on 16 December 2010
I have read other peoples reveiws and find them to be misleading as I am a grumpy old man at the best of times but this kettle is the best one on the market. You can boil one cup or fill it to the top and it works just the same. All metal kettles are hot to the touch just after boiling and you can see the water level very easily. I am so pleased with our kettle that I have just purchased one for my father
on 30 October 2010
I bought one of these in April to replace a very old Russell Hobbs kettle.
I went into my kitchen to find a pool of water on the floor. The kettle had leaked from the water gauge panel. It had only had modest use so either I have a rogue kettle or this model is not as robust as I thought
on 16 March 2011
Just prior to this, I purchased a Philips HD4671 kettle that looked like a good quality metal kettle but when you popped the lid and looked inside, it was actually all plastic - the metal was just a coating on the outside. I found that model left a funny taste in the boiled water - sort of TCP'ish - especially if you re-boiled some water that had been previously boiled a while ago. I thought it might be something to do with being plastic and so I ditched that and tried this Morphy Richards 43851. It is all metal on the inside and "hooray" I am no longer getting any hint of TCP. So, yes, I would recommend this kettle - it's easy to fill (through the spout), it boils pretty quickly, it switches itself off and it has a pretty blue light when you switch it on. What more do you want?
on 3 February 2011
A really nice kettle to use. Looks great, boils fast and has none of the plasticky taste that some other kettles produce.

Unfortunately the handle has come away from the body after about a year of normal domestic use. It doesn't look mendable as I think plastic riveting has snapped at the top. It could actually have been quite dangerous if it had gone at the wrong moment full of boiling water.

Still, on balance I might well buy the same kettle again simply because it presses all the right buttons for everyday use. Maybe just needs treating with care and replacing a tad more often than I'd like.
on 14 June 2010
I have had many Electric Kettles. This one has been the Best yet. The feel of Quality and Well made. Very fast to reach Boiling.
Every thing is designed so thoughtfully, even Handicapped as I am it is a pleasure to use.
on 18 July 2010
Nice smart looking kettle which matches my other kitchen appliances - very reasonably priced compared to other similar products. Only 4 stars given as kettle is heavy when filled and could possibly cause a problem for some users. Also the kettle (body) is very hot when boiled and stays hot for a considerable time afterwards - care needs to be taken not to touch it as I have already accidentally done several times, much to my discomfort (my last kettle was always cool to touch, even after boiling). Otherwise seems to be of a good quality and hopefully will last longer than my last one (NOT a Morphy Richards).
on 30 May 2010
On the whole I have been quite satisfied with the kettle although when filled to maximum it can be a little awkward to lift due to the handle shape. Boils quickly and fairly quietly.
on 6 December 2011
Very stylish,and efficient,usual Morphy Richard high standard,would recommended this kettle,and will continue to purchase M. R. goods in the future.
on 17 July 2010
Disappointed with the quality of "stainless steel" casing, marks badly and difficult to remove
Also water level does not show clearly - when filled!
on 22 September 2010
I GOT THIS FOR MY MUM AND DAD, SO FAR IT IS WORKING FINE AND BOTH MY PARENTS ARE HAPPY.