4.0 out of 5 stars My own experience - I'm 16 Years old.
If your like me and want an upgrade from EARPHONES, this may involve you! :)

Published on 8 July 2010 by Trevo.L

1.0 out of 5 stars incredibly cheap
Published 16 months ago by Dexmier

4.0 out of 5 stars My own experience - I'm 16 Years old., 8 July 2010
This review is from: Skullcandy Lowriders Headphones - Black & Chrome (Electronics)
If your like me and want an upgrade from EARPHONES, this may involve you! :)

I love music, listen to it for hours each day. After the standard earphones for the apple Ipod started to break and become uncomfortable, I wanted to upgrade. I have a Ipod nano and an IPhone which I use almost 24/7, especially the Iphone for the calls, texts and internet use. After breaking my 3rd or 4th set of Apple standard earphones I then upgraded to expensive Panasonic earphones. Again I began to break them after constant usage and again after the 4th or 5th set I wanted something reliable with great sound. I then began to look into headphones but most prices were putting me off! I then found the Skullcandy brand which for me was well know. This particular item for the 'Lowriders' caught my attention. Cheaper than nearly all headphones I had seen, look great and of a well known Skullcandy origin. I bought them off Amazon and they arrived 3 days after purchase.

Initial impressions were poor :/. They felt 'plasticy', cheap and didn't quite look how I expected them to be on my head. They also seemed to not quite fit right. I was quite disappointed with the appearance and feel of the headphones.

BUT. After some use they grew on me! Where it most matters for sound quality they did their job fine with a noticeable added base and treble effect!

I use them around the house, listening to music just before I go to sleep in bed, going out with friends and listening to music out loud with the Headphones around the neck. Music is surprisingly pure whilst you have them around the neck but the volume limit could be better.

I also found another FANTASTIC use for them. I pluged the headphones into my Samsung TV with the Xbox on. I was BLOWN AWAY with the AMAZING sound quality it produced! I played Forza 3 with a steering wheel setup and you can hear cars coming up behind you, enviroment sounds boosted and the car engine sounds immense! It has a real SIMULATOR SURROUND-SOUND effect. Its BRILLIANT! :D I have also tryed it with the new Call of Duty Game and it has the same effect! You can hear players getting closer out of view, gun shots are loud and 'basey' and it really does the job FANTASTICALLY!!!

Overall the headphones are of fantastic sound quality for the price! I would recommend them for anyone my age looking at the same price range around []. However, if you are willing to spend extra I would strongly recommend looking at Sony or bigger branded names for the added quality overall. I hope this helped! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars incredibly cheap, 30 April 2013
bought this one to replace my previous skullcandy headphones, nothing to compare with, cheap plastic, bad sound, actually it broke after less than 3 weeks pretty disappointed. if you open your package and you feel like it's too rough to fold just put it back into it's package and send it back right away it will break quickly. i'm going to get the exact same one i ordered previoulsy and lasted for 2 years instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but not the most comfortable, 23 Aug 2010
Having used these headphones regularly since March 2010, I must say that they are very impressive. They've brought my Sony NW-A608 mp3 player back to life.

They have clearly been constructed with a view to maximising sound quality, and being of the closed type keep out a lot of external noise. In particular the stereo spacing, treble and midrange are excellent, while the bass lacks a tiny bit of punch so the bass boost function is often needed.

They lack a little in terms of comfort - there are two cushions on the headband which means that the weight is focussed on two points on your head. It's ok for up to 45 minutes or so then I find that I need a break.

The look might not be to everyone's taste but these are some damned good 'phones!

PS they are a real bargain at this price (17.99 on 23 August 2010)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is clearly a cheap copy, 26 Aug 2013
Anders Johansen (Frederiksberg, Denmark) - See all my reviews
Get the real thing! This is a cheap copy and it doesn't have the comfort or the functionality of the real thing. It doesn't fold with the ease of the real thing and doesn't fit as comfortably on your head.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this review, 21 May 2010
Fast delivery, authentic packaging, great product. yeah i spose they look more impressive in the picture.. and yeah, they aren't the sturdiest things in the world, and they aren't as loud as i expected, and they're quite awkward to put away/wrap up, but they do the job. and do it pretty well. For more volume and bass i highly recommend the Inkd in-ear headphones from Skullcandy. a friend has these and they're better. (quality,volume,bass) - Who'da thought?

