on 20 July 2012
I bought this primarily for handling wetter bread dough (using methods from Dan Lepard and Andrew Whitley) - so that my hands don't get so sticky and so that I can scrape up any dough from the work surface and bowl to make washing up easier. These are quite cheap and look very basic - a blade of smooth, semi-rigid plastic, a bit like the kind of thing some plastic crockery is made from - so I didn't have very high expectations.

However they've proven to be very useful, both for the reasons I bought them, and also for:
1) slicing bread and scone dough, pastry etc - they're quite thin and therefore cut well, but being plastic don't mark my wooden surfaces
2) scraping cake batter from mixing bowls - although these aren't flexible like traditional spatulas or the newer silicone ones, they aren't completely rigid, and they are quite thin and rounded - I tried one out after finding spatulas so hard to get clean where the handle fits to the spatula, not expecting it to work very well, but it got the bowl completely clean. Being all one piece and flat they're very easy to clean and store and I would definitely buy more if I needed them.
on 3 May 2012
I recently started baking my own bread and, after buying and reading the river cottage handbook no.3 Bread, thought I ought to order one of these. For such an innocuous looking bit of plastic I can honestly say I would not be without it. No more strugling to get sticky dough out of bowls or looking for some implement to portion out my dough into breadrolls! It's cheap and it does it's job well.
on 30 September 2011
I looked everywhere for one of these, to no avail! I searched on amazon, found it, and ordered it! It arrived 2 days later . Fantastic! I originally saw it being used by a fab lady making bread. She is crazy about bread and openly admits that she takes it every where. I now see why because you can't get them anywhere! Thanks to amazing amazon, they delivered, and now I can enjoy many hours mixing bread, cutting up the dough and scraping the bowl with it. Simple but so effective !
I use this for turning soft dough when making bread, its far easier than trying to turn the over with hands especially when you starting the first `kneed` when the dough is a bit sticky.
on 17 April 2012
I make a lot of bread and was struggling to clear the mixing bowl, with standard spatulas and/or hands, of very wet doughs such as Focaccia. The scrapers are perfect for the purpose I bought them, bend around the contours of the bowl, 'cut' dough well, wash easily and are very strong. No complaints at all.
on 27 July 2011
I bought this scraper as a side for my rubber spatula...I love it. It cleans bowls down to a haze lol Almost nothing left in your bowl after using this little guy. So well worth the price.
on 4 March 2014
The item I recieved was blue and under 3" corner to corner, not 4.5" x 3" i.e. about a quarter of the advertised size & useless for what I wanted this for. My first ever bad purchase on Amazon. Thankfully I got a refund.
on 20 December 2015
I use this every time I bake. You may think that a bowl scraper is just something that you can buy any old how, but I can tell you, as a regular baker, to be careful because a lot of them are not quite right, whereas this one is perfect. The secret is the infinitely variable curve on one side, and the added feature of a straight edge on one of the other sides. This combination means you can scrape a worktop and also, importantly, scrape ANY bowl, irrespective of its size or shape. So many bowl scrapers have a curved edge that is regular, and can only therefore touch the side of a bowl in one place unless you happen to get a perfect match, which is unlikely. This is simple physics but so many bowl scraper makers get it wrong. This one is different. Simply rotate the scraper until the angle matches the bowl and scrape away! It's simply perfect.
on 21 August 2013
I bought this to help work with bread dough. When the product arrived it was dirty and full of scratches. I wouldnt allow this anywhere nea food and went in the bin on arrival.
on 2 May 2012
This is a brilliant little tool. It's easy to use, not too flexible and makes bread-making so much easier, I only wish I'd had one years ago! Who would have thought such a simple scraper could be so effective.

See one answered question