on 30 September 2011
I have 2 pet rat girls (very energetic ones at that). These clip in ledges really help to keep them entertained and also give them something sturdy and hard wearing to chew on. My girls love to sit and chill on these woven hammocks and they are always waiting there when I come home from Uni.
This product is great quality, its been through my washing machine several times and is still holding strong. It has survived 2 young rats set of teeth ever since they were born, and the genius clips make it easy to move around the cage to keep the rats exploring.
TIP: stuff bits f tissue paper in the gaps and they love to pull them out and make a nest. It also means, if you have several and line the ceiling of the cage with them, that the rats have to keep moving the paper around, giving them more exercise and keeping them occupied when i'm in classes.
I would recommend getting several of these as they're a great investment and will last you ages.
on 4 March 2012
My Rats love it! They sleep on it, eat on it, play on it and hang off the edge of it to meet me at their cage door.
They never touched their previous hammock which was a material one so I was a little worried about buying another hammock but they love this one, it's sturdy and easily attaches to their cage and can be moved around easily.
on 27 May 2013
All four of my rats are happy with this, I stretched it from on side of the cage to the other so it gives them an extra little landing. It has been put in the washing machine twice now and has came out in good condition
on 30 June 2013
I bought this for my hamster and put a little bit of wood on it to help him balance . He likes it and I often find him sitting on it. Nice sturdy material ,good for adding extra interest to cage.
on 7 April 2011
After rearranging my Degus cage I was left with a hole in a dividing platform that was fine for them to scamper through to reach the top section of the cage but was rather worrying everytime the three of them jostled for the best position in the sun one invariably fell off a ledge with nothing to break its fall until it landed on the bottom of the cage. Other than training them to perfect a parachute roll on landing I decided on this cargo net which I placed just underneath the hole. It was ideal, left enough room for them to crawl onto and get into the top of the cage but also provided a nice soft landing for whichever one ended up over the edge. As with lots of things, they did chew it and once they had a taste for it wouldn't leave it alone until completely destroyed but this did take them a good few months and they are currently on their forth. Quality product that is a reasonable price considering how long it lasts and I will continue to replace as they get chewed.
on 28 February 2015
It is good for my rats to use it when they need to climb somewhere, they feel supported. Do not expect them to sleep in it though as it is too hard for them.
on 22 October 2013
This was far larger than I expected it to be. The rope used for it is silky soft. I had seen some nets similar to this in a local pet shop and the rope was rather rough, so I was cautious about buying this. But I am glad I did. It was several pounds cheaper and for a colour which I much prefer. I would definaltely reccommend getting this as an addition to your rats or other larger pets cage or play time. I haven't yet decided how to use it but I am sure my ratties will love it.
on 18 December 2015
On the other comments people advised it was purple but mine was in fact yellow and green. I'd have much preferred a purple one but it does what it's for. Got it for my two chinchillas and they love it! It's quite thick aswell and as they like to chew it's hard for them to get through, normally anything I put in there doesn't last a week but I've had this for a few months now and it seems to be able to withstand a lot of nibbles ! I would definitely buy one again.
review image
on 23 May 2013
excellent quality,GOOD SIZE 2 ratties sleep/play in it. good price as well, very quick post and well packed. thank you
on 30 January 2015
I have had this hammock for my Syrian hamster for quite a while now and he loves it. It is strong and sturdy and even his joy in chewing all things his, it is still in good condition. He likes to climb up to it and sit and watch until I speak to him, then he begins his acrobatics. A great toy for boy. He even snoozes in it sometimes.

See one answered question