on 4 July 2011
This is a fabulous toy - I wish I had thought of the idea ;) I bought it for car journeys - 1st test was 4 hours to Dorset. The game was played the entire journey in various combinations. It's an excellent stimulant for little minds when they look out of the window and try and make up the spelling for what they see. Actually I cannot rate it highly enough - the fact the pieces don't end up all over the car is a brilliant concept. After a few rounds with mummy, they were confident enough to take on each other and argue about spellings! So far it appears quite durable. Turning the letters on one of the middle rows seems a little tighter than the other rows. It's a game that can be picked up at any point and doesn't have to be finished in one go which is good for intermittent map reading....Definitely recommended and good value for money.
on 25 February 2010
Hours of fun...traditional game...very educational but lots of fun. Love the wooden flip over letters and hangman...adds to play enjoyment..excellent for travelling..every home needs one!! Will last for a lifetime.
on 3 December 2015
Great because it all packs up into one neat board, there are no loose pieces to loose - only the pen comes away and that has its own holder on the side. Great fun version of this classic game. Only quibble.. its a solid wooden board, which is great (makes for good quality and long lasting) but its a bit heavy for carrying round, even though its designed to be portable.
on 1 November 2015
We have only had this for a week and the kids really love it. (ages 5 +7).
They have played it in the car , the pub and at home. Its a great travel game.
One thing I can see is going to happen is that the pen and writing area will become too
stained / pen dry out but that's okay as you could use paper just for the word bit.
Really good price. Really pleased with this.
on 5 July 2016
I wish I hadn't bought this as the pen supplied would not wipe off even the first time it was used! Too late to return it or would do so. Please be warned that the surface does NOT wipe off even with a whiteboard dry wipe pen. I went out and bought one to check. My grandchildren were so disappointed. The surface is easily damaged when you try to wipe it clean.
on 5 January 2014
My grand-daughter (aged 5) got this for Christmas and we have all enjoyed playing it with her. Her little fingers turn over the tiles more easily than my old ones. We had to get a simple dictionary to give her access to a wider range of vocabulary than she could spell from memory but that worked well. Good for visiting, restaurant visits, train or plane journeys. Fits in a decent-sized handbag. In fact, I'd rather like one of my own!
on 16 July 2012
This is a clever toy. I was a bit sceptical about how it could be better than paper and pen, but my 7 year old and 5 year old love it. It's really useful to have the alphabet there so they know what they haven't asked yet - and it's helping my 5 year old to use letter names, not sounds.

This afternoon they played hangman loads then my 7 year old started making anagrams using the alphabet and asking her brother to guess them - wow! I can't think of any other circumstance when that would have happened spontaneously!

I agree with other reviews that the elastic is a bit tight, but we are all managing ok, so it hasn't stopped us. I am a bit nervous of the marker, which gets waved around a lot, but I just need to train them to put the lid on. I also think we will lose it soon, maybe it could be attached to the board? But I think that has more to do with us being bad with pens than a problem with the toy itself. And of course, I love that you can't lose the pieces.
on 1 February 2015
This is just a fantastic tool to reinforce spelling of new words and fun to play, besides... it is not messy and there's no way any little piece of it can come out!! I used it for the first time with 4-5 year old children last week and it was like "party time" for all whilst reviewing new vocabulary!! Great idea!! Thanks x
on 20 December 2014
Fantastic, bought for my niece who's 7. Great for travelling or just to have at home. Our marker pen that came with it didn't work as it had completely dried out before we even opened but had another one lying around at home so didn't contact seller as I never got around to it. Would recommend as its a great idea to kill some time with little ones. Given 4 stars as our pen didn't work but the game deserves 5.
on 14 October 2010
I know you can play hangman with a piece of paper and a pencil, but this is much more fun!!

It's well made, easy to use and interactive...back to the good old days when toys didn't have plugs :-)

Flip over alphabet is a great idea as is the white board/pen...after all, what child doesn't enjoy taking charge of the white board??

Maybe a bit pricy but I think its worth it :-)

Enjoy!!