5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 July 2009
Nelo (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ressurectionists & Night Raider (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic stuff. Highly reminiscent of Godspeed! You Black Emperor, but different and unique, which is good! Ethereal, but very down to earth as well. Justifiably cynical at times, but also beautiful, artistic, and moving. Feels very acoustic and visceral in it's approach, which is perfect for me. Not quite sure what category this kind of music falls into, so I won't even try to categorize it. I just know I like the groove of this entire album, as well as their previous work "A love of shared disasters". Lot's of great songs! Please keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars More bad luck?, 21 Sep 2010
Lendrick (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Ressurectionists & Night Raider (Audio CD)
This is an extended version of their 200 Tons Of Bad Luck album featuring all the songs from that album plus a load more, and perhaps suffers a little by comparison as most of the best tracks from here are on 200 Tons. But there are some excellent songs on here not least the melancholy `200 Tons of bad luck' - not included on the album of the same name.

There is a lot to take in here, across the albums you get over 2 hours of excellent music , so I keep coming back to it and finding new gems.

Highly recommended, can you have too much of a good thing?

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the Year?, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Ressurectionists & Night Raider (Audio CD)
Crippled Black Phoenix, what can I say? I got into this band because it contains the ex-Electric Wizard drummer and other assorted musicians (Mogwai etc) on their last record A Love of Shared Disasters.
This record, or records, is a step up! After hearing the woes that had befallen them to get this released I knew I must buy this double edition, surely the single cd edition, 200 Tons of Bad Luck, can surely not compare?
From the opener of Burnt Reynolds it just grabs you and keeps you mesmerised until the very end.
Not sure about the GSYBE references, for me this is more like Mogwai, or Red Sparowes, meets Tom Waits or Johnny Cash, not as disjointed as GSYBE but definitely in the same ball park.
The 'eastern flavour' of 444 is a high as is 'Waitsian' Along Where the Wind Blows. As diverse as you can imagine, if you don't buy this record, you don't like music per se!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full version of 200 Tons of Bad Luck, 27 May 2009
This review is from: The Ressurectionists & Night Raider (Audio CD)
The full monty. See review on 200 Tons of Bad Luck.
AMAZING ALBUM A MUST BUY FOR FANS OF GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR AND PINK FLOYD, I KID YOU NOT, BUY, BUY, BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering, 27 Feb 2013
C. Goddard - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ressurectionists & Night Raider (Audio CD)
As a new convert I keep getting blown away with the brilliance of this band. This is another album that you cannot have on in the background. I just stop what I am doing and just.... listen - so should you!!

The Ressurectionists & Night Raider
The Ressurectionists & Night Raider by Crippled Black Phoenix (Audio CD - 2009)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available