on 25 September 2014
I bought these boots as I work in a very large warehouse which requires me to wear safety boots as a matter of course.

Initially, I have to confess, like all safety boots I have ever worn, they take a bit of bedding in, particularly around the toe-cap area where the crease by your toes can bite a little (This is from the leather however, not the caps themselves). The soles have been comfortable from day one and, after several months of wear, show no sign of becoming less so.

I walk somewhere in the region of about 6-12 miles a day around a big warehouse and regularly have to submit to 'airport-style' security involving metal detectors. These boots have never caused me any issues within this working environment and because of the non-metallic toecaps I don't have to keep taking them on and off for the security checks.

I have taken them off-roading as well, walking up some tough, grass covered slopes and rocky ground. No problems at all as they support in all areas you'd hope they would and stand up to all terrain.

Another thing I'll mention is laces never slip. Like I mentioned, I walk miles and miles every day and I have never had to do them up apart from when I put them on first thing in the morning.

Lastly, I left something in my car and found myself running back to retrieve it (it was raining of course!) and the boots surprised me at how light they were and felt as if I had a pair of trainers on, albeit feeling somewhat more substantial. Unlike the usual boots I have worn in the past they don't clomp noisily on the ground either but again, sound more like trainers. Obviously I won't be wearing them when I go jogging or anything but they did really surprise me at their performance. Nice grip even in the wet too!
on 30 November 2010
These boots are the finest in every way,superb. Also today I went out in the snow and not one slip or slide. Dont worry about these boots they are great and will buy more unless they wear out in less than a year.
on 29 September 2013
I bought these after an ankle reconstruction, my normal work boots my employer supplies are cheap s***.
These magnums in comparison are like wearing trainers. They're lighter, softer with more ankle support.
I only have them 2 weeks so can't comment on durability, but right now, if the last a year I'll be buying another pair.

Gave these boots 5* after 2 weeks, have now reduced this to 3*after 9 months.
I do multi-drop delivery work, so not a lot of walking. These Magnums only lasted 9 months, and the sole is fully wore and the toe has come away on the left boot. Also the 3rd eyelets down on both boots snapped/wore through.
Having said this, very comfortable boots, just like wearing trainers.
on 9 January 2015
I used these working at sea for 10 months. Very comfortable and light. Durable enough for the work I was doing(deck hand). However, the lightness of the boot comes at a price, they are not as durable and long lasting as a heavier boot and started to lose their waterproofing after 6 months of intensive use, working in them 6-7 days per week. The rear of the sole did start to come lose after about 4 months, which I wasn't too impressed with. I patched them up with sikaflex and that kept them going.

They fit my feet perfectly, and I used them whilst working at sea near the equator and in the Antarctic summer.

I'll use them again as they fit my particular feet perfectly. However, due to the lack of durability I feel they should be about £20 cheaper. Try before you buy and if they are not a perfect fit look elsewhere.

If Hi Tech could improve upon the durability of this boot, it would be one of the best on the market.
on 20 August 2014
Had these boots for over a year still as good as when I bought these. Real quality. I wear them mostly when I need to do a lot of walking and its likely to rain and be cold. The carbon fiber toe cap is such a boost and advance from the metal toe cap which triggered of security alarms. The air bearing soles and heals make jumping around in the woods or on the street feel the much the same. The ankle supports are great for running up and down steps keeping your feet firmly in contact with each stair
on 21 January 2014
bought a pair of these 2 years ago after being reccomended. very comfortable from day 1 ,as i wear these abourt 12 hours a day they must be the best i have ever worn, used to be a dm person shame i didn't find these sooner, anyway decided to buy another pair and pleased to say just the same as my first pair - brilliant. carn't recomend highly enouth
on 4 December 2015
These are fantastic boots, there more comfortable then my airmax 90's,, I wear these boots ten hours a day and they really are amazing usually after long periods my feet will sweat and ache in safety boots but not in these, I'm tempted to get another pair.
on 20 December 2012
Comfortable from the start, reasonably light, genuinely waterproof. But after a year of daily use, they're showing wear badly; the uppers and sole are becoming detached in several places. My last pair of Magnums (the Elite II) lasted two years :-(
on 23 December 2015
Comfortable. I live in these when I'm on call as a First Responder. Got admiring looks from ambo crews as being preferable to their standard issue kit.
on 1 August 2015
You put them on, they fit well, they are comfortable for 8+ hour shifts and they protect your feet.