5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I bought this calculator for my A levels. It's incredibly useful, especially in C2 and C3, and helped me tremendously. I used it mainly for drawing graphs and checking my answers for differentiation/integration questions. It also allows you to solve equations in seconds saving valuable time in exams.

The only problem is that it has the old style display...
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by kpsolutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe the reviews!
Published 13 months ago by Chestnut worm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)

The only problem is that it has the old style display format, so you don't get exact answers. This is problematic, as it becomes very difficult to enter complicated functions involving fractions and irrational numbers. However, this can be overcome by upgrading the OS. Although this sounds complicated, it's actually very easy and takes a couple of minutes. There are multiple video guides on how to achieve this on Youtube and plenty of tutorials on the internet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Really great calculator. I frequently use it for A Level Maths and Further Maths and it is invaluable to my studies. It has the ability to find inverses of matrices (as well as basic addition/subtraction/multiplication) so is great for exam checking. The graphing function (whilst it can be a little buggy with zooming) is great for checking the shape of a function or even reading off values thanks to the 'trace' command. As well as having a financial mode, conic mode and many more it also allows you to write your own programs which I find very useful and time-saving. For example, I've written programs to find the roots of quadratics/cubics etc. in order to speed up factorising. Would definitely recommend.
One thing to consider is the lack of natural display. Very annoying at some points. Especially when you receive a seemingly random decimal answer which is, in fact, 'Pi / 6' or 'Root 3 / 2'. But I use a cheaper Casio to check answers in those situations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe the reviews!, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
It is not easy to update the operating system on this calculator, contrary to the impression given in other reviews. This is important because, as stated elsewhere, as supplied the FX 9750GII does not give exact results. This means, for example, that if an answer is 1/3, the calculator shows the approximate decimal value 0.3333333333 rather than the fraction. For many exam questions answers need to be expressed as fractions, surds, or multiples of pi, and with this calculator that requires extra calculation, together with a good initial guess at what the value should be. In theory, an operating system upgrade should solve this.
It's true there are a number of youtube videos about upgrading the OS, but all seem to omit some crucial information (or to be in French), and none specifically address the version of the OS which came with our calculator. Neither I nor my partner (an IT professional) were able to get the alternative OS installed, and at one point we came close to breaking the calculator altogether. I don't doubt the accuracy of the reveiws which say otherwise, but for two reasonably technically confident adults, the resources necessary to do this proved elusive, I therefore advise against buying this (as I did) on the expectation that you can easily resolve the exact results problem with an OS upgrade.
In other respects the calculator is fine, it's fast, and draws pretty graphs. So far as I can tell, it doesn't handle calculus, which seemed to be implied by one review, but it will solve simultaneous equations etc.
I'm now going to have to buy another, even more expensive calculator to replace this one, as the time cost of messing around in an exam to work out exact results is just too high, and this was a purchase for an A2 maths student.
If only they could use my fabulous old Texas Instruments voyager... now that's a real calculator! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Difference between an A and a B..., 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Literally. The difference between an A and a B at GCE Maths. (For me anyway)

It's a great handy calculator which I only use for graphs and plotting.
It enables me to check my answers and also helps with transformations as I find visual graphs a lot easier to understand than struggling to imagine them in my head.

Reason it's not 5 stars is because:
1. Complexity of calculator - instruction manual does not cover it in depth enough, maybe I'm just a technology noob
2. Fractions display isn't in Casio's traditional box style. Instead you have what Sharp has - a little symbol at the bottom. Using a Casio all my life and having the traditional boxes, this puts me off a tad bit
3. Does not display exact answers, so decimals only.

Nonetheless, great little calculator and for £50 to get an A at GCE, it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio fx-9750gii, 18 Mar 2010
Neil Bussey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
This calculator is an excellent calculator. It has good graphing options and provides support for all major mathematics syllabuses. The Icon menu system is especially easy to use. The calculator also connects to a PC through a fx-9750 USB data link. The only thing I can fault is that the usb data link does not come with the calculator and I have have some difficulty purchasing this Item, because there seems to be a distribution issue through Casio.Casio FX-9750GII Graphic Calculator

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase!, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
It works great! A little bit tricky to use at first but you soon get the hang of it. Is very useful with IB course I am taking.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how to change the natural display, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Anyone takers? I can't put it into natural display such as square root 3, If i cant change it, it will be so hard for me in exams.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am told by my grandson that it seems to work well, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
It was bought as a present for my grandson and he tells me that it work well.
You cannot get much more out of a teenager!

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by my son's school for A-level maths, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
I was surprised by how expensive this richly featured calculator is and how crude and low-resolution the user interface is - not as advanced as I had expected in this age of multi-core smartphones & HD tablets. However, the restrained keyboard layout is crisp and clear, and it is very powerful for a calculator, with some very helpful visual capabilities, including graphs, fractions and formulae. My son loves it and "played" with it for several hours when it first arrived. My son's school recommends this to those who will study A-level mathematics - and they take maths pretty seriously (it is far beyond the modest calculator I had for mine). Unlike some other reviewers, our calculator came with a decent sized paper manual, rather than a CD - which seems to address the most common gripe with this product.

In general, I like Casio products - they tend to be good value, high quality and long lasting. Although usually not the best looking, most imaginative or highest performing products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for son, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Son is using it on his Maths degree, he has found it really useful. He would recommend it for a levels as well

Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII