5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Three Degrees Compilation
Published on 15 Dec 2010 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound
This is a good representation and well mastered. If you are a fan, you won't be disappointed. Good value for money in my opinion.
Published 5 months ago by Winterborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Three Degrees Compilation, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
Three Degrees compilations don't come better than this budget offering, as this takes us from their early begining such as TSOP through their biggest hits such as the fantastic Year Of Decision and When Will I See You Again, to their later hi-energy disco work with Moroder, Giving Up Giving In and The Runner. It is not in strictly chronological order unfortunately but roughly so, as the two styles of their music are not entirely comfortable with each other. Their early music is harmonious and soulful, and the later style could be much more vigorous and even harsh in places. But both styles are great to listen to. This makes for an interesting listening experience, and takes me right back to the 70s! One evening in the late 70s I was sitting in a deserted restaurant in Norwich and who should sit at the next table to me but the very glamorous (and very American) Three Degrees. I liked their music before this encounter but loved it after!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Three Degrees, 5 May 2011
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
Five Stars for the Three Degrees, this was their finest time and this album is full of memorable hits, it makes me wanna swing back in time, the time when music was at its best......

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable Philly Sound!, 7 Mar 2013
Eliezer P. Lopes (FLORIANÓPOLIS, SANTA CATARINA, BR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
We rated this CD five stars because it really presented us with the Best of three of the most representative artists of the Philly Sound!
‘The Sound of Philadelphia’ sung by The Three Degrees is a memorable part of their career!
‘My Simple Heart’ together with ‘When Will I See You Again’ are the two other pillars of the career!
Sound quality is very good! It is amazing how Sony UK revived the atmosphere of the original recordings and enhanced it to sound well-defined and solid in hi-tech systems like Mu.Te.Ki nowadays!
We recommend this product because it really spanned The Three Degrees’ career from beginning to end! The artwork was very well designed too!
Warmest regards,
Eliezer, Elizeu and Maria da Conceicao, Brazil.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 23 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 15 Oct 2013
Andy Bloodworth (Cowes, Isle of Wight United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
Grew up with a big crush on the lead singer, and listening to the CD bought all the memories flooding back...one of those albums that you ask yourself 'why have I never purchased this earlier'...if you remember the Three Degrees and liked their music, you will love this album

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
This CD took me back. I used to sing with the Three Degrees when I was 10 into a hairbrush. It has the classics on it that you will remember and has certainly took me back. Would recommend not driving around in a convertible with it playing like I did, you get some funny looks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
Always loved the 3 degrees, their style and sassy dance moves, loved it all, bought to complimemnt my LP collection and to play in the car!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 17 July 2012
Dean Davies "Dean Davies" (Liverpool, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
This compilation includes all the big hits and some lesser known tracks. Overall. I'm pleased with the content and quality of the mastering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
I had not listened to the three degrees for many years, so when I saw this I decided to buy it, and it was well worth buying. The music is great and the reproduction very good. Very good price as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant collection of 70's Soul and despite being Prince Charles fave act of that period they deserve to be listened to danced to and appreciated by people more than ever..classic after classic here...

The Best Of
The Best Of by The Three Degrees (Audio CD - 2009)