Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Handy tool. Face is a little small for these old eyes to see though the oven glass, but that also means it doesn't take up too much room, and the hanging hook means you can suspend it in different place in the oven. Learned that my new oven is 30 degrees cooler than the dial says (which I suspected from a number of flopped cakes and legs of lamb that ran around bleating after 2 hours.)

I now use this to get the oven temp right, and ignore what the oven dial says. It is accurate and durable.
on 22 February 2014
At last I can make successful cakes again. My oven temperature was way out. I just keep it hanging for the shelf and rely on the reading rather than the dial. Delighted.
on 8 September 2014
I haven't done any form of calibration / overcheck of the accuracy of the thermometer, but I have used it on a slow cook pulled-pork BBQ just this weekend and as far I can tell (and taste!) the thermometer is accurate enough at least for BBQs. The base is sturdy although I had to bend mine back a little bit so that it didn't fall forward. It certainly handled the temperatures of a roaring BBQ well.

I'm tempted to get another one for my gas oven.
on 20 February 2015
I have recently bought a new oven and read that the manual switch does not give a precise temperature; hence my purchase of thermometer.
Useful to have and does the job.
on 16 March 2015
Clear numbering when you are peering into the oven. I realised my oven temperature was completely wrong and has been a joy to get the temperature correct when baking. Cheaper than calibrating your oven! Good quality product, not fiddly in the oven. Would certainly recommend. Order arrived quickly, packaged well.
on 29 January 2014
Because it was excellent and very accurate . I would recommend this product to anyone
who wished to buy one.
on 29 September 2015
Great value oven thermometer that seems to work really well. Has shown us that our oven temperatures are spot on which is reassuring. The Celsius scale is a bit tricky to read if your eyesight isn't perfect but for the amount of times I choose to read it I don't think it is that much of a problem.
on 20 February 2014
A Nice tidy unit which can stand or hang on
an oven Rack. A bit tiny but does the Job... ^_^
on 22 June 2015
I don't trust the temp setting on my oven and this has come in very handy on the odd occasion where I have needed a precise temperature. Took a while to arrive however.
on 11 April 2016
Brilliant. Had to wait a while as I didn't realise it was coming from abroad but it was worth the wait. I have a Neff oven which I thought were supposed to be pretty accurate but this thermometer has shown them up. After using the rapid heat function on my oven for several years, I now know that the oven is no way near the temperature when it says it is and I wait for this thermometer to tell me it is hot enough. I never put a cake in my oven now unless checking with this first. Definitely recommend as I wouldn't be without it.

See one answered question