on 21 March 2010
Been looking for something like this for years. Produces no ground noise - clean strong signal from my iMac to the mixer. What a bargain!
on 8 September 2010
As usual Behringer quality and sensible pricing comes to the surface. Their amps, mixers, and speakers are superb value and outstanding quality having owned a big Behringer Pa for a while and this is no exception. Works great on any lap top and does what it says on the tin. Useful software bundle that comes with it too.
on 22 February 2014
Like almost all of these things (unless you pay a lot), this only has a 3.5 mm audio connection. So for big hifi headphones that have a 6.35 mm / 1/4 inch jack you'll need an adaptor of some kind.

DON'T use the 3.5 mm audio connector with a 3.5 to 6.35 mm adaptor. They don't work well because a lot of mechanical stress is put on the connections, and you'll find unless you are more careful than me, the sound will start dropping out.

Instead, use a male RCA to female 6.35 mm adaptor, which is much more mechanically sound. For some reason it took me a while to figure that out. Here's one:

on 21 March 2014
I bought this product to provide a connection between my hifi system and a basic netbook. I connected the UCA222 to one of the line level record outputs on my hifi amp.which enabled me to record from any of the analogue sources attached to the amp - record deck, cassette deck or FM tuner. Initial results with the record deck were very promising, with the recorded sound, to my ears, sounding to be a fairly good reproduction of the vinyl source. However, after some editing sessions with the free Audacity software, it soon became apparent that the input was clipping, or limiting on some of the loud passages on the piano works I was recording. The Audacity software shows an input level control slider, which apparently was available (ie not greyed out), but this had no effect in reducing the level of the input. In the end, I made a simple passive level control which works very well - commercial items are on the market but they seem to cost almost as much as the UCA222.

I bought the UCA222 because it was priced similarly to the UCA202 - in fact they seem to be identical in specification but with the UCA222 offering extra software to download from the Behringer site (there doesn't seem to be any software packaged on CD with the device). However the extra software on offer seems to be a music editing suite which was of no value to me anyway.

Overall I think this is a good product for the price. It's big drawback is the need for an external level control if you want to avoid the audible effects of clipping, and for that reason I've given it 4 stars rather than 5.
on 4 March 2012
This USB audio interface was bought for use with a windows7 laptop because the onboard audio is not good for quality recording and playback. The item arrived quickly and in good condition and when I plugged it in it installed in a few seconds. However windows picked the device up as a microphone and this made the audio input ultra sensitive and noisy. I had to set the recording volume down to about 2 (out of 100) for recording a line input from my electric piano. To rectify this I downloaded some new drivers from the Berhinger website and it worked fine afterwards with more suitable levels for recording a line input.

The enclosed software is useful but Audacity is available as a free download anyway from sourceforge and I have been using this for sometime previously. The EnergyXT sequencer/audio workstation is worth using and I downloaded the latest version from their website and obtained a keycode for the compact version. It installed and worked fine on win7 and winXP. Its not up to the same complexity as cubase or logic but it is fine for basic MIDI and audio recording. The VST plugins also contain some useful instruments and effects. In energyXT just add a path in the setup menu to point at the folder where the VST plugins are and they show up in the program to be used as instruments or effects.

Considering the price you get a lot of stuff with this interface and it has a really low latency as well which means there is virtually no audio delay when sequencing MIDI using VST plugin instruments. Very good all round. 5/5
on 26 April 2016
I bought one of these to test as an audio output for use with virtual instruments running on my computer in a live situation. I expected to need a more expensive solution, but this was so cheap I thought I'd try it first in case it was good enough. And it is. Sound quality is perfectly fine (comparable with the output of a CD player for example) and using Windows 7 64-bit and the Behringer USB audio ASIO driver version 2.8.40 I can get output latency down below 8ms, which is very good indeed and totally unnoticable while playing.

But there is a drawback.

Unfortunately Behringer stopped updating the ASIO drivers for this product after Win 7 64 bit, and now if you look on their website for the driver download you get redirected to ASIO4ALL, a generic driver rather than one written specifically for this product. It still works, but performance is not as good. You would have to use ASIO4ALL with Windows 8 or 10, but on earlier versions of Windows you're much better off searching online for the Behringer USB audio ASIO driver and using that instead - it's hosted on several sites.

For me, it works great - from my personal experience it deserves 5 stars. But on a Win10 computer, not so much.
on 29 October 2011
Does what it says on the tin. With windows 7 make sure you download the drivers from the behringer website. I was very disappointed with the noise till after update native windows treats this as a microphone and there is terrible amp hiss). The software provided didn't load either but audacity is free in any case a version for windows 7 beta) can be downloaded and seems to work well.
on 16 November 2013
One of the best cheap interfaces for your audio recordings on your computer or laptop. Behringer keeps producing very good material in affordable price. I use Behringer products all the time and I do professional performances and never ever had any problem. Is one of my trustful companies. Behringer keeps the quality all the time in a budget for everybody! I Love it!
on 9 February 2014
Just right for a naive explorer like myself: allows me to record my bass guitar and, more importantly, to explore and learn about my DAW software. Only drawback is it's limited to recording at up to 16-bit (CD quality), which I won't complain about given the price. Curious to see how long will it take me to feel the need to upgrade.
on 19 February 2014
Cheap and cheerful, but does the job well. The "massive software bundle" only seems to consist of downloadable drivers & a link to
Audacity; both are easy to install. Limited headroom (max level +2dB), so using Line Out on some CD decks might cause clipping.