5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective for handling dough and batter
Published on 20 July 2012 by Vanessa

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!!
Published 12 months ago by H

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective for handling dough and batter, 20 July 2012
Vanessa (South-West, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3" (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this primarily for handling wetter bread dough (using methods from Dan Lepard and Andrew Whitley) - so that my hands don't get so sticky and so that I can scrape up any dough from the work surface and bowl to make washing up easier. These are quite cheap and look very basic - a blade of smooth, semi-rigid plastic, a bit like the kind of thing some plastic crockery is made from - so I didn't have very high expectations.

However they've proven to be very useful, both for the reasons I bought them, and also for:
1) slicing bread and scone dough, pastry etc - they're quite thin and therefore cut well, but being plastic don't mark my wooden surfaces
2) scraping cake batter from mixing bowls - although these aren't flexible like traditional spatulas or the newer silicone ones, they aren't completely rigid, and they are quite thin and rounded - I tried one out after finding spatulas so hard to get clean where the handle fits to the spatula, not expecting it to work very well, but it got the bowl completely clean. Being all one piece and flat they're very easy to clean and store and I would definitely buy more if I needed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 30 Sep 2011
I looked everywhere for one of these, to no avail! I searched on amazon, found it, and ordered it! It arrived 2 days later . Fantastic! I originally saw it being used by a fab lady making bread. She is crazy about bread and openly admits that she takes it every where. I now see why because you can't get them anywhere! Thanks to amazing amazon, they delivered, and now I can enjoy many hours mixing bread, cutting up the dough and scraping the bowl with it. Simple but so effective !

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little tool, 1 Oct 2011
rossyb "r.breslin" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I use this for turning soft dough when making bread, its far easier than trying to turn the over with hands especially when you starting the first `kneed` when the dough is a bit sticky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable piece of kit, 3 May 2012
I recently started baking my own bread and, after buying and reading the river cottage handbook no.3 Bread, thought I ought to order one of these. For such an innocuous looking bit of plastic I can honestly say I would not be without it. No more strugling to get sticky dough out of bowls or looking for some implement to portion out my dough into breadrolls! It's cheap and it does it's job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home or prof. kitchen, 27 July 2011
I bought this scraper as a side for my rubber spatula...I love it. It cleans bowls down to a haze lol Almost nothing left in your bowl after using this little guy. So well worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!!, 10 Aug 2013
Do not order this item. It is not as advertised. I received the item on time but what i received was a stiff piece of red plastic no bigger than a credit card. I contacted the seller and they told me to return it for replacement (probably thinking i wouldn't bother!). Instead, they refunded me. Looking at the other recent reviews, i don't believe they have any of the advertised in stock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Scraper Blade, 4 Jan 2013
This is excellent when making bread or scones as it can be used to divide the dough and lift and shape the scone mixture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 2 May 2012
This is a brilliant little tool. It's easy to use, not too flexible and makes bread-making so much easier, I only wish I'd had one years ago! Who would have thought such a simple scraper could be so effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin........, 17 April 2012
I make a lot of bread and was struggling to clear the mixing bowl, with standard spatulas and/or hands, of very wet doughs such as Focaccia. The scrapers are perfect for the purpose I bought them, bend around the contours of the bowl, 'cut' dough well, wash easily and are very strong. No complaints at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scraper, 7 Aug 2013
I thought I had ordered a simple plastic dough cutter for breadmaking.
I cant think of any use whatsoever for this little piece of red plastic that arrived weeks late and went straight into my dustbin.
It us 2" by 3" and not shaped as shown.