on 28 December 2009
just bought the camcorder....had my heart set on the Panasonic SD10 or Sony XR105....but this is the only one with no moving parts...SSD hard drive...quick start up...and really small size....absolutely lovely...and 3 hr battery life...
on 24 March 2010
I have had this camcorder for a couple of weeks now and have been very impressed. I bought it mainly based on price and a very good 'which' review (got a best buy).

My first impressions are the image quality is amazing. The menus seem to be easy to use (no need to look at the manual). It is compact and light with an automatic lens cover. On full HD super fine quality it will record over 2 hours of vid. Although on this setting you have to have a steady hand! With the 16GB internal memory no need for any additional cards. I have taken some still photos with it and these are very good. There is noticable shutter lag though.

Still playing with it and dicovering all the many features. But I am very pleased. A great improvement on my old Sony DV tape corder! I would recommend.
on 5 September 2010
Bought this when my old camcorder gave up the ghost (still used cassettes!) The Samsung is neat, light, very easy to use. I loved it from the start and even the quality of the digital photos has been good. I no longer take my digital camera away - just use the Samsung. Don't think I've explored anywhere near it's full range of functions because the main negative I found so far, is that it doesn,t come with a guide book just a disk. Haven't had time to sit in front of my computer yet and work out what else it can do. But absolutely no complaints about the basic functions.
on 7 January 2010
I bought this camcorder last year in march, was going to be a replacement camcorder. Being it has a ssd (Solid state drive), I thought it would be a great camera, but I was wrong. Here are a list of the bad sides of the camcorder.

1) The Video quality is not as good as the previous samsung camcorder (hmx20c)
2) When you combined two videos together in the editing part, the second part of the video would be out of sync.
3) Photo quality not very good.

I went in to a comet store the other day, and saw that they were selling them, and wondered if the faults had be fixed, but they have not. Its a real shame because the technology for camcorders is great today.