, but scroll button terrible, 12 April 2010
L. Groves (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
I received this mouse this morning, it's packaging was great, no Stanley knife required, however that's irrelevant to the mouse itself! I'm very pleased with the mouse apart from the scroll button. I cannot get the it to click, so have programmed the tiny right side button to perform the "middle click" function, which I use all the time for "open in new tab" etc actions, time will tell as to whether this winds me up or whether it works. As other reviewers have said, the scroll button also feels very cheap and light, a real shame as the rest of the features are good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000, 26 Oct 2009
R. Wolfe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
Decent (ambidextrous) mouse for a left-hander.
Good points are:-
1. Slick all-round action.
2. Instant conectivity with transceiver.
3. Good range - no glitches/drop-outs so far.
4. On/off switch on mouse for good battery life.
5. Tiny transceiver docks in mouse.

The bad:-
1. Bit small in hand.
2. Side buttons bit small.
3. No detente scrollwheel wheeeee!
Microsoft MHC-00004 Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible to use, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (Accessory)
I bought this mouse for constant laptop use both at work (desk), home (armchair) and anywhere else.

Whilst it is well made and looks great the design is absolutely horrible. I've been trying for 4 weeks now but I have had to give up. If it wasn't company property, I would bin it.

The wheel has no click and is INCREDIBLY sensitive. The slightest touch will cause vertical scrolling. This makes the wheel button useless - any attempt to click it instead turns into a vertical scroll operation. The vertical scrolling also appears to be non-standard - I have a couple of programs where scrolling is messed up - but only with this mouse.

The side buttons are too far forwards. They cannot be operated without moving your entire hand forward. Or, as often happens, you accidentally pull the mouse towards you to use the thumb button - and click it below the window where you started. Unless you have considerable strength in your ring finger, you will also have to contort your hand to use that button.

The BlueTrack does seem to work well on just about any surface. But this mouse has a real tendency for the cursor to start to drift up and to the right when the mouse is sitting absolutely still. Spooky!

The software seems OK but it doesn't, as I saw suggested somewhere, support Logitech mice. In fact, it forced removal of Logitech SetPoint - a shame since I'm going back to my old Logitech after this piece of ****.

Seriously, do not even THINK about buying this mouse unless you can get a chance to try one first.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000