4.0 out of 5 stars A very good game, but perhaps not for some NFS fans
This game is very similar to the likes of Race Pro, Grid and most of all; Forza 2, it's perhaps even more realistic than any of them, so if you are the typical NFS fan who likes the previous easy handling style games, and doesn't like your racers too realistic this may well be frustrating.

At first I found the game a little unexciting, it has all been done...
Published on 21 Sep 2009 by Naughty Boy

2.0 out of 5 stars crap
To me this game is crap..The car is oversteering all the time even on straight road ..Cannot enjoy it..I was waiting for this game as I like need for speed games because they are not so lifelike like forza but this is ridicoulus ..That bloody car just cant behave..not fun to me at all..there is another review here explaining this better then me I just wanted to help pull...
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by Arpad

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine., 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
LOVE THIS GAME! Really good racing/simulator game for an amazing price. It was this or Forza 4. This is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
very good it was the best driving game i have ever played.the graphics were brilliant and i liked going in to the garage to get upgrades.

2.0 out of 5 stars NFS Shift - take away the 'F' from the second word, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Like previous NFS games, we are still on a slippery slope. NFS underground 1 and 2 were great back in the day but ever since carbon the quality of these games has steadily declined and Shift is another big dissapointment. Cars handle very unrealistically and the driving aids virtually drive the car for you (I know they can be turned off) Gameplay is dull and after you have played this game a few times you wont ever want to again. Its a shame to see EA desparately churning out NFS games every other week each worse than the last. Nothing to report here. Do not buy this game unless you are a die hard NFS fan, instead try the Dirt games or grid by codemasters I believe.
My rating: 22% Not worth considering
Genre: Racing, Race simulator, Driving

3.0 out of 5 stars NFS, 19 Jan 2010
Adult Gamer "Al" (Paddock Wood, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Ok, but would have preferred another car game that was out of stock with the package that I chose..overrated...better on PS2

2.0 out of 5 stars Need for speed shift review, 17 Oct 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
overall a really good game graphics very good but one problem is the freezing aspect of the game from finishing races,loading profiles,loading courses, and the ring of death it caused on my xbox360

3.0 out of 5 stars Suppose a wheel is needed..., 30 Sep 2009
C. Gravell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've been a fan of NFS games on the PC for quite a number of years and was looking forward to Shift since it is meant to be more of a sim than previous releases.

Although I've only had the game 3 days, I find it too frustrating to enjoy.
Perhaps I need to spend (a ridiculous sum) on a steering wheel because controlling with the usual 360 gamepad is just too inconsistant; move the stick a little way and the you understeer off the (green, which tells you that you can accelerate) racing line, move it a little more and it oversteers. Many times I've found myself sliding sideways onto the grass and out of contention.

I really did want to like NFS Shift but the frustration is just too much!

5.0 out of 5 stars stop slating this game, 28 Sep 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
stop slating this game is a brill racer with excellent graphics . gameplay is fantastic especially the in care view . no lag or problems online . people only slate this game because its not like the other need for speeds ,so what !! need for speed was a dying series but this will bring it back with a bang picking up the casual gamer with its pick up and play ease, while still catering for the more serious gamer . so i congratulate ea on a excellent racer.

1.0 out of 5 stars EA have done it again, 29 Sep 2009
Mr. G. Penney "the collecter" (london england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
What can I say EA have managed to do it again ,they have brought out another fantastic looking game with loads of detail and fluid frame rate,The in car view alone put most modern driving games to shame, BUT EA you are meant to put a game in there as well at some point .The car handling is the worst I have played in years,and yet people compare this to the likes of PGR and FORZA ,need for speed shift has one major problem all glamour and looks and no game play where as PGR and FORZA are all game play ,And what 's with the loading times even my NEO GEO CD from 1990 loads games faster than this,EA should be made to refund every single person that buy's this game and is not happy and vow not to try and bring another waste of peoples time and money for as long as they remain in buisness.
On a good note atleast the title is dead right if you remove the F from shift.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear., 21 Sep 2009
Aeryhn A. Cooper "Ku" (South west, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was totally beaming with excitement to open this game for my birthday, After need for speed pro street which was awesome fun and a good racing sim for EA, Shift looked amazing, I played it 6 hours on and off and finally bought my favorite car, which is also the cover car for many of the games adverts, The BMW E46 M3. First thing I noticed, it was bouncing, I tried upgrading it, it bounced more, I used my knowledge as a mechanic to fine tune the suspension and still hitting corners or even in a s straight line and bouncing a good 4 foot in the air
The overall summary of this game is, Stunning to look at, great to play for a while, Flawed and too short.
I'm giving this game rating of 1/5 since it made such a claim to be an amazing racing game, and only lived up to it for a few hours

1.0 out of 5 stars rubish, 28 Feb 2010
random "hi" (bromley england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
well first when you turn a corner befor you do it you have to brake to about ten mphwhich is very anoying.
and also it takes ages to load.

dont buy it
should buy Midnight Club LA - Complete Edition

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360)
Need For Speed: Shift (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
12.35