on 2 January 2011
We still have computers with PS2 connectors for the keyboard and mouse. Rather than use all the USB ports up, we use this when we fit a new keyboard or mouse as the aforementioned are usually USB or wireless nowadays. This item is used to connect a USB keyboard to a computer through the PS2 keyboard port.
on 9 July 2011
This little adaptor does as it says but there is something you should think about before purchase. One reviewer says he uses them to free up USB slots on their computers; another says it does not work with the comfort curve keyboard on an old computer.

I agree with both of these reviews but there is a 'but'! These adaptors work well with older style USB keyboards and older motherboards. Technology is moving fast and the new, ergonomic keyboards, combo keyboards and some other modern ones do not simply 'adapt' to PS/2. The adaptor adapts the connections not the signals. You would need to use a signal adaptor but these are designed to enable PS/2 keyboards and mice to work with the more modern USB ports - not the other way round.

I bought one because I was frustrated of being unable to use my Microsoft 'Natural' Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 to change settings before Windows started to load. Of course the adaptor wouldn't work. Silly me! All I needed to do was to go into the BIOS at startup (Usually by pressing the Delete button or the F2 function button) and enabling the 'Enable USB Keyboard Support' on the motherboard. Suggest you try this before buying anything.

As will be seen in other reviews it will not convert the signal from modern USB keyboard to a PS2 connection on an older computer. I suggest that anyone reading this review also reads the comments added that may clarify the situation.

There is nothing wrong with the product, or the suppliers. Right product, wrong job. That is why I have given it only three stars.
66 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2014
I wanted to connect my old faithful Microsoft PS2 wired keyboard to a device that only connects by USB. Physically the adapter connected ok but does not make any electrical conversion so for me it does not work. I now understand that this is not the fault of the adapter but that some very modern equipment ignore the existence of PS2 and will not connect electronically. Now there are some PS2 to USB adapters that will do the job but it is difficult to identify them. Caveat Emptor! Luckily this is not a costly mistake and I now know better.
on 2 August 2013
Unit looks fine, packaged properly etc.
PS/2 dimensions are fine and fits PC correctly.
USB end not so good. Outer casing is over sized and touches the neighbouring USB cable at the back of the PC pushing it slightly.
Worse still the USB plug connector from the keyboard doesn't fit in the socket and nor do any of the others that I checked it with.
Have used a spare usb cable (to save damaging keyboard) to force the fitting but can't get the plug to sit home properly.
A bit more effort may make it work, but I am not wasting my time any further.
This wasn't a good buy.
on 20 November 2011
USB to PS/2 Converter for Keyboards.

I've had a bit of a problem recently trying to find the right product for a particular job. This item was exactly right for my job.
on 17 November 2013
Not much to say, it didnt work. Two different USB keyboards and tried in 2 of our PCs and it didnt work. Guess it was D.O.A.
on 8 August 2013
I took a chance after being unsure about other reviews. This did not work on a brand new pc or an older one running XP
on 17 October 2013
I am leaving this review about the service I got from CPO they know what I was after and I did not have to wait long at all before it arrived at my home and would like to say thank you for getting it here very quickly and will give you 10 out of 10 and will be buying from them again thank you CPO
regards Kevin
on 19 March 2013
A waste of time and money. poor fitting. I did not return them but put it down to learning a lesson
on 9 April 2014
Couldn't get em to work so I reserved the right to diss em good but saying that they are well made

See one answered question