5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teaching shapes

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but just not durable
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by JKC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but just not durable, 4 Aug 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
Ticks all boxes apart from the fact that within literally seconds of use the coloured paper on the board began to come off. Bought it yesterday and my son has managed with a bit of gumming to peel most of the paper off one of the shapes. Great to look at and shapes are good to hold but wish it could be replicated in plastic or a stained wood. Such a lovely toy but would definitely recommend not giving to a child who is still prone to gumming, very disappointed that this wasn't durable enough for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teaching shapes, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
As a primary school teacher I want to make sure my children learn the basics before they start school. This jigsaw is perfect for teaching your child the names of the shapes. I say to my son, 'find me the oval', 'find me the rectangle' and so forth. We have only done this jigsaw about 5 times and already he has learned the names of these shapes. The shapes themselves are chunky wooden pieces and the bright colours make this jigsaw more interesting to complete. I really like it and have purchased the numbers, colours and alphabet jigsaws from the same range. They are all fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 7 Aug 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
Nice bright colours and chunky pieces make this an ideal first shapes puzzle. My daughter learnt her shapes and colours through using this. Melissa and Doug make excellent first jigsaws for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
I got my 21 month old daughter this puzzle for Christmas, and have been really pleased with it. The puzzle itself is handmade from wood, and consists of 8 different shapes of varying bright colours with the corresponding colour/shape on the puzzle board for the shape to slot into. My daughter started playing with this puzzle on Christmas Day and now, 3 weeks later she has more or less learnt all of the shapes (although she does get square and rectangle mixed up!). Great start! I specifically bought this puzzle to teach her shapes, so it has worked well so far. The only colour she recognises at the moment is green, so we will have to work on that!

I would recommend this puzzle as a good way to teach your child shapes and colours.

2.0 out of 5 stars great toy, bad design, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter. Its a fantanstic wooden toy that only has colour on the front, the other sides have been left unvarnished, which I thought was a bit amateurish. As with every toy it goes straight in her mouth, and I found that after only 2 mins the coloured paper started to peel. With this in mind I thought it was too unsafe to give to my daughter at present. I do however, think this is a very educational toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite puzzle, 28 Mar 2010
Outnumbered - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
This is my 20 month old's favourite puzzle from Melissa & Doug. He has other ones with pegs that he also likes but he seems to like handling the outlines of these chunky ones. Matching the shapes to their correct places is very easy because of their size and as an extra help/teaching aid, each shape also have their own colours to match up with. Lovely quality, as with all Melissa & Doug toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug makes best puzzles, 3 Nov 2009
E. Urcan (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
Bright colours, easy grasp, very well made. We have some other same brand puzzles and we love all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shape Puzzle, 16 Dec 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
My little girl has many Melissa and Doug puzzles and this is one of her favourites at the minute. Really eye catching bright colours. Not as big as some of the other puzzles we have but the simple design of the puzzle is ideal for babies and toddlers. The pieces are really chunky and easy to grab for little hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
It's a lovely colourful puzzle, and my child really enjoys building it

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug flat out makes good products!, 9 Jun 2014
Christopher J. Cowen (Glenville, PA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Shapes Chunky Puzzle (Toy)
Melissa & Doug shapes Chunky Wooden Puzzle is a good durable puzzle set. This puzzle set is the same as the one you will find in any of the retail outlets. The puzzle will also hold up to high degree of abuse and you will definitely get your money's worth. I am glad I made this purchase and would recommend this product.

Thank you for reading my review.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›