5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest films I've seen in a while..
Published on 15 Dec 2009 by Ms. I. Hoare

3.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic but Decent Enough
As soon as the two leads meet, you know exactly how it's going to end, but that doesn't detract from the path that takes you there. As always, Katherine Heigl is extremely easy on the eye and raunchier in this film than in her other similar rom-coms. For the ladies, there's rough hunk Mike or male model hunk Colin, so take your pick.

Gerard Butler takes a bit...
Published on 30 April 2011 by E. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest films I've seen in a while.., 15 Dec 2009
Ms. I. Hoare (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I went to see this film with a few of my friends at the cinema, and we all agreed it was the best comdey we'd seen in a long time! There are so many funny lines, and Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler are excellent, you wouldn't have thought it, but they really are! The film is very predictable, but then; what film isn't? A lot of comedies/romances are, so it didn't ruin the storyline for me. There are also a few sweet bits towards the end of the movie, so when I wasn't laughing, I was busy watching the sweet, romantic parts. This is, admitedly, a completely positive review, but I think the film deserves that, it may not be right for everyone but I certainly enjoyed it and will be buying it on DVD in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good Rom Com, 15 Mar 2010
Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I found this movie to be both enjoyable and funny. However, there is more depth to it than I had first imagined. The characters at first seem to be shallow but are more complex than you first think, which means this movie is more than your average rom com. The premise of how different men and women really are, is obviously a charicature of both sexes, however, you will find yourself agreeing with much of what is said. I enjoyed this movie and feel that any lovers of rom com will too. I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious...superior rom-com but not for the prudish!!!, 17 May 2010
Jayne Holford (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Me and my husband really loved this film. He HATES rom-coms, I on the other hand love them, so finding something we can enjoy watching together can be tricky. Sure it follows a standard rom-com formula but all rom-coms do, where this was different was that it was hilariously funny, it has romance for the ladies and some good old crude, rude humour for the lads. Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler were perfectly cast as such complete opposites that you couldn't help but want them to end up together. If you don't like crass humour or foul language this is not the film for you but if you enjoy a good laugh, are open minded and know what men are "really like" you WILL enjoy this film. The cast had great chemistry, with the characters starting the film as typical male/female stereotypes and ending it having softened to show that every woman has a bit of man in her and all men do have a softer side.
Enjoy.....we certainly did!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely funny, 15 Aug 2009
Catlover "Val1960" (Braintree, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I saw this film at the cinema and am ordering it in advance. There are so many funny lines in it that I am sure I missed some of them as they were so fast paced... very very funny and Gerard Butler is so much more attractive than the pretty boy in the film. The scary thing is that there is a lot of truth about the ugly truth too!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic but Decent Enough, 30 April 2011
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Gerard Butler takes a bit of getting used to with his almost-American accent and comedic efforts, but once you get past that, it's a pleasant enough film with quite a few laugh-out-loud moments, especially the baseball game Kiss Cam scene.

As for the blu-ray, there's lots of warm colours and the balloon scene is particularly impressive, so again it's nice on the eye. No special sound effects to speak of, mind you.

Definitely a pleasant film to while away an hour and a half of your life without feeling short-changed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Glass of wine, quiet night in movie, 30 Mar 2011
Rachel James (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
It's an honest romcom which is not fantastic but watchable non the less. Get yourself a glass of wine and a girly friend to watch. I would not try and get your boyfriend/husband to view as they will ruin your romcom karma. But at this price it's way cheaper than the cinema and is a an ok view.

3.0 out of 5 stars My husband loved this movie..., 20 Mar 2010
Aria-May (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I wasn't that impressed with this film, I agree with the reviewer who described this as not at all romantic - I kept hoping there would be a bit more depth - Katherine Heigl is such a game heroine, and although the 2 lead characters are clearly hot to trot for each other I didn't really buy the 'No, I've realised I love you' aspect of the film. My husband, on the other hand, snorted and chuckled his way through the movie, and sagely turned to me and said: 'He shouldn't give away all our secrets.' Hmm. I think I'd give this a 2 and a bit stars, and my other half gives it 4 stars - it's horses for courses I'm afraid. You'll either quite like it, or be quite disappointed. Not a very helpful review, huh?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I enjoyed this a lot - even though you know what is going to happen, i thought the story line was interesting and i identified a lot with the female character.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely hilarious, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I thought this film was brilliant gerard butler is incredibly sexy as well lol but he does speak alot of the truth and katherine is brilliant they both had very good on screen chemistry which made this film the most funniest and romantic comedy out there. I give it 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film is one of the funist film i have seen in a long time. I laughed out loud all the way through. And i have found myself very attracted to Gerard Butler after watching this.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010]
The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] by Robert Luketic (DVD - 2010)