they dont leak too much sound like some other reviews say,
but they also don't cancel noise very well eaither. you can still just about hear yourself talk on full volume.

pros;
Look pretty cool
Sound above average
fit well
well worth the money

cons;
a touch uncomfortable after about an hour
not very loud
awkward to pack away
sometimes feel like they're going to break when you handle them

I don't regret buying them :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy Lowriders, 15 July 2010
Mr. Darren Mercer (Salford, Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
The headphones were purchased for my fourteen year old son. He wanted a trend item like kids his age (all his mates had them so....) I did suggest to him to get a more commonly named brand, the usual big, named brands Sony/Philips etc, but no, he wanted these Skullcandy's, whom to be honest I'd never heard off!
I recieved the headphones, with the usual perfect customer satisaftion from Amazon, and he tried them immediately, using his ipod and his Nokia phone. I do have to admit when I listened to them myself, the sound was perfect crystal clear. The build quality was above average and they do seem quite sturdy, but very lightweight. They have now been thrown around the house, dropped on the floor etc (as 14yr olds do) for over a month, and are still in perfect looking and sounding condition. So I would have to recommend these as a good purhase - early days yet I suppose, but so far, so good. For me (over 40) no, I'll stick with my big, heavy, full size, sponge ear, 1980's style. For a teenage kid - In his words - Yes 10/10

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, do not buy if you want genuine lowriders!, 19 April 2013
I purchased these as a replacement for my previous (ostensibly identical) pair of lowriders which had developed a wiring fault, but straight out of the box it was clear by comparing the two that these were not the genuine article. Substandard materials make for a flimsy headband and very stiff hinges, the logo on the band itself was obviously not a genuine Skullcandy article of indica and in use the sound quality was appalling. The comparative price is appealing but I would strongly recommend paying a little more for a genuine set of Lowriders. I am back to using the faulty pair for now and were they not plagued by needing to hold the wire just so now I would continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounds, Hardwearing, Good Looking..., 4 Dec 2010
Matthew Wilson (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
I've had these for 5 months now and have not been disappointed; they have served me very well when listening to music and audio books while commuting to work and walking my dog, as well as being superb for computer gaming. Furthermore they are showing literally no signs of fatigue or wear after about 20 hours per week average use over 5 months.

The sound quality and range of sounds is excellent!!! Sometimes I wish that the volume of music was a little louder, but that's only when I'm on a busy and noisy train and I'm trying to listen to classical music; 99% of the time this isn't a problem when listening to almost any other form of music (they do rock music especially well) + compared to other headphones I own, these are miles ahead both in terms of clarity and volume.

As for the sound quality, I've found it to be great; they produce base sounds very well, as well as the more subtle tones that until having these headphones, I honestly didn't even know some of my most listened to songs possessed. Recently a friend of mine borrowed my pair of Skull Candy headphones whom does music studio work, and apart from faulting the cable as slightly short (which is however more that sufficient for I-pod listening) said he was very impressed with sound quality.

In every way I have been immensely impressed with these headphones, especially having never even heard of Skull Candy before and ordering these bases exclusively on customer reviews from Amazon. I would highly recommend them to any music lover and any computer gamer; I would also recommend these Skull Candy headphones to any one looking for high quality ear phones that go the distance and look very stylish simultaneously, how often in life do you find something that has both form and function polished to perfection for a very reasonable price!?!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought they would be., 6 Nov 2010
I was thinking with a very well known brand such as 'Skull candy' that the bass quality was going to be very good compared to the 'cheap' earphones I use when in actual fact they are just average, I do appreciate they are obviously not the best skull candies you can buy but I want more.
And they don't rest on my head perfectly, if I tilt they fall off.

5.0 out of 5 stars best headphones... enough said, 10 Sep 2010
Previously owned the black and gold version of these (also bought from Amazon), only reason I had to replace them (after a couple of years) was the accidental strain I was putting on the wire by wrapping it round the headphones when they were folded up, which resulted in the loss of sound. Other than that, this product is excellent for sound quality and comfort, and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a good set of headphones