4.0 out of 5 stars Reduced the RFI from my Internet connection
Published on 2 April 2013 by Mr. K. G. Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars seemed like good cable but didnt work for my needs
Bought these for use with a neet hdmi extender, the cable was delivered promptly but had cat5e printed on the cable when I had ordered cat6 as on the title of the product.
Published 22 months ago by J. R. Fenoulhet

4.0 out of 5 stars Reduced the RFI from my Internet connection, 2 April 2013
What is probably not realised by most is that all modern computerised equipment, their plugin psu's, and their connecting cables, all radiate unwanted RF energy, and that RF energy interferes with each of them to the point where everything is interfering with everything else and nothing is working to the level that it should be. So anything that can reduce that RF radiation is welcomed, even if it's as simple as using proper screened cables when available,

As well as using PC's here I also have an interest in Amateur Radio and Short Wave Listening. Whilst standard Cat 5 cables, due to their twisted pair construction, do allow a very small degree of suppression of RF radiation into nearby domestic radio and TV sets, the fact is that the RF radiation levels are still plenty high enough to wipe out the reception of more sensitive semi-professional radio communications equipment, including modern dedicated Amateur Radio equipment. Changing from normal UTP Cat 5 interconnect cables here to STP Cat6 Shielded cables reduced the RF interference to my Amateur Radio equipment by at least 20db. Still there, but very much reduced. Not only that, but other devices here started to function more reliably, including my mobile and cordless phones, and Amateur Radio and Shortwave Listening reception now depends upon the interference from outside my home, not inside! All for the sake of 5M of SHIELDED cable!

5.0 out of 5 stars shielded cat6 ethernet cable, 9 Oct. 2010
Excellent leads.

I purchased them because they are Cat6 and shielded.

Don't think that anyone will yet need the speed of Cat6 even on Lan networks but always best to buy the "Best" if you can and when the price is right who can argue.

Shielding makes them a little ridged but not to much to worry about.

Overall good quality leads and connections with shielded security from unwanted noise interference, Cat6 future speed proofed and most important at the right price to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, great price, 12 May 2011
Great cable, great price.

Ran the cable from my router which has gigabit ports (I have a Virgin Superhub - their media hub doesn't have gigabit ports), upstairs to my PC, running around the skirting, and now I have a gigabit network throughout.

Product seems well made, turned up quickly and well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Leads, 25 Aug. 2009
R. Taylor "Richard" (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased these to go with a new Netgear Gigabyte switch. I thought I might as well have the right leads as some of the existing ones were getting old and the retaining clips snapped off. These are great, and STP & Cat6 for less than UTP Cat5. What's not to like?

3.0 out of 5 stars seemed like good cable but didnt work for my needs, 11 July 2013
J. R. Fenoulhet "feno" (england) - See all my reviews
I had heard that the neet extenders work best with cat6 hence why I ordered these which turned out not to work. Requested a return which was authorised straight away. So the product was not as advertised but the no quibble return made up for this, so I only lost out on the cost of the return delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Oct. 2011
This is an amazing buy my network speeds to my gigabit hub are all running at amazing speeds. Cable is good quality and well insulated, the plugs rj45 are also good quality. I have this running from my computer room to the lounge where the gigabit hub, NAS, media player, ps3 and router are located. This cable works out cheaper than buying cat6 and Rj45 plugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to ease the clutter, 31 Oct. 2012
Good quality Cat6 cables and these nice short ones are ideal for linking adjacent equipment eg ADSL modem to router to reduce the usual spaghetti of cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars you want speed, get these, 23 July 2012
Its all well and good having the network speeds of 1GbE but if you don't have the right cables and infrastructure you won't see the benefit. bought these leads for my 1GbE switch and i see full speed transfers and no errors. Not that flexible but very good quality and highly recommnended

1.0 out of 5 stars The cables sent was not the shielded ones as advertised, 9 Jan. 2014
I specifically wanted a shielded cables because it was for use with an HDMI sender which recommends shielded cables but the ones that were send clearly stated on them UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair). I did try them just to see if they would work and they didn't. There construction looked really cheap and nasty so I wasn't surprised they didn't work.

To be fair to the supplier they did refund the full purchase price including postage and did pay for return postage as well but there is still the inconvenience and time lost finding another supplier.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad maufacturing, 4 Dec. 2013
I've been an engineer for 20 years.Having installed this cable from equipment to router through trunking etc. I spent around an hour trying to get the equipment to work only to find out the ends of the cable didn't match. I then had to uninstall the cable and start again with another cable from a different manufacturer.

The cable supplied by this seller was obviously not tested.

This has cost me time and money, I just hope my customer understands the error was incurred due to the faulty cable supplied by CPO. NOT IMPRESSED!