5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I bought this calculator for my A levels. It's incredibly useful, especially in C2 and C3, and helped me tremendously. I used it mainly for drawing graphs and checking my answers for differentiation/integration questions. It also allows you to solve equations in seconds saving valuable time in exams.

The only problem is that it has the old style display...
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by kpsolutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe the reviews!
Published 7 months ago by Chestnut worm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)

The only problem is that it has the old style display format, so you don't get exact answers. This is problematic, as it becomes very difficult to enter complicated functions involving fractions and irrational numbers. However, this can be overcome by upgrading the OS. Although this sounds complicated, it's actually very easy and takes a couple of minutes. There are multiple video guides on how to achieve this on Youtube and plenty of tutorials on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio fx-9750gii, 18 Mar 2010
Neil Bussey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
This calculator is an excellent calculator. It has good graphing options and provides support for all major mathematics syllabuses. The Icon menu system is especially easy to use. The calculator also connects to a PC through a fx-9750 USB data link. The only thing I can fault is that the usb data link does not come with the calculator and I have have some difficulty purchasing this Item, because there seems to be a distribution issue through Casio.Casio FX-9750GII Graphic Calculator

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase!, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
It works great! A little bit tricky to use at first but you soon get the hang of it. Is very useful with IB course I am taking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphics calculator, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
This item is very good for all mathematical needs for A-levels and beyond, it is worth the money if your son/daughter is doing maths with mechanics or statistics and especially further maths.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Xmas Choice, 11 Jan 2010
P. S. Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Purchased this as a "guess" gift for my grand daughter who is doing A levels.
I can only say that the guess was spot on as she is highly delighted with her gift.
Deliverery was quick and well to time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe the reviews!, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
It is not easy to update the operating system on this calculator, contrary to the impression given in other reviews. This is important because, as stated elsewhere, as supplied the FX 9750GII does not give exact results. This means, for example, that if an answer is 1/3, the calculator shows the approximate decimal value 0.3333333333 rather than the fraction. For many exam questions answers need to be expressed as fractions, surds, or multiples of pi, and with this calculator that requires extra calculation, together with a good initial guess at what the value should be. In theory, an operating system upgrade should solve this.
It's true there are a number of youtube videos about upgrading the OS, but all seem to omit some crucial information (or to be in French), and none specifically address the version of the OS which came with our calculator. Neither I nor my partner (an IT professional) were able to get the alternative OS installed, and at one point we came close to breaking the calculator altogether. I don't doubt the accuracy of the reveiws which say otherwise, but for two reasonably technically confident adults, the resources necessary to do this proved elusive, I therefore advise against buying this (as I did) on the expectation that you can easily resolve the exact results problem with an OS upgrade.
In other respects the calculator is fine, it's fast, and draws pretty graphs. So far as I can tell, it doesn't handle calculus, which seemed to be implied by one review, but it will solve simultaneous equations etc.
I'm now going to have to buy another, even more expensive calculator to replace this one, as the time cost of messing around in an exam to work out exact results is just too high, and this was a purchase for an A2 maths student.
If only they could use my fabulous old Texas Instruments voyager... now that's a real calculator! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
saved my daughters A level exams - came just in time for her paper in advanced maths. it worked straight out of the box

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to use!, 15 Nov 2010
A. Kemp "Science Minded" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
I bought this to help me with my particle physics degree and its perfect, easy to use, albeit worth reading the instructions on things which you're unsure of where to input certain graph data but apart from that its great!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says......., 28 May 2014
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
I bought this for my daughter who is studying A-level maths and further maths. It's the make and model recommended by her Sixth Form College ( which is currently ranked No 1 in the state school ratings, so I guess you can't get a better recommendation! )

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII (Office Product)
Really great calculator. I frequently use it for A Level Maths and Further Maths and it is invaluable to my studies. It has the ability to find inverses of matrices (as well as basic addition/subtraction/multiplication) so is great for exam checking. The graphing function (whilst it can be a little buggy with zooming) is great for checking the shape of a function or even reading off values thanks to the 'trace' command. As well as having a financial mode, conic mode and many more it also allows you to write your own programs which I find very useful and time-saving. For example, I've written programs to find the roots of quadratics/cubics etc. in order to speed up factorising. Would definitely recommend.
One thing to consider is the lack of natural display. Very annoying at some points. Especially when you receive a seemingly random decimal answer which is, in fact, 'Pi / 6' or 'Root 3 / 2'. But I use a cheaper Casio to check answers in those situations.

Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII