on 11 July 2012
I bought this item to replace a P2 that I have had for a couple of years. I was horriified to see that the construction had been cheapened considerably. The thread and body of the battery cover are now plastic...with a metal cover externally. The battery contacts are now tinned strips of metal instead of the coil gold plated spring. There is now no o-ring sealing the battery cover. I note that the packaging now says 'splash proof' not 'water resistant'.

The new pull focus system feels cheap and doest stay where you set it when you put it in your pocket.

Also hairs and dust are present on the reverse of the lens. Not important but lets you know how much care has gone into it.

In short, a good thing ruined for a few pence.

Rubbish.

Sorry

j
66 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 October 2009
This torch is smaller than 2AA batteries placed on top of each other. Yet the light is pushes out is on par with that of the much bigger Mini Mag light.(Don't get me wrong,I am not maligning the Mini Maglite Torch it is a fantastic product. Its just a little on the large size to carry round comfortably on a night out)

The torch is constructed out of aluminum and is of a very high build quality.It comes complete with a holster which can be affixed to a small belt, a small snap lock carabiner , a pen clip and a small lanyard.Power is supplied by a single AAA battery and to turn the torch on there is a single press button on the rear. In order to focus the beam, the front quarter of the torch is twistable.

Personally I am more than happy with the torch and its wee size allows me to carry a torch on my person when I go out on a weekend without the bulk of a much larger torch filling my pockets up.
When it comes to small torches, this one is a serious competitor, whilst only the length of my index finger, can still produce stunningly bright light with only one AAA battery.

This torch features a removable clip so you can neatly & securely put it into your shirt pocket, an optional wrist strap and a holder which clips onto your trousers via one of the belt loops.

The product as a whole is extremely well built and the battery spring is gold plated which is better in quality as well as a better conductor for electricity.

I was so surprised at how bright this torch is, you wouldn't expect such a little torch to produce such light and it's been EXTREMELY useful at work, I've even had compliments on how good it is!

You can easily switch between spotlight to floodlight by turning the front of the torch around, now whilst there is clearly a difference, I wouldn't say it's a BIG difference, but for my needs this doesn't effect me in anyway.

The tail cap at first annoyed me as you have to push it quite far into a small hole and my finger kept getting caught on the rim, but after a few uses you get the knack for it and you wont think anything of it, but for those with big fingers, they may have a problem.

Overall it's a really convenient and powerful torch which I'm certain anyone who buys will not regret doing so. For those who are unsure due to the price, I can assure that what your paying for will pay for itself, I've bought cheap torches in the past ranging from 1-5 pounds and they don't last long, if this torch is anything like my last LED lenser it will last well over 2 years!

- EDIT: October 2013 -

This torch has been used A LOT since I purchased it back in February 2012, and it still works perfectly.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2012
I bought this product because I already owned the LED Lenser Police Tech version, which is fantastic and is everything it says it is. However I wanted a smaller torch, so decided to buy the P2 as it boasted the same high quality i.e 24 carot gold contacts, aircraft aluminium casing, O ring water seal, Blah Blah Blah! you've read the spec. I have beed completly miss sold this product as it has none of these things. In fact if you view the video clip posted by another cutomer even the twist to focus procedure has changed to some naff! telecopic arrangement which increases the length of the torch and make it extremely flimsy. I can only assume that I have been sold a newer inferior version of the torch without the product decription being changed by Amazon. Don't be like me and ignore Mr J Heffernan review, he was spot on. P.S I'm not a grumpy old man I've never written a review before and I'm like most guys that don't complain, just stew.
on 30 December 2012
This tiny little torch is amazing!

Ok it may be a little on the large side for a keyring (but not too much) and it fits well in a pocket or small bag and offers so much light! With several ways of attaching it, pen clip, keyring, lanyard wrist strap and a belt holster included. I carry mine everywhere now and has come in handy so often. To think so much light comes out of something using a single AAA battery, it impresses anyone who sees it! The circular light beam on the focus is remarkable as is the lighting distance and it is easy to switch from focus to flood while holding in one hand. The on/off button is a solid click button on the rear cap.

