on 1 January 2010
One of the strongest WW2 sets Airfix ever produced and now thankfully re-issued albeit in a shocking colour-(Can`t wait to get that undercoat on!)Lots of nice poses on offer here,a generous 14 instead of the customary 7,although slight downside is that you`ll be very lucky to get everything pictured.Airfix do state on the packaging that quantities may vary so be warned-annoying though when you get 3 or 4 of the same figure.Nice rendering of the MP 40 S.M.G. although shame the FG42 ,which was developed specifically for the paras,isn`t featured here.As mentioned some nice poses but not sure what the guy is attempting with rifle held like he`s waving a flag-looks ridiculous!A totally new set on the "Green Devils" would be welcome:perhaps troops in tropical gear or winter clothing and hopefully if these old soldiers still prove popular then Airfix will oblige.
on 31 December 2009
Superb figures with classic designs originally created in the 1960's.

Features 14 soldiers including one with his arm in a sling (which my 6 year old son particularly likes).

If you're buying any other Airfix sets to go with this one make sure that you buy 1:32 scale like these (not the tiny 1:72 scale).
on 24 August 2013
I bought these for my 7 year old grandson and the hours spent away from technology and put into painting has been well worth it. I recommend it to everyone, boys and girls. Also teaching him the history of the wars involved in the soldiers he was painting is educational too.
on 14 January 2010
Other reviews suggest something better than I received.
I bought them for my son to get a bit of variety in his 'green soldier' collection rather than for painting.
The plastic isn't too nice and a few of the guns were broken.
Out of the 14 figures we certainly didn't get any with arms in a sling and only one of the kneeling poses.
The box *does* say contents vary but, bought with German Infantry, I seem to have hit a run of bad luck or a bad batch.
on 8 February 2015
Back in the late-1970s I had hundreds of these I used to carry around in a big box, along with my Britains (1971) toys, those already painted with the green stands for those who are new to collecting toy soldiers. Granddad used to buy me one box of my choice each week from the local model shop - sadly, it's closed down. There's a lack of traditional model, record, and book shops these days, but they do exist if you search long and hard for them.

I used to love painting these, getting all the colours as perfect as possible , then arranging them into battle formation. Usually whilst a WWII film was playing in the background on TV. The Battle of the Bulge (1965). The Eagle Has Landed (1976). The Longest Day (1962). Where Eagles Dare (1968) and more. The details on the 1:32 figure as extremely detailed and this makes them fairly easy to paint; Airfix also provide the paint, each box have the relevant paint code on for each uniform.

I'm glad they are still producing these, as I thought about purchasing some again as a hobby now and then. There are also vehicles available and most model shops - even Hobby Craft - sell accessories like trees and landscapes, pretty much anything you need for different scenarios from the desert war with the 8th Army and the Africa Korps, to the paratroopers and the bombed-out buildings of France, even the mountain troops. I'm sure a lot of you out there will share the same memories of staging battles as a child.

* I have to agree with other reviewers here, that the quality of these are not as good at the ones I had circa late 1970s, early 1980s, but they are not really bad
on 24 August 2013
I know people get nostalgic about these. I found the quality fine. The quality is much better then the cheaper un-branded quality you come across.

Only 14 pieces, but all different poses, still worth it I feel.
on 8 January 2014
As with other airfix that I've bought the service was good but the quality of the figures didn't seem as good.
on 29 April 2014
bought for my grandson he loves them, They are the same as I used to play with and are still of good quality
on 19 December 2014
Item as expected and delivered on time
on 5 September 2013
A lovely set ruined by being cast in China in horrid plastic. The original release looked loads better. They look like 'pound shop toys' which is such a shame. Airfix, please get these made in India like some of the other sets. These were returned.