5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty, sexy music
This is a great album, and if you've been bitten (sorry) by "True Blood" the TV series its a must own. The album opens with "Bad Things - Jace Everett" the opening theme music from the series and contains a mixture of country, bluegrass and difficult to categorise, but very very good tracks with a Southern cajun feel.

Particular highlights for me were...
Published on 18 Oct 2009 by Skeadugenga

This is the soundtrack for an award-winning HBO TV series about vampires in Louisiana. I haven't seen the TV show but was drawn to this record because it features a song by Slim Harpo that I hadn't heard before, "Strange love". The record is a various artists compilation featuring mainly southern country, blues and soul.

I tend to prefer the older songs by...
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by G. E. Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty, sexy music, 18 Oct 2009
Skeadugenga (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)

Particular highlights for me were "Swampblood", "Play with Fire" and "I Don't Wanna Know". "Bones" just blew me away and I've ordered a "Little Big Town" album on the strength of it. In fact all the tracks on this album are great. And I've always hated country music! The nearest to traditional country is "Lake Charles" which I didn't like to start with, but after 10 plays (and I only got it 2 days ago) even that has grown on me.

Sunday morning and I'm sitting on the porch with my coffee, the moss swaying gently from the oak trees in the breeze and a pickup truck is coming up the drive...sorry, this is England in Autumn, its cold and horrible...but put this CD on and indoors its sultry weather in Louisiana.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood, 30 Sep 2009
G. H. Beare "gilly helbee" (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
Love True Blood and have watched all season one. The music fit very well with the place and time. I would suggest to anyone that likes the Theme song on the soundtrack, to listen to the mixture of country, redneck, gospel and bluegrass....because its just outstanding and fits like a glove

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy music, 18 Nov 2009
Skeadugenga (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)

Particular highlights for me were , "Bleed to Feed", "Swampblood", "Play with Fire" and "I Don't Wanna Know". "Bones" just blew me away and I've ordered a "Little Big Town" album on the strength of it. In fact all the tracks on this album are great. And I've always hated country music! The nearest to traditional country is "Lake Charles" which I didn't like to start with, but after 10 plays (and I only got it 2 days ago) even that has grown on me. I'm ordering copies for friends now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first bite!, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
From the very first track, Jace Everett's amazing "Bad Things" to the very last, Bone's "Little Big Town" this cd soundtrack to the brilliant True Blood series is a must have for any fan on the TV series.
Its blues, its swamp-blues,its rock and it's everything you would expect from such a fantastic series.

4.0 out of 5 stars True Blood: OST, 25 Feb 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
This `True Blood Soundtrack' has a great selection of tracks from, and inspired by, the TV series of the same name. Of course you get the excellent title track `Bad Things' by Jace Everett but you also get some other great songs as well. Most have a country/blues feel to them and some are softer, whilst other are low down and dirty. Examples of the former are `Two' By Ryan Adams which a is a great county ballad and of the latter `Swampblood' by The Legendary Shack Shakers, which has some amazing harmonica playing on it. There is also a good booklet which talks about some of the music on offer, as well as having photos of actors from the series. If you like the music from the TV series then this is the place to go and if you are after a good country/blue compilation then this is worth considering for that as well.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad things but good songs!, 6 May 2010
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
Firstly, I am NOT a fan of the books that the epically awesome True Blood is based on. So I was extremely dubious about the show when it first came out. But I have to say, that as soon as I heard the first few chords of Jace Everett's brilliant title song, my hopes for this program were immediately raised.

This album is a great collection of music from/inspired by the show, and in my opinion, it is the drawling swamp-rock soundtrack to the show that lends True Blood much of it's appeal. The songs perfectly match the tone of the stories that unfold. From dark and moody to twangy country-chic, the True Blood soundtrack echoes of the bayou and will get you singing along whether you want to or not!

A great accompaniment to the show.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something old, something new, something swampy and something blue..., 25 Aug 2009
G. E. Harrison (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)

I tend to prefer the older songs by Harpo, Lee Dorsey, Alan Toussaint and Dr. John but Lucinda Williams' "Lake Charles" (from her 1998 'Car wheels on a gravel road') is one of the real highlights. I also liked the similar sounding songs by the Watson Twins and Ryan Adams but I thought the Flying Buritto Brothers' "Christine's tune" didn't really fit in and that Cobra Verde's version of the Stones "Play with fire" didn't really work. The real discovery for me was "Swampblood" by Nashville's Legendary Shack Shakers a nice swampy rocker with great distorted harmonica. The rest of the songs are modern, slightly-swampy country songs which are OK and I can imagine fitting in well to the TV series. All in all a pleasant, varied collection of songs with something old, new, swampy and blue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab album, 20 Aug 2009
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
Love love love this album! I bought it because I love the show and enjoy the theme song. Not my usual choice of "genre" of music to listen to but I have not stopped playing this album for weeks because I am enjoying it so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
what a great album, when I play it when visitors are over they always comment on this sound track on how great it is even if they have not watched the series. Has a country vibe to it, so different to what I would usually listen too but I could listen to it over over again. I have brought a copy for my brother in law this xmas as he liked it so much. A good driving CD to listen to.

3.0 out of 5 stars True Blood'y Country, 12 Jan 2010
P. Butterwick (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood (Audio CD)
The title track is the best on the album.
Most of the others are OK if you like a bit of C & W background music, but are not really outstanding or to my personal taste. A couple of my friends though do like them though.
Good job I only got it for the title track!

True Blood
True Blood by Allen Toussaint (Audio CD - 2009)