5.0 out of 5 stars Enigmatic! Enchanting! Explosive!
A fantastic new one from Mr.Veloso!
I completely disagree with the previous reviewer.
Published on 14 April 2010 by Axelburger

1.0 out of 5 stars What was he thinking?
This could have been a great Veloso album, but has been completely ruined. The wailing, discordant electric guitars and the clanging, jarring percussion completely dominate, while Veloso's beautiful voice loses the battle to make itself heard.

The juvenile musicianship and terrible production make this an album to definitely miss!
Published on 31 May 2009 by Daniel Manuel

5.0 out of 5 stars Enigmatic! Enchanting! Explosive!, 14 April 2010
This review is from: Zii e Zie (Audio CD)
A fantastic new one from Mr.Veloso!
I completely disagree with the previous reviewer.
I heard one track off this ('Perdeu'), full of feedback and clanky sustained guitar noise, thought "wow!"and immediately ordered the cd. There's plenty of discordance on this collection of songs, but it's always seamlessly interwoven around the most beautiful and unforgettable melody lines. The production is sparse, crisp and clear... with occasional spacey dub-like delay applied in just the right places.

I've heard some journalists calling this Caetano's "Radiohead-meets-Bossanova" album, but that's more than a little condescending if you ask me. For his entire career he's been dancing on the line between experimental, traditional, and pop, managing to fuse crazed discordant avant sounds with more "normal" music. And that's a career that stretches back to when Radiohead were experimenting with their nappies.

This is the most satisfying new Caetano Veloso album in ages, it's raw, exciting, sweet, melancholic and up there with his finest moments. Wow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Zii e Zie (Audio CD)
I am typing this comment one day after I went to see Caetano performing live at the Barbican and decided to see if I could get a CD with the songs I listen to live. I must confess that, is spite of being a fan of Caetano I had no idea of the songs he'd perform in the concert. To my surprise I heard amazing songs that I hadn't heard before. His voice was superb, the melodies amazing and all the songs performed took me by surprise. I left the concert in awe of so much energy and creativity and am ordering the CD nooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars What was he thinking?, 31 May 2009

Zii e Zie
Zii e Zie by Caetano Veloso (Audio CD - 2009)