on 13 July 2010
Wacom have long been the gold standard for graphics tablets and it's not hard to see why. My old Wacom Graphire had suffered about seven years of use and abuse before it finally gave in and when the time came to replace it, I went for an upgrade.

Size: For me, the medium size is the definitely the sweet spot! The smaller sizes tend to feel limiting and twitchy after a while (particularly on large displays) and the larger tablets require too much arm travel, which can be uncomfortable.

Sensitivity: Coming from my previous experience with the Graphire, the sensitivity is mind-blowing and the customisable 'precision mode' works incredibly well. This can be set so that you get the detail of movement that you'd get on a larger tablet, with the smaller footprint.

ExpressKeys: The customisable express keys and touch ring are great and the ability to set the mapping of these keys and the pen on a per-application basis is what makes them useful. They feel a little strange to use at first since they don't feel anything like a keyboard but over time this becomes less of an issue.

The Surface/Feel: The active area has a rougher resistance than the older smooth plastic finishes... I'd describe it as feeling most like a precise/rigid felt pen on paper; pencil on paper feels lighter and smoother than this. At first I wasn't too sure about the feel but it does offer a more natural, tactile experience. That said, the feel can change depending on the nib you use and I am yet to try out the others. Note on the nib: I've had the Intuos4 for a short while now and I'm already noticing some nib wear after normal use... This may or may not be an issue.

Conclusion: In my opinion, this is the best graphics tablet on the market today (with the exception of Wacom's Cintiq range) and I'd highly recommend it to both new and existing tablet users.
on 20 August 2010
I already had a Wacom Bamboo but wanted the extra precision and to take advantage of the extra features in PS CS5. This item did not let me down. If you are unfamiliar with tablets then spending this much may be a risk as they do take a little getting used to, but if you are familiar and want to update then you can buy this with confidence. The item is supplied with different pen nibs, soft nibs for artists to paint with realistic feel and stiffer nibs for image editing. The item is expensive and there are cheaper ones out there but I am very pleased with the purchase and would always stick with Wacom.
on 6 July 2010
Great features, great sensitivity, if only it was cheaper would of course make me a little happier :/ been wanting to get a wacom tablet for years and finally caved and nabbed one, I'm glad I did! :)
on 8 June 2010
This piece of kit is used in my editing office for the fine tuning required in laying out reports and newsletters for publication. It is well made and liked by the users.
on 24 December 2014
awesome
on 17 June 2010
I really do not need larger size tablet. It is absolutely correct. You can costomise it for your needs. It semms to me a good investment.
Regards,
George
on 14 September 2011
This is an upgrade for me, & although I like using it ,it is very annoying when options appear when I try to select a tool in Photoshop.
on 6 November 2009
Guys, do you get the mouse as well?
There is no mouse in my package..