5.0 out of 5 stars Mine's cheese and onion
We are equipping a garden playhouse with wooden toy version of household equipment and this Sandwich making selection is substantial and the grandchildren love it. We recommend it for imaginative kids of all ages including the 65+.
Published on 5 July 2010 by G. L. Haigh

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Quality of Melissa and Doug items are generally good, but this item was poor. Came with chipped paint and excessive glue around the velcro inserts.
Published on 27 April 2012 by P Parker

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Would give it more than 5 if I could!, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
Like many others have said the set was less than satisfactory, the paint was chipped, the velcro badly glued in and bits of food covered in glue. Some of the paint was dull and the wood was rough. A couple of the pieces my 2 year old said were "yucky and dirty" and wouldn't play with them.

Amazon were contacted and was offered a replacement instantly. I had already said it was a shame because M&D are usually very good well made toys. My daughter seemed quite happy playing with the other bits and it bothered me more than her!

Amazon were told that we would like the replacement ASAP as we couldn't very well take away what we had already give to her and we were told it would be with me next day on express delivery at no extra cost (Amazon prime bonus maybe?)

A far better quality sandwich set arrived today at 10am...less than 16 hours after making the initial phone call.

THAT is what I call customer service, well done Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillient, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
My little girl really enjoyes playing with this

it is a really good product would recomend to any parent.

worht the money

4.0 out of 5 stars we like it, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
nice toy, good quality, childreen have al lot fun,

You should offer your wooden products on the german market, thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy., 2 Jan 2013
Helen George "HennaMay" (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
Does not look all that realistic, but lots of chopping through the velcro makes it worth it. Comes on a nice ta tray for serving

5.0 out of 5 stars sandwich making set, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
this is a super play set for children, very colourful, with ease of use. Comes in a sturdy wooden box. excellent quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 13 Dec 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
The set`s finish was terrible glue all over the Velcro & paint all over the edges for the price you pay i was expecting better quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandwich making set, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
Superb, well made product - bought for my 3 year old grandson for Christmas.
Lots of different wooden pieces for making many different sandwiches- such fun!!

1.0 out of 5 stars How disappointing !, 3 Dec 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
This product was very poor quality. Came with chipped paint and excessive glue around the velcro inserts, which was a no no as soon as we've opened the box. I would never buy a toy that looked like this had I seen it on a store.
Some of the pieces, have the velcro in too low, so it doesn't stick the pieces well.
Another thing is the knife that comes in the set. It is too thick "to cut" the pieces, as it should, when they are connected by the velcro inserts.
The box in wood is ok, but it should come with a proper lid, instead of a plastic cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
Very good quality with lots of playing potential - but like other toys like this - why isnt it in its own box to keep it all together

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - not as fun as I hoped, 17 Nov 2012
R. Anderton "Randerton" (London) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Sandwich Making Set (Toy)
My daughter was given the birthday cake and seemed to really like it and often offered cake with the cuppa tea she made me!
But when I bought this sandwich one she just didn't see the point - she made a sandwich and then just left it.
I'm not sure its all that interactive. I think possibly it might go well with a kitchen role play scene but on its own, it just doesn't seem to capture the imagination like I thought it would.
Still - brilliant quality and colour and it will definitely last

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›