Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£10.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 11 July 2010
I purchased this album having only heard their début album Begins Here. I thought Begins Here was a good album, and I had heard from other fans that Final Conversation of Kings was not quite as good as the band has 'mellowed' a little. However, it only took a couple plays of FCOK for me to realise that I was listening what would become my all-time favourite album. There is no weak track to be heard on the album, and I think the flow of the album is one of the best I've ever heard.

The album kicks off with 'Worlds on Fire', a track which can only be described as epic as it takes you on a 7-minute journey through brooding lyrics, weeping guitar licks, big riffs, and even bigger vocals. Most would argue this would be a good way to end the album but I think it's an even better way to start the album; it certainly gives the listener flavours of other songs on the album, adding to the 'flow' I was praising earlier.

Other notable songs include 'Window and the Watcher' with its punchy riff and big chorus; also 'In These Hands' has hard-hitting lyrics, and even harder-hitting guitar work and vocals combination. In fact, In These Hands is not only my personal favourite on the album, but it very quickly became one of my favourite songs ever. Couldn't get it out of my head for weeks!

Overall, I cannot fault this album in any way. Every song has a brilliant balance of lamenting melodies, catchy riffs, beautiful lyrics and perhaps above all, Boge's unforgettable vocal performance. It blows my mind how he switches effortlessly between soft, almost fragile tones to a powerful and gutsy 'boom'. I would usually want to add a small list of other acts that they can be compared to, but I cannot really put them in any existing category. I would have to say that if you are a fan of Karnivool, Birds of Tokyo, Cog etc. then this is going to be a great addition to your seemingly all-Australian collection.
on 27 July 2009
The reason I got this album was I saw one of their tracks off it recommended in Kerrang. I don't normally get anything good out of Kerrang but this time I have! And I am very grateful. I have been craving new music of late and this band definitely fill the gap.

They have a great sound on this album. I cannot compare it to their past releases as I have not heard them. The singer has a very good voice, managing to switch from soft emotional singing to a more hard rock sound. The guitar is fantastic too, eerie and atmospheric on some songs but able to switch effortlessly to harder power riffs when needed.

Stand out songs so far for me are Final Conversation, Worlds on Fire and The Way. They have some of these songs on their Myspace so listen to them before you buy this to see if you like it as I would say those songs seem representative of the album as a whole.

Now who would I liken this band to, tough question to be honest. At times I think they sound a little like Pain of Salvation and I also think they definitely have some Funeral For a Friend in them too - the softer side not the emocore side. They are a soft band, no screaming involved. A hard rock band, at times they sound like Black Stone Cherry too.

Great band. I would recommend them to anyone!
on 20 May 2009
...a work of art. Delicate one second and beautifully dense the next, not a drop spilt at any point.
They should be huge
on 8 October 2009
I cant believe how good this album is. Honestly, dont even think about it, just buy it. If you like Tool, Muse, Karnivool, Live or all of the above, BUY IT...
on 10 August 2009
How this band remain under the radar outside of Australia is a mystery. Their two previous albums are five star quality and there is no change on this offering, not a weak track in sight. Slightly more mellow than Imago but this is rock music as it should be, long may it continue!