4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones - slightly dubious "tuning" claim tho'!
I ordered these and a pair of "jazz" 'phones for comparison, and because these are the types of music I listen to.

On the positive side, the headphones come in a professional package, with interchangeable, different sized rubber earpieces.

Published on 20 Aug 2009 by The Penguin

1.0 out of 5 stars Bold claims, but don't deliver
Despite being marketed at the top end of the market and claiming to adjust to different styles of music (classical, jazz, rock and pop) these earphones don't sound any better than two others I compared them with - a Sony Walkman and a Tesco budget pair.

Published on 29 July 2009 by Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones - slightly dubious "tuning" claim tho'!, 20 Aug 2009
The Penguin "JH" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The metal is well tooled and solid, the cables are stiff - not like cheaper rubberised cables, ending in a straight jack plug.

The earphones very comprehensively cut out outside sound and the reproduction from both my iPhone and higher end HiFi were both excellent. They are very compact when in the ear, and felt much more comfortable than the similar Apple product I had previously used.

I couldn't however, discern any benefit in classical music against Jazz, Pop, Rock or any other type of music in my collection.

A good buy for all round mid range headphones, but not worth buying a collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bold claims, but don't deliver, 29 July 2009
Mart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I found these fitted comfortably, but the bass level was inadequate and the sound generally flat. I tried them on three systems - a Sony home cinema system, a Sony Walkman and a portable CD player, and all three showed consistently poor results.

I tested them against all four music styles - Beethoven symphony No.9 by the LSO (classical), Whitesnake's outstanding 2006 live recording of `Burn' (rock), Evanescence's `My Immortal' from their Fallen album (pop) and a `Best Of' jazz album.

All were consistently mediocre.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, but not enough Bass for my liking, 29 Aug 2009
Rendition (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a feeling the makers of these earphones think that people who listen to classical music don't like to hear the deep rich sounds from the double bass or some of the deeper woodwinds like the bassoon. Although fine in the mid-ranges, these headphones flatten the orchestral sound too much.

On the positive side, I have found them to be very comfortable to wear for extended periods, so if Radiopaq can introduce a little bit more bass, we would have a great pair of headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad compared to the other models in this range., 26 Feb 2014
R. Baldwin (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
Tinny, too small, cable too flimsy. These feel like they aren't even made in the same factory as the Radiopaq 'Rock' or 'Pop' earphones.

Dont' waste money.

2.0 out of 5 stars radiopaq custom-tuned, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
a quality high end, but so lacking elsewhere they're worth a quid, no more. Exspect 882 wipe the floor with these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Different, very much not better, 23 July 2009
David Turnbull (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tested these on a handful of recordings that I know very, very well -- including a couple that I recorded and mixed myself, so I know inside out. They certainly manage to make them sound different, but to my ears not better. By boosting certain frequencies, the sound gets quite substantially altered and unbalanced. Parts of the ensemble I was used to hearing became muffled and indistinct, while some notes and parts became overly prominent.

Part of this may be down to not finding a comfortable fit for my ears, but I don't think this was all of it or even most of it. I can't recommend these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there # 2, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
Firstly, they are comfortable and well made. Packaging is strange, it could do with a little carry pouch rather than a useless OTT plastic box.
These have the potential to be a great set of headphones that would trounce the opposition. They have a clear and detailed midrange that suits the music well. What they are a bit lacking in is bass weight, and they understate some of the fruitier sounds in the lower register of the orchestra. They also have a treble that is a bit fierce. The problem is that if these issues were addressed too fervently there is a danger that these headphones could end up sounding a bit murky like a certain well known and respected class leading model from another manufacturer does. Besides classical these phones might be of interest to rock fans that find the bass on many models opressive, and want greater midrange clarity. The down side is that the fierce treble might manifest itself too often. Another bout of listening to rock has reinforced these concerns.
As you can tell there are some aspects of these phones that mark them down, but what they are good at they excel at. I listened to a Mozart String Quartet via a personal DAB radio a while back and it sounded faultless via these headphones!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
I had them 2 days and they broke just when went to change the ear buds I thought they would be a good offer but the speaker came off the wire!!DON'T BUY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, cable is plastic sleeved though, not fabic, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
I'd be really impressed with these headphones if they'd cost me 34.99 (their RRP), but for 5.25 they ridiculously good. They also suit all genres well as far as I can tell, with a very well balanced sound. They don't fall into the usual IEM trap of just shoveling bass into your ears. It's worth noting that they're quite bright sounding, I personally like that but it's worth considering if you don't

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted for 3 months, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones (Electronics)
I bought these earphones at the start of October and yesterday the left earphone decided to become kaput.
Not worth the low price if I'm going to have to look for a new pair after just 3 months.

Radiopaq Custom Tuned Classical Earphones