on 14 February 2012
The name on the box says it all, MAIL LITE.

This D1 size wieghs in at just 13 grams per envelope. So, they are perfect for sending DVD's overseas if you are trying to keep your postal charges as low as possible. For UK deliveries the weight is not so crucial as the cost of sending ONE DVD with the UK is the same up to 190 grams and most DVD's weight less than that. - However, you can actually get THREE standard DVD boxes in these 'lopes! It is a mighty tight fit with 3 though.

They are easy to write on - best with a felt tip type pen. They peel and seal shut beautifully.

Look at all of the sellers selling these and compare the total prices (item and postage) and you can grab yourself a real bargain - I paid £9.40 in total for a box of 100 - the cheapest, best quality, light weight and strong DVD mailers I have used - Recommended BUY.
This budget bulk pack of padded mailing envelopes provides excellent value for money. The white envelopes provide better contrast and can make handwritten addresses clearer than manilla versions. The peel and seal fastenings are easy to do, though don't always stick down well at the edges. Occasionally, I find envelopes with shiny flaws in the paper outer layer that are resistant to ballpoint pen.

D1 is just the right size for posting DVDs and most paperback novels.
on 16 October 2012
I sell a lot of items on ebay and these are perfect for sending out DVDs and small books. They are also well within the Royal Mail Large Letter guidelines so you know if you can squeeze something in here, it will usually be within the lower postage costs (as long as the height isn't more than 2.5cms). I have had a few comments from customers saying that the item was well packaged, so they are obviously doing their job.

However I can only award them 4 stars, as they have a red pull tab for easy opening, but my concern is that these can easily catch on things while in transit and the envelope can fall open. This has happened to me twice when I have received envelopes in the post and the contents had fallen out! So you have to remember to stick a little bit of selotape over the pull tab on either side. Annoyingly I sent something out today and forgot to do this so fingers crossed it still turns up safely.

But overall for the price and quailty I would definitely buy these again.
on 30 December 2010
These bags are a real bargain I sell quite a lot on amazon and they help in keeping costs down.
on 28 January 2012
I ordered these about 3 days before xmas expecting to receive before the new year. very happy that they arrived on the 23rd dec! the envelopes are good quality and do what they say on the tin. have been using to sell my dvd collection on ebay and am just about to order another 100. thank you!
on 27 October 2012
I ordered these envelopes because I needed some C5 sized quality padded envelopes at a reasonable price. This order fitted the bill. The envelopes are well constructed and robust. 100 envelopes for less that £10 - you can't go wrong.
on 24 August 2011
Not too much to say about envelopes really except that they are of good quality and arrived quickly. Certainly not the rubbish you may expect at this price. Well impressed so will buy some smaller ones for CDs next.
on 12 June 2013
Great Envelopes padded nicely on the inside perfect size for 1 DVD or 3-4 CDs

Protected sticky self sealing tape removes easily when ready to seal up.
on 22 March 2013
I actually bought these as I had previous experience using them at a place work, so these were a good choice for selling my old items on a well known auction website. The Mailite D1 bags are absolutely perfect for packing a single dvd case in to with room to spare. The jiffy bag itself is a thin, single walled envelope with a good strong seal, providing good enough protection through the postal system whilst keeping weight down. If my item rattles inside due to free play I sometimes add a little bit of extra bubble wrap to ensure a snug fit. Be gentle when removing the red strip from the self-seal tab as being too vigorous may result in damaging the envelope beyond use.

At the time of writing this review, the dimensions of the D1 envelope put it under Royal Mail's 'Large Letter' category - It is actually possible to fit two dvd cases inside the D1, just be careful not to exceed 2.5cm total thickness as this will push it over in to the 'Packet' category resulting in higher postage costs.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 December 2014
I am a great user of Mail Lite envelopes of all sizes. They are well made as well as being light. I have tried other brands but always return to these.
This particular size is a perfect fit for a DVD, many paperbacks or similar sized items. I find it a useful size and use a great deal of them. The adhesive on the flap is excellent and I defy anyone to say that it could come unstuck in the post. There is enough protection for a book, cased DVD or the like. If wanting to set anything less robust such as a china ornament then more significant packaging is required.
I personally am not so keen on the white envelopes. I find that they can be slightly see through which isn't ideal. However, the whiteness of the envelope does mean that an address written upon it shows up clearly and precisely with no problems.
I can heartily recommend mail-lite envelopes in all sizes but I shall be sticking to the manilla ones in future.