4.0 out of 5 stars Great little PC - but watch out!
We bought this PC to replace an ageing notebook, and chose it largely because of its small size; we live in a tiny maisonette.

Published on 1 Sep 2009 by Jobsworth

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Graphics
The graphic is really poor.
It is not even good enough for reading word documents.
What a fail.
Published on 6 Aug 2010 by X. Zhang

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little PC - but watch out!, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: Acer Veriton L410 Desktop Tower (Athlon X2 Dual-Core, 2.3 GHz, RAM 2048MB, HD 320GB, DVDRW, LAN, Vista) (Electronics)

And boy, is it small! I think it looks terrific - very neat and well finished. The performance is all we need, too, with loads of disk space and plenty of power to run office apps and use the internet (we don't do games, and haven't yet played a DVD on it).

Documentation is another story though. Basically, there isn't any in a meaningful sense. This can lead to problems, as I found out, when things don't go quite right on installation. I won't bore with detail, but suffice to say that enormous care needs to be taken with the bundled Recovery DVDs. I think 'Recovery' is a completely inaccurate description - they're actually the XP downgrade disks, so if you need to start over and reinstall Vista, it's very easy to find yourself overwriting it with XP, with no way back. There is an Acer utility to create a set of proper Vista recovery disks, but it's by no means obvious where this is, and the documentation is on a throwaway-style leaflet in Acer's own particuar form of technical/management English.

So... great little PC, but probably an unwise buy if you're not a fairly competent/experienced computer user - or at least have access to some technical help you don't have to pay for. Don't rely on decent support from Marketplace vendors - the one I bought from didn't want to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small But Very Powerful!, 10 Jun 2009
C. Burroughs (London) - See all my reviews
Wow! I received this little baby one day after dispatch and it just doesn't stop amazing me. It comes in its own Acer box, perfectly sealed and untouched by human hands. (Except mine now :P)

It's quite light and very very compact. I compared it to my older PC and it was totally dwarfed.

Another thing I like about it is that it is very silent even though it has 2 fans because of the dual processors: a big difference compared to my old wheezy PC.

Connecting it to my monitor was very easy; I only needed to use the adapter which came with the Acer. I started it up and it ran like a dream, very quietly and fast. I went through the whole setup and then when it finished I got to explore Vista Business Edition. I had worries about Vista and I was glad when I saw that there were 2 XP Pro disks there if I needed them. But Vista seems quite like a nice interface. It's nice if you have the processing power and of course this tiny one has it.

One thing though - If you use wireless internet you might have to buy your own separate wireless USB as I had to because this PC only has a LAN port - but then it says that in the specs so it was no trouble at all.

Overall I have to say that this PC is brilliant. It does everything you want it to. My main reason for purchasing another PC was that I needed to run Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash all at the same time while talking on MSN and browsing the internet. I installed PS and Illu and they both run well together - no lagging - yet.

So if you'd like to purchase this PC and you want excellent value for money, compactness and fastness, you should definitely give this one a try. =]

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Graphics, 6 Aug 2010
X. Zhang (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The graphic is really poor.
It is not even good enough for reading word documents.
What a fail.