I already have a LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch so know how good the LED Lenser's are and recommended the brand to a colleague who immediately bought a P2 before Christmas (working in IT these being great for running cables under desks etc) I was so impressed with it I bought one too. My partner has the LED Lenser 8313 K3 Key Ring which is smaller but fiddly with the batteries and she was so impressed with my P2 she is going to get one as well.

These are well built precision LED torches, dont waste money on cheaper LED torches (as I have done in the past), invest in an LED Lenser. Wish I had bought some more as stocking fillers. You wont be disappointed as it is a definite 5 star product. Highly recommended.
on 29 January 2012
I had ordered and received the excellent Lenser T7 (a fantastic torch) when one of my lads showed me a P2 that his gran had given to him. I was impressed! Nowhere near as bright as the T7 but much better than the (frankly) pathetic key ring torches I have had in the past. It was cheap but well made and rugged: more than sufficient for a whole range of everyday tasks. I still use the T7 when going on walks and things but, for usability, I actually think this is the better of the two torches. The range of the beam is probably 15 metres or so (further than that probably) and it has a focussing system that gives a very clear pool of light. I have it attached to my key ring and it is fine neither too bulky nor getting tatty (after one months use). For £11.50 I think it is excellent value for money.

Quibbles? Just one - the button is inconveniently placed at the bottom of the torch (a common feature of all torches these days) and, due to its diminutive proportions, sometimes fiddly to put on. A minor point though.

I will buy some as gifts - they are something everybody will appreciate.

Update: left mine in a pocket and it went through a wash cycle. "Dammit!" I thought! No problem - worked just fine straight away! Impressed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 May 2014
At first i thought that 16lumens is not much, but the lens make is it like at least 3x that output so its very bright and has a very good battery life of 7hours from 1x AAA battery.
Compared it to my 60lumen ThruNite TiS and the output is very close, the TiS is just a little bit brighter with better flood.
1 AAA battery inside the torch and one extra, belt pouch, pocket clip and a lanyard are included in the clamshell pack.
The focusing works great and in this price range its rather unique to have focus on such a quality torch.
I don't know how waterproof it is, but it certainly is splash proof.
Very good compact size in pocket feels like carrying a small marker pen.
Perfect EDC and outdoors torch for a very reasonable price.
Same as the P3 BM, but the P2 is more compact as it is same wide on both ends, have both but i prefer to carry the P2

The pouch is very good and even a 2 layer Victorinox swiss army knife like the Spartan or Compact fit in nicely.

Wanted to take one star off as both batteries are outdated, full capacity, but its not recommended to use outdated batteries in high drain devices, but i have plenty spare ones so its not a big deal for me.
on 29 May 2011
I owned one of these torches before, but lost it. I activly searched for this new one as a replacement.
It is the best small torch I have had the pleasure to own. Small enough to keep in your pocket at all times, and has the big power which often outpowers much bigger torches. Perfect for emergencies.
I had my last one for two years and still was on my first battery.
I love this torch. I feel naked without it.
on 17 July 2011
This is a well made and good looking little gadget. It's bright enough for most of the tasks that you'd use a small torch for. The zoom focus feature is useful and actually makes a difference. It comes with a lanyard, pocket clip, nylon belt pouch and carabiner, all in an attractive presentation box. Found it on Amazon cheaper than anywhere else.
on 8 April 2014
Been tempted by one of these for a while, and finally added one to my EDC kit to replace an old Maglite Solitaire. This is considerably bigger than the Solitaire, but does throw out much brighter light from the LED bulb. It feels a bit clumsier when attached to a key ring, but that's probably just me getting used to the new item in my kit. Overall, I think this is an excellent little torch and I will probably add a larger one to my work kit. I reduced the rating by one star because the speed focus ring seems a little loose and tilts when extended. It doesn't seem to impact greatly on the spread of light, but detracts somewhat from the overall quality of the torch.
Definitely recommend it for an everyday carry item, or a back up in the car or otherwise.