5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy!!
i brought this for my GF for christmas, shes a photography student and has a passion for the retro cameras.

when she opened it i was instantly the best boyfriend ever! :)

from what i can gather everything works just as it should. the coloured plastic inserts for the flash are a great feature.

One thing i will mention (for those who aren't...
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by MattB

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitschy and fun, but cheap
I bought this camera for my husband, a digital SLR enthusiast who loves to manipulate his photos online to get them just perfect. I thought this would be something of an antidote -- a way to reconnect to the spontaneous joy of phototaking. (The Lomo 10 Golden Rules really inspired me in this direction -- what a kick in the pants!)

When the camera arrived,...
Published on 16 Jan 2010 by Susan Cozzolino

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy!!, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lomo Diana F+ 1960's Retro Style Camera Starter Kit (Camera)

when she opened it i was instantly the best boyfriend ever! :)

One thing i will mention (for those who aren't as informed as she is) it may be worth also buying the 35mm film back so that you can use 35mm camera film rather then just the medium format film, yes MF allows a larger print, but its not as easily accesible or as low priced as 35mm.

and on the final note...the seller was supurb! quick posting, no hassle, and well packed (even if our postie did through it over the fence! :( ).

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, 18 July 2012
Love love love this camera. Can take a bit of getting used to, have had a few dodgy photos as have been so used to using a digital camera but once you get the hang of it the pictures are fab, they have a really dreamy quality to them. The retro design of the camera is great too especially the massive flash! which also comes with gel filters so you can play around and experiment with giving your photos different colours. The only problem is trying to find somewhere to process the 120 film. I don't have anywhere local to me so I did an internet search and found a great place which I post my film to. I'd recommend doing your research as some places are pretty pricey!

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 8 May 2013
cool old school style camera for taking fun pictures not over expensive for the quality of the item get one ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana F, 14 Jun 2012
I found it easier to use and better built than expected, I am enjoying it and it allows being very creative in many different ways. If you are a point and shoot digital camera freak consider very carefully before purchasing, this is something totally different but yet awesome (to me at least). Also make sure that you have around you someone who knows how to develop and scan 120mm film. I have had issues in development especially with the endless panorama feature, despite me asking for uncut negatives they came back cut. Hopefully film photography is in fashion again, lomography as well, so there will be more specialized places and people (at least in Greece). Finally I have to say it is an excellent gift idea! If you fall for it you are up for a whole new hobby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth to buy it, 16 Sep 2013
Very cool camera, retro-style with many effects, totally recommendable if you like photography. Also, the price is fair, you get what you paid for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitschy and fun, but cheap, 16 Jan 2010
Susan Cozzolino (Colchester, England) - See all my reviews

When the camera arrived, though, it was made of light plastic -- kitschy and fun to my eyes, but a very different feel for someone used to handling high-end camera equipment. He gamely went along with the idea and shot a spontaneous roll of film, biting his urge to see the results right away.

The trick now is getting the 120 film developed. The guys at our local camera specialty store say it needs to be sent out -- a 2-week wait. We're now investigating other options. The film is still sitting on our kitchen counter.

Bottom line: Be aware what you're buying. You're buying an idea, a set of principles, entree into a group of like-minded enthusiasts. If that's your bag, you'll be thrilled.

ARRAY(0xa3d349b4)