on 31 March 2012
I bought this tool after reading good reviews, I planned to make window, floor & tile cleaning easier. I was not dissappointed the machine did exactly as it said on the box and I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the poor quality of the spray bottle. After filling the bottle with the concentrate and water and fixing the bottle back unto the cap it just would not lock. A couple of times it felt secure but when used the bottle just dropped off. It is a shame because the machine itself is excellent but the spray bottle is not fit for purpose. A cheap bottle on a quality machine just seems daft. I would have expected something better from Karcher and I hope they redress the problem before other unsuspecting buyers have these issues. I would suggest if you are thinking of buying this machine go for the basic model not the Plus version, it is cheaper and works! I would have sent the package back but felt it wasn't worth the hassle, instead I have bought a professional applicator which was not expensive and have added a quality spray bottle costing a few pounds and the whole setup works fine.
2222 comments|485 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2011
I know this may sound odd, but I bought this window cleaner without the intension to use it to clean windows!
We have a conservatory that has heating and despite having a dehumidifier we have a bad condensation problem in the winter so each day I found myself mopping the windows. This was taking about 20 minutes and never got the windows completely dry.

With the Karcher Window Cleaning vacuum this job takes less than five minutes, just one stroke leaves the glass dry, clean and smear free. I now do not need to have the dehumidifier on for so long each day.

The only down side for me is that the reservoir is not big enough, I have to empty it 3 or 4 times each morning. But it easy to empty and I guess a bigger reservoir would make it larger and heavier, therefore less practical to use.

I am sure I will use the cleaning pad too at some point it to clean the windows, but I have not yet. I expect it to make cleaning the windows a much drier job than it used to be as the water is sucked away before it has chance to run over the window sill or down your arm. Good news for my carpets too, may be I am a messy worker, but they always seemed to get splashed when I cleaned the inside with soapy water.

I would recommend this product, although it is expensive (I think) it saves me a lot of time and makes a dull job easier and even fun!
0Comment|172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2012
The principle of vacuuming residual water off glass is good. However, the design needs some attention. The excess water bottle incorporated in the handle is rather small and requires frequent emptying. The spray bottle and cleaning head [Plus} in particular are not fit for purpose. The spray bottle is a Push fit to the spray head and slips off when in use. It should be a screw fit which would be more secure and would allow the normal movements of the product whe cleaning a window.
Karcher will obviously bring out an improved Mark 2. Untill then Ill carry on as before. The delivery from Amazon co. uk was excellent as usual.
on 31 March 2012
I bought this window vac as I have arthritis and window cleaning used to be a painful chore for me. Not any more! The window vac is BRILLIANT. It is lightweight, quick and easy and the results are fantastic! However, the applicator with its bottle are completely useless - every time I touch the window with it the bottle falls off and I have cleaning fluid all over the floor. It is so frustrating! They need to find a way to fix the bottle on, perhaps making it a screw on? Back to a bucket and my old applicator! It does not matter what you use to put your cleaning fluid on with, the vac works brilliantly, no streaks or smears, even in sunlight. Save your money and just buy the window vac on its own - you will love it!!
11 comment|156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2011
Great finish - no smearing, as long as you plan your movements across the window. You have to move from top to bottom, or side to side, without lifting the machine from the glass. The instructions for cleaning after use read as dificult, but are quite simple and quick to do. Karcher WV50 Cordless Window Cleaning Vacuum
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2011
Delivery excellent and very pleased with the Karcher Cleaning Vacuum. My windows have never looked so clean and I have recommended this Karcher to my friends. Cleaning windows is no longer a chore!
on 16 March 2012
I bought this vac on the recommendation of a friend and very pleased I decided to buy. I am like a lot of people - I don't often bother to read the instructions unless there is a problem - and I didn't need them. It is a straightforward idea and works like a dream. I use the squirty bottle and head about 50% of the time the rest just soapy water and a wrung out cloth. Either method is fine it is the vac that is brilliant and just sucks up any water and leaves the glass shiny. Then a wipe around the window frame with the dry cloth (I am messy with getting water everywhere) and all done. I hate cleaning windows but it made the process much much quicker and bizarrely it was (almost) fun - money well spent.
33 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2011
Ordered this and received in no time at all even with the free delivery so top marks for that!

The product, well it is what you would expect from Karcher and any German manufacturer, solid and has a high quality feel about it, i quickly assembled it and it all looked pretty durable.

I have had a quick go with it on the french doors and it works amazingly well, i used the free sachet of cleaner, now thats run out I am not sure what to use, that said it really did work.

Just squirt, rub and vac up, it is really that simple. Quite brilliant to think no bloody big bucket of water required with sponges and everything else and the finish is great.

A top purchase.
0Comment|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2011
Only wish I had know about this window vac before. has taken all the hard work out of window cleaning and made it a a doddle. Also great on shower doors and glass tables, would not hesitate to recommend
on 8 June 2011
Well bought it for the outside windows - we have lots of them. However it only made it to the shower where it works really well on the tiles. Only drawbacks are the water reservoir is too small so you have to empty it out each time. I suspect the rubber bung used to empty it will be the first part to go. Overall useful but a bit bulky to have around as you need to keep recharging it.