Size: Medium|Change

on 28 July 2011
Initially I bought a Small version of this harness for our Swedish Vallhund puppy aged 12 weeks. The Small size turned out to be too big at the moment, so I bought an Extra Small too.

Both harnesses are very well made and appear to be well thought out. I have not had the chance to try the harness out in the car but have tried it on our puppy to get the adjustment right.

With the Extra Small size it is immediately obvious that the part going round the dog's neck is very small and it will only be a matter of a week or two before the puppy's head will be too big to go through although the chest part will be generous for some months. There is no adjustment to the harness where it goes round the neck.

A Swedish Vallhund in size is similar to a large Corgi but on longer legs but the head is fairly narrow, so it is a surprise and disappointment that the harness is not adjustable around the neck.

We will however carry on with these harnesses and see how things work out.

My purchases were made through Mr Pets who have been very quick indeed in sending out the items and I would certainly not hesitate to buy from them again.

Added 15 August 2011: Our puppy is now 15 weeks old. The Extra Small harness is now too small in collar size and is very difficult to remove although the chest size has quite a bit of adjustment left to go. The Small size harness is still far too large to use. We are now left unable to use a safety harness in the car. This of course applies to our dog only and your experience may be different.

Added 16 September 2011: Our puppy is now nearly fully grown and the two Clix harnesses have been discarded. We bought an Ancol harness which is in constant use as it is far better designed and far more adaptable. Trial and error can be rather expensive!
We would recommend that others should take a serious look at the Ancol harness before making a decision.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2011
I recommend this product because it fits directly into the car seat belt connection allowing some room for the dog to sit or lie down but does not allow the dog to slowly move forward bit by bit as other dog harnesses do when they are attached to the strap of the seat belt. The benefit of this, is during an accident the dog will not be thrown as far as with harnesses which clip onto the seat belt strap and of course if they slowly keep moving forward allowing the seat belt to move forward then there is not much point in the dog wearing the harnesss as it will not protect. Only by a harness which clicks directly into the seat belt connection.
Also, this prodect has a thick and wide strap at the front so does not dig into the dog during an accident, and the material is of the same quality as a seat belt strap for you and I, so will not snap.
Also, you can click the lead directly onto the harness when you want to let the dog out for a pee or a quick walk, so you don't have to take the dog in and out of the harness.
Keep your dog safe.
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2012
Please, please please buy one of these. I don't normally write reviews for products that I buy but I am certain this car harness saved my dog's life today. We were involved in a nasty car accident today and thanks to this seat belt harness our dog remained unharmed in the back seat. The police woman agreed that our lovely dog would have definitely died without it and he probably would have killed one or both of us from the crushing effect on the back of our seat(s). For less than £20 it is the best money that I've ever spent.
on 19 June 2015
Really happy with this product. Great sizing, medium for our 10kg Cavapoo fitted really well. Enough room to allow comfortable positioning sat or lay down, with the confidence should anything occur it would hold very securely.
review image review image
on 29 May 2011
This is a Brilliant Product ,I own a 2 year Whippet who was nearly always sick when travelling with me in the car.Since buying the harness this is no longer the case . Wearing the harness means he is now secure in the back seat of my car ,he is able to sit ,stand or lie down comfortably but no longer has to "fight" against the movement of the car .I also think the dog himself feels more secure wearing it and therefore more at ease while travelling.The harness is well made from quality material, easy to use - it has its own seat belt buckle that slots directly into the car's seat belt holder,and comfortable for the dog to wear .I bought the medium sized harness for my Whippet ,but he is on the higher limits of size for his breed so would recommend other whippet owners buy the smaller size,or measure the dogs chest to ensure you get the right size .I highly recommend this product.
on 9 October 2010
I have a Yorkie cross Jack Russell and bought the small. Not only can the harness be clipped directly into the seat belt fixings in any car, it is also used when walking. It stops the dog pulling and as it is a harness, the dog doesn't choke Unlike othe harnesses I have bought, you have all you need in the box. You do not need to purchase a separate piece to clip into the seat belt.Roger Mugford, a well known vet, designed it so that the seat belt can either feed through the harness or clip directly into the seat belt socket. Every dog owner should have one.
on 13 January 2014
I have a small dog a Cavachon( King Charles Cavalier crossed with a Brichon Friese) to begin with the small size was great - just a little snug to get over her head. She is now 8 months old and I was almost pulling her ears off trying to put on / take off this harness. Idea is good So I ordered a medium one for her . Alas it is absolutely HUGE had to return it . The difference in the sizing is a lot ?
on 28 December 2010
this is a great harness i bought two of them for my poms who are both very small i bought extra small and they are perfect great to clip into seatbelt of car also easy to clip lead onto, great value speedy delivery and great value
on 4 September 2012
I researched these harnesses carefully in advance and thought this looked to be the best. It's turned out to be an excellent buy. My black labrador puppy could travel in the car safely from about 8 weeks old in the small size. The end of the harness just clips into the seat belt holder. He is superb in the car as he doesn't shift about so just goes to sleep! The harness is adjustable and I've been able to use the same size up until now - the puppy is 5.5 months. I have just bought the bigger size. Great as a harness for walking too.
on 4 May 2011
Excellent product. Our springer spaniel sized mongrel loves it. She is more settled in the car wearing it. It fits her well and is peace of mind for us. The attachment fits well into our Renault Clio too. Can't recommend it highly enough!!