4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for what it is
The MS500 bluetooth speaker is fairly small, around hand size.

There is a single discrete on/off button/switch on the MS500. It automatically enters pairing mode at switch on and I've found pairing with two different mobile phones and my lap top to be nice and easy.

Published on 28 Aug 2010 by G. Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars First impressions
I just received my MS500 this morning and have paired it to my phone (HTC Desire.) Pairing was very straightforward, and the MP3 player output straight to the speaker without any fuss.

Published on 14 April 2011 by David Thornber

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for what it is, 28 Aug 2010
G. Ward (England) - See all my reviews
The MS500 bluetooth speaker is fairly small, around hand size.

Considering it's small size, the single speaker and the fact the music is transmitted to it via bluetooth, the sound quality it delivers is surprisingly good.

The music volume is adequate for personal listening but it will not get anywhere near loud enough to get the floor shaking at a party. You can achieve slightly higher volume levels using alkaline batteries instead of rechargables, due to the slightly higher voltage they supply.

That brings us to battery life, one of the down sides to the MS500. It is something of a battery eater. The claimed battery life of five hours is on the good side of what you can expect in continuous use.

I like the little strap and carabiner for hanging the MS500 from a suitable hook or whatever is convenient. Another down side is that there are no flat surfaces on the roughly egg shaped MS500 which isn't ideal when you want to put it down somewhere where it might be subject to movement and want it to stay put... a little blob of Blu Tack does the job!

At the time of writing the MS500 is available here on Amazon at some very heavily discounted prices making it very good value for money too.

3.0 out of 5 stars First impressions, 14 April 2011
David Thornber "David Thornber" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker (Accessory)

Disappointingly, even cranked up to maximum volume, I'll swear that the MS500 isn't quite as loud as the Desire's built-in speaker. Though from the point of view of sound quality, the MS500 wins hands-down. It actually has a decent amount of bass to it, whereas the built-in speaker in the Desire is understandably tinny.

Of course the volume issue could be specific to the model of phone. It may have a particularly loud built-in speaker or it may send a quiet signal via Bluetooth.

For the money, I'm perfectly happy. I plan to hang the speaker in the bathroom so that I can have tunes in the shower while my phone stays safely in another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Sound, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker (Accessory)
What a great convenient piece of kit. Just pop two AA cells in, pair it with your phone or laptop and you're away. No waiting for charge up time. What's worse than thinking of using something, pick it up and it's flat, not any more. Sound quality is very good, impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 8 Feb 2013
Mr. S. Dickins (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker (Accessory)
This product was just the job there was no problem with them and I am happy to perches more form them

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat ....., 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker (Accessory)
Bit larger than i imagined but nicew sound quality, looks well made and designed. Works with my Mac, iPad and iPod. The bluetooth connection means i can wander away from the devices, well the Mac really, and still have the sound local to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant sound for it's size... but, 18 Jan 2012
Ajakz (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker (Accessory)
Unfortunately it was too quiet in operation when used with my ipod touch but adequate when used with a Sony Ericsson 880i.

Sony Ericsson MS-500 Bluetooth Speaker