VINE VOICEon 30 April 2010
This coffee maker is the perfect size for one large cup, but even better because it is not made of glass is perfect for taking into work, on holiday, for days out, and to BBQs. It's small and light - so perfectly portable, but virtually indestructible but makes a top class cup of coffee. Worth every penny.
on 29 January 2013
Bought this as we kept carelessly breaking glass ones. We thought: Plastic! Great, unbreakable! Worked fine initially but after a month or so the plastic parts of the plunger started to crack and degrade, so the plunger fell apart despite screwing back together several times.
We replaced the plunger with a plunger from a (broken) glass cafetiere - problem solved! But again, after a while the plastic beaker itself started to crack at the bottom, so now it leaks badly and is unuseable. Gone back to gingerly using glass ones.
Great idea, but let down by quality of plastic. Avoid.
on 17 July 2012
I have owned a Boden polycarbonate cafetiere for 5 years and it is still going strong, but needed a spare and couldn't get to the shop. Understood from the Amazon reviews on this make that there might be some issues with the plunger (there were) but I was happy to work round this and it was reasonably priced. However, the polycarbonate beaker just cracked on the third use - no dropping, nothing to indicate why (except boiling water). Not exactly what I would call value for money. I will be going back to Boden and pay the extra for something more robust (the Boden plungers are also better although not perfect - why should a travel plunger be less good than a regular one I wonder; after all the only difference I am interested in is the non-breakable beaker!
on 19 August 2010
I bought the plastic cafetiere to go camping with as a more robust alternative to a glass one. So far it has been on a few trips and has served us well.

It makes good coffee exactly as it should; however due to the consruction of the plunger/ filter assembly, which you cannot take apart (like a glass cafetiere), you are left with lots of grinds trapped in awkward places.

I marked it down for the lack of being able to take it apart and clean it properly as I'm sure I will want to dispose of it long before its useful life is over.
on 26 July 2010
Does exactly as it says, 8 cups is properly cups, but gives you 4 good mugs, and is very durable. Thanks!
on 19 April 2014
Arrived on time and all looked good .When brewed /used ,the internal filter/seal lets too many coffee grouts into the cups.
The seal is too small and the diameter needs to be increased so that it touches the sides more firmly.
on 4 October 2010
Very pleased. Had trouble with original plunger, but this was very quickly resolved with prompt e.mail response and further different plungers sent. Thank you would deal with company again.
on 7 September 2011
Good for being unbreakable but care has to be taken when depressing the plunger or coffee grounds will easily leak past the plunger seal and get into the coffee when poured.The best technique is to stir the coffee well and allow to settle to the bottom before depressing the plunger very slowly.
on 12 May 2012
We have been looking for a plastic (polycarbonate) cafetieres for several years, so it is safer to pack than a glass one. This one is perfect. It ensures we have a decent cup of coffee no matter where we are staying in the world.
on 6 August 2013
The plunger has a plastic rim - presumably a metal one would scratch the plastic. Unfortunately, even if you plunge carefully it pops up and grounds flood into your coffee. On the plus side I bought it to be unbreakable and it survived a ten days of camping with frequent use. At the end of the day, you can always let the grounds settle. 8 cups is, of course, 3 camping mugs.