4.0 out of 5 stars A decent upgrade for your iPod
I'm a bit of a fan of in-ear headphones like this - I have numerous pairs, ranging in price from Sony's first ever IEM at 30 all the way up to Shure's 250 E500s. I'd never heard of Radiopaq, but the idea of an earphone tuned for rock was interesting, so I gave them a go.

Published on 21 July 2009 by S. P. Long

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, very weak bass
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by D. S. R. Paz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, very weak bass, 20 Dec 2009
D. S. R. Paz (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
I've read the reviews and the whole hype I must say I was let down, these are good headphones in the sense of clarity and quality of sound, they're good but what I can't understand is that the main feature these are advertised with is totally missing, THE BASS, completely weak, I thought it was a matter of changing the rubber size but no, even with the biggest one I still don't get the bass I was expecting, I've tried cheaper ones with better bass response than these, I find myself having to equalise my iPod to Bass booster in order to get a decent bass response. It's too bad as I do like these, the cable is cool and I actually like them, the sound does get better with time, I mean the more you use it the better, but the bass does not improve with it, I'll have to buy something else now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent upgrade for your iPod, 21 July 2009
S. P. Long "Simon Long" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

First impressions - the packaging, while sturdy, is a nightmare to get into, and the lack of any instructions for the phones is a bit of a flaw. Also, at this price point, I'd expect a carry case for when you aren't using the phones, and none is provided. That said, they seem well enough built, and they are supplied with three sizes of earpad.

I plugged them into my iPod with the default medium size earpads (which seemed to fit), and almost gave up on them then and there - very thin sound, no bass at all. Experience with IEMs has revealed that fit is crucial, so I tried the large earpads instead. A transformation - suddenly bass appeared and they started sounding pretty good.

Overall, the sound is very bass heavy - the bass is actually artificially emphasised, and sometimes swamps other sounds. If you are looking for a thumping sound, you'll like this - if you want something accurate, they will become tiring after a while. The treble is a bit screechy as well - it's nicely detailed and clear, but again sounds a bit over-emphasised.

Price-wise, these are comparable to Apple's in-ear headphones, and I'd say they do sound better than Apple's offering - a much more full, rich sound. Compared to my top-of-the-range Shures, they have a more pronounced bass, but a less tidy treble - ths Shures are more neutral.

The only real snag with the Radiopaqs is the artificialness of the bass - it can almost become claustrophobic after a while, and I think Radiopaq have gone a bit over the top with it. If you want bass, this is the headphone for you, and the 60 asking price will be well worth it. If you favour a more accurate presentation, I'd recommend giving them a miss, but don't get me wrong - I'd say that at 60, they are a pretty decent headphone, and a vast improvement over the headphones that come with an iPod.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but lasted 3 months, 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
I suppose the sound was alright, but they broke after only 3 months... my previous Creative earphones had lasted a lot longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars I've learned my lesson, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
When I stumbled across this product, I was quite shocked and pleased with myself that these earphones were only 10...saving me 50. For the first two days they worked fine, then one earphone stopped working out of the blue and I had to move the cable for the other one to work properly. And we all know how frustrating it is to have only one earphone barely working! I'm glad I have only paid 10 for these awful headphones and not the full 60!

5.0 out of 5 stars Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones, 1 Oct 2011
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
Good enough for everything. I think my another per gonna be same. I have a tried before other makes as well but make is very good. Very good Noise Isolating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
Used once and fell apart had to superglue back together. Sounds are reasonable quality. Would not reccomend due to quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, Awful Quality., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
Have had 2-3 sets of these now hoping I'd just recieved a bad egg each time but can't ignore it anymore.. These headphones are not durable in the slightest and fail within a couple of weeks (If you get that lucky)

So disappointed as I had an old pair of Radiopaq dots that lasted for a good while.

1.0 out of 5 stars It fell apart!, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
I would not recommend it. Not only did it not last more than a week but it fell apart!

Not just the rubber ear buds but the whole thing. What is worse, the side that fell off worked with a bit of crackle, the other side did not work at all. I'm going back to Sennheiser thank you very much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
These headphones are great for the price of them, I'd recommend them if you want them for travelling or just around the house!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for big(ish) ears, 22 Mar 2013
Gregory Carey (Bangor, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Rock Earphones (Electronics)
The sound coming out of these are absolutely atrocious.

At least until I changed the buds for ones I have with previous earphones, and now they're rather pleasant.

The problem is that the sizes of buds that Radiopaq make don't go big enough for my (not particularly massive) ears. With their own earbuds, there is bass no whatsoever, which makes everything else sound flat. The mid and treble can be good and clear but sometimes verge on tinny. But with other, bigger earbuds the problem is much improved and the sound is more rounded, though nowhere near perfect.

For the 7 they are ok. Apart from the bass they feel plasticy and cheap. The wire stays wavy from when it is wound up. And they do leak music pretty bad - not iPhone headphone bad, but enough to be a problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›