Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 9 February 2010
What a complete load of bilge. Dont buy this unless you have no idea what makes a good film. It is about as convincing as a plastic fried egg and twice as bad in taste.
on 23 October 2014
A really good film, interesting storyline and I noted some Biblical prophetic messages within the story such as a sort of rapture, tree of life, angels and Gospel proclamation hidden in the background near the end.
on 22 June 2015
Top film
on 17 November 2014
Suspend reality for this cracking supernatural/sci-fi film with an original and enthralling story, and with and ending which isn't quite what you were expecting! Very good and well worth a watch.
on 26 July 2009
My sister and her husband went to see this at the cinema, saying it was good and worth it for us to see it when it came out to rent or buy. So I rented it on Blu-Ray to feel and see the experince and what one it is. The stunning colours and sound is amazing, totally out of this world. Nicolas Cage's movies are sometimes good and other truely bad, this one had a good start and gripped me throughout. But there's a problem, that ending. I'm sorry but I hated it, it went too over the top and I got very upset of seeing it. It seemed ridcalous and the special effects looked very rushed at that point. So it's a worthy film to watch just don't be too proud of the ending, it's horrible and sad. Like one reviewer, I argee with their suggestion. Recommened if you love a film like this.
4343 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2015
Interesting plot, well performed and with THE most terrifying plane crash scene (turn it up loud)...
From bloke who made Dark City so it looks good too.
Not great but not bad either..
on 14 February 2010
I've seen some awful films in my time but this is by far the worst. I would rather have spent two hours at the dentist.
on 21 August 2009
I am a huge fan of Nicolas Cage and couldn't wait to watch this film.
I avoided all reviews and pre-ordered the DVD.

I snuggled down with the boyfriend last Saturday night to watch it. I absolutely loved it! Then, what I thought may be Angels, the aliens came.. took the children in their big bright spaceship to re-start the human race.
What the hell? A true dissapointment.
Nicolas what on Earth were you thinking?

Do not waste your time with this film!
on 11 June 2010
This has got to be one of the daftest storylines I have seen recently, Mr Cage was So depressing that I longed for the world to end........... which inevitably it did, the best part of this movie was the end of the world effects,(all30 seconds of it) I fast forwarded some of the scenes as they just dragged on and on and on, I had to shake myself awake!
on 9 October 2014